Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Gundam (In All Its Incarnations) Mk. II Bl

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:59 pm

View Original PostStan wrote:Read it the other way around by mistake (damn my old phone with a tiny screen, can't see shit). Thought you said destiny is good and seed needs a re-write by accident! mahhh bad :wink:

Fair mistake! Just wanted to clear that up lol. ^_^
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed May 09, 2018 7:36 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:Kira isn't the perfect Jesus he tries to make him self out to be in that show.

I disliked Destiny for just this very reason. Kira's gotten awfully full of himself, and it would have been perfect poetic justice if Shinn had killed him in the end even if it was solely for revenge, or if they both died in a struggle against each other because they were too stupid or stubborn to just stop fighting (unlike Heero and Zechs of Wing who did stop). Though SEED itself isn't without its issues, Destiny just doubles down on them and goes for broke, especially with the cheapest Char knockoff of all who I will not even bother naming out of principle.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:46 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:I disliked Destiny for just this very reason. Kira's gotten awfully full of himself, and it would have been perfect poetic justice if Shinn had killed him in the end even if it was solely for revenge, or if they both died in a struggle against each other because they were too stupid or stubborn to just stop fighting (unlike Heero and Zechs of Wing who did stop). Though SEED itself isn't without its issues, Destiny just doubles down on them and goes for broke, especially with the cheapest Char knockoff of all who I will not even bother naming out of principle.

The biggest saving grace of Destiny is that it's so infuriatingly bad in almost conceivable way, that it becomes really fun discussing how sh**ty it really is.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Re: Gundam (In All Its Incarnations) Mk. II

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Thu May 10, 2018 1:22 pm

I still don't know who the main character in destiny is? :rolleyes:

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu May 10, 2018 2:10 pm

I don't think there is one, between Kira and Shinn's season long :shifty: measuring contest.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Sun May 13, 2018 6:18 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:I don't think there is one, between Kira and Shinn's season long :shifty: measuring contest.

IIRC, Kira was supposed to die, but the creators chickened out because of his popularity in Japan.
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun May 13, 2018 7:26 am

Shamsiel-kun wrote:IIRC, Kira was supposed to die, but the creators chickened out because of his popularity in Japan.

Sounds like the same people who were behind the Sailor Moon manga, too scared to let them all die after the first arc was over.

And, if Kira had actually die, it certainly would have improved Destiny's overall story.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:59 pm

Caught up on episode 2 of Seed Destiny! I wasn't really digging the Impulse's initial red coloring so when it equipped to the more traditional blue and red makeup, I was so relieved. Also of note, because I last saw the episode a decade ago, I always thought it would be Sting making the "die" comment to Stella instead of Auel so when it was him who said it and put her in near catatonic state, I felt so bad for her and wanted something really bad to happen to Auel ASAP!
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: Gundam (In All Its Incarnations) Mk. II B/

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:34 am

View Original PostShamsiel-kun wrote:IIRC, Kira was supposed to die, but the creators chickened out because of his popularity in Japan.

Uh, does that mean Cagalli or Shinn was supposed to pilot the Strike Freedom?
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:16 pm

Live action Gundam movie is in the works. I don't know if this would get cheers or jeers from all of you, but I can't wait to see the reactions. :popcorn:
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:07 pm

View Original Postcyharding wrote:Live action Gundam movie is in the works. I don't know if this would get cheers or jeers from all of you, but I can't wait to see the reactions. :popcorn:

I'm down for it as long as a good script is involved and the Gundam effects are not G-Saviour quality. That's just me being optimistic in a world of Transformers and Monsterverse films not making that big of an impression on me...
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:51 pm

I'm hoping for Super Sentai G Gundam, though it will probably be OG Gundam, because that would be the obvious choice.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:45 pm

Gundam Seed to be released next year in bluray with both Canadian and recent American dub. Also, G Gundam will be released this holiday season! ^_^
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... bs/.133963

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:29 am

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:Gundam Seed to be released next year in bluray with both Canadian and recent American dub. Also, G Gundam will be released this holiday season! ^_^
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... bs/.133963

The downside is you have to shell out for the ultra special edition or whatever it is if you want the og Canadian dub. Not a big fan of that. :irked:

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:33 am

Here is a preview of Season3 for Gundam 00:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM9qWIgtklc

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:Gundam Seed to be released next year in bluray with both Canadian and recent American dub.

I am so happy the old dub is included, THANK GOD! :D

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:31 pm

View Original PostStan wrote:Here is a preview of Season3 for Gundam 00:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM9qWIgtklc

I am so happy the old dub is included, THANK GOD! :D

Wouldn’t be a proper Sunrise if they didn’t bring a popular character back from the dead! :boingy:

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:20 pm

Gundam NT teaser reveals new cast members as well as familiar faces such as Mineva Lao Zabi:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... ng/.135533

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:48 pm

Saw this video on YouTube, thought I should share it here. Great stop motion work with some HG models.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=mgCnY2EWQI0

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:55 pm

Brand spankin' new Gundam Narrative trailer reveals theme song plus additional characters and their seiyuu other than main trio:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... st/.138238

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:43 pm

Return to “Anime and Manga”