Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Re: Gundam (In All Its Incarnations) Mk. II

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:16 am

That's weird. If the script was not to their liking, they simply could re-write it (as they did) to be more faithful to the Japanese, but keep the voices. The SEED dub was good, it had outstanding performances from quite a few leads, like Le Creuset. Could there be politics involved between the Canadians and Japanese..

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:32 pm

New Manga in the works: Mobile Suit Moon Gundam

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:36 am

Did anyone play the Gundam VS beta over the weekend? I had a lot of fun! My only complaint is a a total Kamille lover I felt his suits all had some serious problems. The Zeta Gundam has the highest possible cost in the game. You're really putting the Zeta up there with suits from the UC itself you can compare it with like Hi Nu Gundam, Unicorn Full Armor or Crossbone Full Cloth? I don't know just doesn't seem to have the tools or gimmicks to compete in that tier. Plus his Mark II has the same cost as Emma's Mark II but it can't change into super Gundam or use the grenade launcher. It just has a slightly better melee string. I dunno, but when the game comes out at the end of the month I'll be trying more for sure!

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:04 pm

What Happend to Mecha Anime? | Glass Reflection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVGVvi6Efa4

Arkada talks about the lack of new mech anime, and laments how new mecha IP's have been sucked into the "Nostalgia Singularity". Figured it was appropriate for the Gundam thread.

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:26 pm

Picked up Gundam Versus last night. Never played this series, and actually found my first time with it quite enjoyable. I did notice that they already have like 5 Gundams on PSN as $5 DLC... day 1.. ugh

Also I found it weird how some really obvious mobile suits were missing, like Athrun's Aegis/Justice/Savior/Infinite Justice :cringe:

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:38 am

Been on a bit of a gunpla kick recently. I built Mash's Mobile Worker from Gundam Origin, Chinaguy from the Build Fighters Battlogue and Full Armor Gundam from Thunderbolt. I haven't seen IBO yet but my roommate kept telling me to pick up some mobile suit kits from it thinking they were my style. Maybe I will, but I think Lightning Zeta will be next kit. Anyone else enjoy building gunpla?

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:16 am

View Original PostStan wrote:Also I found it weird how some really obvious mobile suits were missing, like Athrun's Aegis/Justice/Savior/Infinite Justice :cringe:

Those are really obvious suits? SEED and SEED Destiny has so many gundam mobile suits that I can't blame them for missing some when they all end up blending together.

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:53 am

View Original PostTankred wrote:Those are really obvious suits? SEED and SEED Destiny has so many gundam mobile suits that I can't blame them for missing some when they all end up blending together.

I think the issue is Athrun is really the rival of the series. It's insane the game has eight seed mobile suits piloted by six pilots before we get to Athrun. Is Buster Gundam really more iconic than Aegis or Justice?

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:13 am

View Original PostTankred wrote:Those are really obvious suits? SEED and SEED Destiny has so many gundam mobile suits that I can't blame them for missing some when they all end up blending together.

SEED does have way too many Gundams. Between the two seasons, they have a ridiculous amount of MS, and all their Gundams actually look too similar, more so than other seasons, because the animators apparently got lazy or something. Plus, in playing Gundam Reborn I like those seasons less, because they are so hard to grind through with the lackluster move set of all the copypaste Gundams from both sides and the massive amount of suits to unlock, which rival the original series in number, and many of the pilots are also lackluster.

And Buster Gundam is basically a cheap knockoff of Heavyarms from GW. Not to mention that Strike Gundam is a ripoff from Liger Zero's Jager (AIle Striker)/ Schneider (Sword Striker)/Panzer (Launcher Striker) armors. I did like the seasons when I first watched them, but they have not aged well, and certainly aren't my favorites.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:46 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote: Not to mention that Strike Gundam is a ripoff from Liger Zero's Jager (AIle Striker)/ Schneider (Sword Striker)/Panzer (Launcher Striker) armors.

With how popular these Versus style games are in JP, seriously there's vs style games for everything now like Final Fantasy and DBZ even, why is Takara sitting on their two massive properties. Can you imagine how well a Zoids vs Transformers game would do?! I know physical toy sales are down so do they have trouble raising capital? They could bid it out and I'm sure some company would be interested.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:50 am

View Original PostMuscleRobo wrote:With how popular these Versus style games are in JP, seriously there's vs style games for everything now like Final Fantasy and DBZ even, why is Takara sitting on their two massive properties. Can you imagine how well a Zoids vs Transformers game would do?! I know physical toy sales are down so do they have trouble raising capital? They could bid it out and I'm sure some company would be interested.

They've had Zoids Versus before, one of the games was ported to the US called "Zoids: Battle Legends" (known as Zoids VS II in Japan). But I would love to see how a Zoids vs. Transformers game would do. It would be nothing short of epic.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: Gundam (In All Its Incarnations) Mk. II Bl

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:59 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:SEED does have way too many Gundams.

I was thinking the same of Zeta; the antagonists kept changing their suits, I couldn't keep a visceral "power level" scale in my mind for whether they were close to a Gundam or not.

With Seed Destiny I didn't quite have that problem, as it was established pretty early that none of the new suits were on par with the Freedom/Justice diad, and that Shinn's Impulse suit was basically a re-hashed STRIKE with a few upgrades.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:02 pm

View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:I was thinking the same of Zeta; the antagonists kept changing their suits, I couldn't keep a visceral "power level" scale in my mind for whether they were close to a Gundam or not.

Yea, I think they were rolling out new mobile suits every episode. The Titans had a quantity over quality problem. The only bad guy MS that really stuck with me from Zeta was the Psycho Gundam, that thing and its pilot were pretty cool.

My main problem with the mobile suits in Zeta was that the Red Comet flew around in a gold machine. ;)
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:58 pm

View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:I was thinking the same of Zeta; the antagonists kept changing their suits, I couldn't keep a visceral "power level" scale in my mind for whether they were close to a Gundam or not.

The Zeta Gundam is never really cutting edge in terms of tech except for its bio-computer, it's obsolete in technological terms way before the show even ends, they give it incremental upgrades to keep it going like the mega launcher and grenade launchers, it being bespoke to Kamilles personal choices also helps. It's a good suit but suits like the Gabthley and Hambrabi are its contemporaries, after that the Zeta Gundam is actually being outmatched and it all comes down to the pilot himself being able to persevere. The AEUG is poor, while the Titans possess influence and wealth so they can naturally waste their money on protos cybernewtype terrors like the Baund Doc and the MK II Psyco, of course Neo Zeon are the guys who make mobile suits that make all the ones after them look poor in comparison (The Zaku III is superior to both its successors in every way). The numerous differing enemy suits fits into the narrative just fine.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: Gundam (In All Its Incarnations) Mk. II B/

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:24 am

Goddammit--- bad news, A Baoa Qu and Axis, basically, cannot exist, because there are no asteroids in the belt that are that massive:

"About half the mass of the belt is contained in the four largest asteroids: Ceres, Vesta, Pallas, and Hygiea.[1] The total mass of the asteroid belt is approximately 4% that of the Moon, or 22% that of Pluto, and roughly twice that of Pluto's moon Charon (whose diameter is 1200 km)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asteroid_belt
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:43 am

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... me/.123843

With the exception of AGE, I can only say TAKE MY MONEY!!!
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:36 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-11-11/right-stuf-details-home-video-releases-of-gundam-age-gundam-uc-gundam-00-anime/.123843

With the exception of AGE, I can only say TAKE MY MONEY!!!

Gonna have to buy 00 on blu ray. I have it on DVD and the the film on the old Bandai blu ray, but must get the two seasons again in the best quality possible.
UC is nice too, but I already have the 7 Bandai releases as they came out from 2010-2014. Paid a lot of $$$ for those.. :facepalm:

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:41 pm

Just gonna leave this here...
A Crossover I'd watch  SPOILER: Show

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:48 pm

Something new Gundam related will be revealed on April 20th:

https://twitter.com/gundam_info/status/ ... 8178137088
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:53 pm

I wonder if this new series is related to what Mr. Tines posted here

Return to “Anime and Manga”