Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Re: Gundam (In All Its Incarnations) Mk. II

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:16 pm

View Original PostMuscleRobo wrote:Hey! The new Gundam Versus is getting a release in the west! http://www.siliconera.com/2017/04/27/gu ... station-4/

Will it be digital only? :(

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:40 am

View Original PostStan wrote:Will it be digital only? :(

Nope, it's a full release! :thumbsup:
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:38 pm

I do not know if these have been posted yet anywhere else on Evageeks but I thought I might as well post them here since it's gundam related:

From Char's CounterAttack
Anno - NZ-333 α Azieru/RGM-89 Jegan
Sadamoto - Quess Paraya

SPOILER: Show

From Gundam Sentinel
Anno - MSA-007 Nero vs. RMS-141 Xeku Eins

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:30 am

Went ahead and saw episodes 1 and 2 of Twilight Axis a little while ago today.

From what I could gather of the shortness of length of each episode, Arlette is a child prodigy who was acquainted with either Char or Full Frontal, I can't remember which since they wear similar clothing and are of similar personalities... She wants to go back to Axis BECAUSE :| and Danton, her father figure since she says so, comes with her and has this fear of shooting enemies down but not to fight them with beam sabers? :???:

From what I hear, the final episode will be 15 minutes much like the Thunderbolt series so something salvageable should come out of it by then.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:34 pm

In Twilight Axis, they go back to Axis because they're forced to by the Earth Federation in order to secure the advanced Neo Zeon technology that was inside the base, both main characters are former Neo Zeon personnel, Danton was a test pilot in the employ of Char Aznable and Haman Karn, Arlette was a mobile suit technician. The animation seems like nonsense, the novel version makes more sense and can be found online as it's being released.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: Gundam (In All Its Incarnations) Mk. II BP

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:07 am

Gundaminfo has released the first episode of Gundam Build Fighters: Battlogue.

What plays out is like an anime version of a Gundam vs cutscene.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:55 pm

Makes me wonder if this is the dub that will be used when both series eventually get their stateside BluRay release.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/20 ... ub/.120036
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: Gundam (In All Its Incarnations) Mk. II B(

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:36 am

Yes, that's what Gundam S**d Needed in order to not be a **** show... a new dub cast.

And why the hell does it need Blu-ray? The sub-par animation looks like absolute shiest in HD already.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Re: Gundam (In All Its Incarnations) Mk. II B(

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:20 am

View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:Yes, that's what Gundam S**d Needed in order to not be a **** show... a new dub cast.

And why the hell does it need Blu-ray? The sub-par animation looks like absolute shiest in HD already.

Early digital animation really doesn't hold up that well vs. what it replaced, that's for sure.

Both shows have some of Okawara's most half hearted work, the animation style is vulgar, let's not mention Hiraiface either, everything has this abysmal plastic sheen to it, the show itself is a mediocre early 2000's shounen anime, less to be said about the second series the better. I don't like to say this, but the misfortune that struck the creators proved fortuitous for everyone else.
Last edited by Tankred on Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:47 pm

As for this development, IDK if I would like to go for Wing even if for nostalgic value but I am really curious about G Gundam so I guess I will just wait it out:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/20 ... es/.120051

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:48 pm

Gus Hanson wrote:As for this development, IDK if I would like to go for Wing even if for nostalgic value but I am really curious about G Gundam so I guess I will just wait it out:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/20 ... es/.120051

This makes me happy for so many reasons, mainly because they're my favorite Gundam series, and it would be nice to see them cleaned up and restored in some fashion. And that Gundam Wing box set...
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:51 pm

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:01 am

View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:Boooo~ You already did that joke. BP

Yes but this time it's more appropriate because it fits one of the series in question - G Gundam

Although seeing as you can't downvote, perhaps this will make up for it ^_^
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:34 pm

Upboating is one of those things which separates the Redditors from the /m/en. :tongueflap:

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:14 pm

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:51 am

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:https://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-08-14/gundam-character-designer-yoshikazu-yasuhiko-is-open-to-remaking-1st-series/.120085

Best news I've heard in a while, would be great if they manage to get the ball rolling.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Justacrazyguy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:56 pm

As long as they don' use CGI, I'm all for this. Although I do wonder if this ever came to be, if they would release in an OVA format, like Unicorn or something else of that nature. A regular series sounds unlikely.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:38 am

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:As long as they don' use CGI, I'm all for this. Although I do wonder if this ever came to be, if they would release in an OVA format, like Unicorn or something else of that nature. A regular series sounds unlikely.

The CGI from the latest OVA is actually passable, you can tell it's had a cash injection, I can actually tolerate it, it's some of the best animated CG I've seen. They've had to shape up for a show like Gundam, otherwise, why bother? The mobile suits are the tools in which the human conflicts revolve around, they are extensions of the characters. It would be embarassing if it was piss poor.

Yeah, they could probably get away with an OVA format for it, the original 3 films worked out fine, I don't see why an OVA wouldn't work.

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:47 pm

I'm a little late on this, but do we know why Sunrise didn't get the old actors for the new SEED dub? I understand that the Remaster cut and re-did many scenes to a point of an old dub-track not working. But why was the [url]entire[/url] cast replaced?

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:54 pm

I'm only speculating but considering that the Answerman from Anime News Network covered this issue, basically the Japanese executives might've simply not liked the Ocean dub and wanted a more faithful English release. I believe Sailor Moon had the same issue that the Japanese simply didn't like the Canadian dub for taking so many liberties and wanting a future dub to be absolutely dedicated to the source material.

Here's the article:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/answerma ... 16/.120179

Return to “Anime and Manga”