Eva Pseudo-Evolution page discussion

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

Damaijin
Embryo

Eva Pseudo-Evolution page discussion

•      
  •      

Postby Damaijin » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:25 pm

There are a few things:

1. Since there's only been one instance of Eva Pseudo-Evolution, I don't think the article should be written to sound like what happened to Shinji is the universal standard. It should be indicated that 01's attempt at ascension is the only known instance and that it might not have to happen the exact same way in any other instance. Including all the details without making that statement makes it sound like there's an order or operations that must be followed in order for Eva Pseudo-Evolution to occur, which is misleading because there is nothing to compare it to. I'm not saying completely rewrite it, I'm just saying that it needs to be noted somewhere that it's only ever happened once, so there is only that pool of data to draw from, which makes the exact requirements for it unclear.

2. Also, from what I understood, the end of the world wasn't what Shinji desired, it was only incidental (in fact he said, "I don't care what happens to me! I don't care what happens to the world!"). In order for Shinji to save Rei, 01 had to physically change in order to be able to save Rei, and once it crossed the threshold between physical and energy lifeform, there was no turning back. Its completion of its transformation would result in the destruction of all known lifeforms.

3. If Rei merged with 01, wouldn't that have been the same as Rei merging with Lilith? In Rebuild 1.0, Fuyutsuki was upset at the notion of Rei piloting 01, so I was under the impression that it would be possible for her to merge with it. Did that have any effect on the Eva Pseudo-Evolution?
Ben

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:18 pm

The page needs to be updated badly, and said update will necessitate some rewriting and reorganizing that should make it a simple matter to incorporate your suggestions and concerns.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:49 pm

I think I'll take on this project. :stir: Time to break out the research.

TheBeast777
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TheBeast777 » Thu May 16, 2013 2:26 am

Hey I have some good screen grabs to help beef the page up. :wink:
You Can (Not) End

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”