Fave Couple

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby DatDude » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:11 pm

Asuka/Shinji - The only women in the show that shows intrest in Shinji that is in no way a mother figure fo Shinji. Not to say it would be a dream relationship eheheh
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:11 pm

Some couples are just givens - Kaji/Misato, and Gendo's serial monogamy with Yui and the Akagis. And despite SEELE08's assertion (and Reichu's classification of it), I see Shinji/Asuka as a recipe for disaster. At best it would turn out like this, but I think even that's being optimistic - more plausible would be that one day he'd arrive home to find her in flagrante with Touji, and then a few weeks later, act out the kitchen scene. So when I see things like this, it makes me want to go like this. But then I have a reputation to maintain.

There are a lot of other near misses or might have beens that I think more plausible.

Kozo should have ended up with Yui, but then nice guys never get the girl :devil:

Touji/Hikari is almost too obvious, and I don't really see those two ever quite getting it together. From their interchange in ep#17, Touji/Rei seems slightly more likely.

Asuka doesn't show any real signs of being bi-curious, though perhaps she had too many other things on her mind when Hikari made an ambiguous remark while they were in bed together. If she were, that would be a plausible pairing, though I see Maya as being the best stabilising influence on her. There is a dearth of suitable males, though, for pairing her with (as a last resort, under the right circumstances, Kensuke could be a contender).

And it may be just too many fanfics, but I do get the vibe that Misato and Ritsuko may have been an item in student days.

For Shinji, surely one of these girls Image would be a suitable match, down-to-earth enough to be able to provide the anchor and mother-surrogacy he still needs.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Space Penis » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:18 pm

Reichu wrote:
Space Penis wrote:This is a pretty cute pairing.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/HOWABOUTNOBOB/teh%20funnay/1127141901932.jpg

THAT IMAGE SCARES THE FUCK OUT OF ME. (There's an Asuka/EVA-02 one, as well.)

...I thought you were the one who made it. Or was that the Rei and baby Sachiel one you did?
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

Postby SEELE 08 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:43 pm

Which ones are those...?

SEELE04 is "Nigel" and SEELE 06 is "Pierre"

Also I like Keel/MAGI for the humor of it.
I heart Encyclopedia Dramatica!
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:05 pm

1. Asuka/Shinji
2. Misato/Kaji
3. Hikari/Touji

Those are my favorite pairings and also could some one please tell me what round we are in for this conversation? I think I remeber arguing about this once or twice :roll: before.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Legend of the Past
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Legend of the Past » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:18 pm

[quote="SEELE 08"]
Also I like Keel/MAGI for the humor of it.

The scary part is this pairing actually makes some sense.
New Signature Policy

It all returns to nothing...

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:34 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:Kozo should have ended up with Yui, but then nice guys never get the girl :evil:

Obligatory image link.

Touji/Hikari is almost too obvious, and I don't really see those two ever quite getting it together. From their interchange in ep#17, Touji/Rei seems slightly more likely.

Rei hooking up with anybody is unlikely, considering that she's a vessel for Lilith's soul that craves death like nobody's business. Now, if we can feasibly imagine somebody pairing up with who Rei is supposed to be, then we might be getting somewhere.

And it may be just too many fanfics, but I do get the vibe that Misato and Ritsuko may have been an item in student days.

Too many fanfics.

As hopeless a dirty old man as ever... :sighs:

Space Penis wrote:...I thought you were the one who made it. Or was that the Rei and baby Sachiel one you did?

(1) OH HEAVENS NO. If I were going to do a picture like that at all, I would, at the very least, put Zero's mouth where it is supposed to be (where the "jaw joint" is); but I'd be much more likely to draw her naked. The image actually comes from an Italian bird named Luana Spinetti and her fanfic "Eva Brothers". The links I have for her website no longer work, but the synopsis she provided:

Luana Spinetti wrote:03 Evangelion (16 years old), 02 Evangelion (13 years old) and 01 Evangelion (5 years old) are three young robots from planet Cybertron (IF YOU've SEEN TRANSFORMERS, YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS ^^) . Their planet is attacked by the Quintessons, ugly monsters who want their planet and to kill all the Cybertronians.
The 3 brothers Evangelion (it's their surname ^^) soon became orphan because their parents (Ahila and Deathsky) are killed by Quintessons.
They want to escape on another planet, and they choose Earth; but they wrong the coordinates and are launched in another space-dimension... The Evangelion dimension! ^^
Here, they fall on 3 different places and the first to awake is 01 Evangelion, who encounters Misato and Shinji and become their friend.
Then, after finding his brothers again, Misato decides to have the 3 brothers at her home, at least for some time.
03 Evangelion and 02 Evangelion fell in love, respectively, for Rei and Asuka... so their relationship begins ^_^
But they're QUITE different from the real Evas... they're robot from another planet and dimension, and they are there only for a joke of fate ^_^

(2) Yes, the Rei and Sachiel image is my work. (Or, rather, the Sachiel part is.) If you're not acquainted with my stack of horrors, you can find them here.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Satsume
Embryo

Postby Satsume » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:51 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:Some couples are just givens - Kaji/Misato, and Gendo's serial monogamy with Yui and the Akagis. And despite SEELE08's assertion (and Reichu's classification of it), I see Shinji/Asuka as a recipe for disaster. At best it would turn out like this, but I think even that's being optimistic - more plausible would be that one day he'd arrive home to find her in flagrante with Touji, and then a few weeks later, act out the kitchen scene. So when I see things like this, it makes me want to go like this. But then I have a reputation to maintain.

I liked all your visual aids. I can see where you're coming from with the Shinji/Asuka pairing, but I think they have more going. Then again, I'm the hopeless romantic. For me, the main protagonist always has to have a love interest, and I happen to believe it's more Asuka than anyone else!

That head banging animation freaks me out. xD

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Space Penis » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:53 pm

Luana Spinetti wrote:03 Evangelion (16 years old), 02 Evangelion (13 years old) and 01 Evangelion (5 years old) are three young robots from planet Cybertron (IF YOU've SEEN TRANSFORMERS, YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS ^^) . Their planet is attacked by the Quintessons, ugly monsters who want their planet and to kill all the Cybertronians.
The 3 brothers Evangelion (it's their surname ^^) soon became orphan because their parents (Ahila and Deathsky) are killed by Quintessons.
They want to escape on another planet, and they choose Earth; but they wrong the coordinates and are launched in another space-dimension... The Evangelion dimension! ^^
Here, they fall on 3 different places and the first to awake is 01 Evangelion, who encounters Misato and Shinji and become their friend.
Then, after finding his brothers again, Misato decides to have the 3 brothers at her home, at least for some time.
03 Evangelion and 02 Evangelion fell in love, respectively, for Rei and Asuka... so their relationship begins ^_^
But they're QUITE different from the real Evas... they're robot from another planet and dimension, and they are there only for a joke of fate ^_^

OW. OW. MY BRAIN.
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:55 am

SEELE 08 wrote:Also I like Keel/MAGI for the humor of it.

That's really Keel/Naoko(-qua-engram), cybering away in virtual reality.

And look! - evidence of longstanding disagreement:

Reichu wrote:As hopeless a dirty old man as ever... :sighs:

:lol:

Satsume wrote:For me, the main protagonist always has to have a love interest,

If we were following the usual program, Asuka would be the brash interloper that only temporarily distracts the protagonist from the more suitable love interest. As it's NGE, the subtext is that all relationships are damaged, and damaging - that's why I'd select anything but the obvious formulaic pairings.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Legend of the Past
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Legend of the Past » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:22 am

Mr. Tines wrote:If we were following the usual program, Asuka would be the brash interloper that only temporarily distracts the protagonist from the more suitable love interest. As it's NGE, the subtext is that all relationships are damaged, and damaging - that's why I'd select anything but the obvious formulaic pairings.

Agreed. As cute a couple as they may seem, there's too much going against them. Let's face it-Evangelion is anything but a show about love. Misato is a sex machine, the act of Instrumentality is reflective of inter-course, and Shinji jerks off Asuka.

Seriously, this show is more materialistic when it comes to love between men and women. Everyone's too emotionally damaged to love anyone, and what Gendo says during Instrumentality can apply for right about ANYONE in the series.
New Signature Policy

Legend of the Past
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Legend of the Past » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:15 am

BEST PAIRING EVER:http://www.sfondideldesktop.com/Images-Toon/Neon-Genesis-Evangelion/Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-0109/Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-0109.jpg
New Signature Policy

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby DatDude » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:32 am

Legend of the Past wrote:BEST PAIRING EVER:
http://www.sfondideldesktop.com/Images-Toon/Neon-Genesis-Evangelion/Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-0109/Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-0109.jpg

That bird gets all the chicks. 8)

Legend of the Past
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Legend of the Past » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:04 pm

If anyone deserved getting the girl, we ALL know it was Pen Pen.
New Signature Policy

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby TheBlueTree » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:00 pm

Did someone already say keel and the toaster?
Mr. Bud
"Suits? You've got to be kidding me.
Mighty Morphin' Ev-an-gel-i-ooooonnnn!"

Seele 08
"Is it a sign that you might be an otaku when your betta fish are all named after anime characters? One betta is named....Gendo. No wonder my mom and freinds think I'm a nut case."

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby DatDude » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:01 pm

TheBlueTree wrote:Did someone already say keel and the toaster?

Run before Seele8 gets here, and fast :lol:
Last edited by DatDude on Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby TheBlueTree » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:02 pm

to late *gunshot* I smell burning *drops*
Mr. Bud
"Suits? You've got to be kidding me.
Mighty Morphin' Ev-an-gel-i-ooooonnnn!"

Seele 08
"Is it a sign that you might be an otaku when your betta fish are all named after anime characters? One betta is named....Gendo. No wonder my mom and freinds think I'm a nut case."

Satsume
Embryo

Postby Satsume » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:05 pm

Legend of the Past wrote:
Mr. Tines wrote:If we were following the usual program, Asuka would be the brash interloper that only temporarily distracts the protagonist from the more suitable love interest. As it's NGE, the subtext is that all relationships are damaged, and damaging - that's why I'd select anything but the obvious formulaic pairings.

Agreed. As cute a couple as they may seem, there's too much going against them. Let's face it-Evangelion is anything but a show about love. Misato is a sex machine, the act of Instrumentality is reflective of inter-course, and Shinji jerks off Asuka.

Seriously, this show is more materialistic when it comes to love between men and women. Everyone's too emotionally damaged to love anyone, and what Gendo says during Instrumentality can apply for right about ANYONE in the series.

Very much aware that pretty much all of the characters are disturbed in some way. The only relationship that really struck me as "love" was that of Gendo and Yui's. And maybe Kaji and Misato. And Shinji and Asuka's relationship is most likely far from love. Still.. they really are cute together. And no matter how absurd the idea is, Shinji/Asuka gets my vote.

DatDude wrote:
Legend of the Past wrote:BEST PAIRING EVER:
http://www.sfondideldesktop.com/Images-Toon/Neon-Genesis-Evangelion/Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-0109/Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-0109.jpg

That bird gets all the chicks. 8)

This image could have just changed my mind about my last statement. xD

PilotIkari
Embryo

Postby PilotIkari » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:58 pm

I don't care about the supposed Oedipus/Incestual nature, Rei/Shinji are meant for each other. im a R/S shipper through and through :D

Light of the Dawn
Adam

Postby Light of the Dawn » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:45 pm

Best NGE couple...
Shinji/Asuka, I guess.
I kinda like the idea of Kaworu/Rei too, for some reason.
o.o
"I will only be your friend if I'm ordered to."

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”