Evangelion 13: fate, mechanics, etc.

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu May 16, 2013 5:08 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:You might be onto something...If the MP Evas in Final turn out to be able to regenerate and pop their heads off to reveal harpy heads beneath their Mark.06 helmets, then attack Eva 08+02....Well, it certainly wouldn't disappoint fans of the original harpy battle...

Ooooh, I can see that happening : 8+2 mopping the floor with the green MP-EVAs, then suddenly Gendo launch the command to "awake" them, all of their armor morph to a more organic one of bone white color, and their helmet then explode revealing their eyeless and perpetually grinning face, hundreds of harpies ready for battle.
SURPRISE! YOU'RE FUCKED 8+2!!! :devil:

As for EVA-13, it will definitively appears in Final, an awakened god with two superpowerful spears embedded in it, just laying here waiting to fall into the enemies' hands? Impossible!
Maybe Gendo retrieved it and will fit it with a Dumy System to fight alongside the MP-EVAs? Or maybe it's necessary for his Final impact?
If it landed not too far from EVA-08, I can't see WILLE at least trying to retrieve it, if only because it's too powerful to lay in the ruins unsupervised. Maybe we didn't saw it with 08 and 02 because WILLE put 13 in a special quarantine zone with angel sealing hex pillars. Maybe in Final they will give it to ReiQ(Kaworu said that she can't do the synchronized ATF, not that she can't pilot it) if she managed to gain their trust(that would imply a time skip), or to Shinji if the plot made it so WILLE don't have any other choice. Personally I don't see Shinji going back to piloting EVA-01 in Final : firstly that would basically mean going back to mommy for help, and that would be detrimental to Shinji's character development, secondly 01 escaping would mean putting the Wunder out of action, unless they replace it with EVA-13, but I don't see it happen because of the first point, thirdly from the little we saw of it in space and when Asuka plugged the ignition system, 01 seems to have muted into something trying to change into core material anything around it, not really a safe thing to let roaming around, and finally EVA-01 is still with the old armor or mutated into something covered in core material, not something really appealing to sell as figures right? :D
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun May 19, 2013 7:08 pm

Was flipping through Yamashita's old 90s concept book with some werewolf Asuka and gangsta Rei and found this:
Daidalus concept.

Note how it has its arms merged together and into its chest similar to Eva-13's 2nd set of arms.

SPOILER: Show
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

andreh
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby andreh » Wed May 29, 2013 7:47 pm

Crazy theory:
Adam on NGE was reduced to an embryo; maybe the four giant of light of NME is Adam that fragmented itself to be able to "survive".
So, EVA13 is one of the parts of the original Adam (or two fused Adams?).
:bigeyes:
I do not speak English natively. If you see any error, blame my teacher or Google Translate LOL

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu May 30, 2013 3:10 am

View Original Postandreh wrote:Crazy theory:
Adam on NGE was reduced to an embryo; maybe the four giant of light of NME is Adam that fragmented itself to be able to "survive".
So, EVA13 is one of the parts of the original Adam (or two fused Adams?).
:bigeyes:

Unlikely : if that was the case, then how do you explain that there is four spears, one of them never seem until now? I doubt that the spears can be multiplied, if that was the case NERV and SEELE would have made a ton of them and utterly curb-stomped the Angels!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Thu May 30, 2013 3:32 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Unlikely : if that was the case, then how do you explain that there is four spears, one of them never seem until now? I doubt that the spears can be multiplied, if that was the case NERV and SEELE would have made a ton of them and utterly curb-stomped the Angels!

They made a load of replica Spears for the MP Evas in EoE, though. It is possible that Adam was split into four, but I think it's unlikely when you consider that there were already four Spears at the site of Second Impact, that is to say the Adams came with the Spears and the Spears weren't manufactured by Nerv/Gehirn/Seele.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Charsi
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Charsi » Thu May 30, 2013 8:20 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Was flipping through Yamashita's old 90s concept book with some werewolf Asuka and gangsta Rei and found this:
Daidalus concept.

Note how it has its arms merged together and into its chest similar to Eva-13's 2nd set of arms.

This actually reminds me of something out of Macross, where the Eva folds its arms to form the fore section of an aircraft. It has wings and intakes for engines too.

andreh
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby andreh » Thu May 30, 2013 12:22 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Unlikely : if that was the case, then how do you explain that there is four spears, one of them never seem until now? I doubt that the spears can be multiplied, if that was the case NERV and SEELE would have made a ton of them and utterly curb-stomped the Angels!

You're right, I completely forgot the Spears :facepalm: :lol:
Indeed, it seems to me that one of the spears were different (one seems to do not have the spiral pattern):

So it seems to me just a "different Adam" with Cassius was able to make the impact.
Judging by the number of "wings" it seems that only a giant light was the trigger of the Impact. What the other three were doing (or will they merged)?

Sorry my bad english :uhh:
I do not speak English natively. If you see any error, blame my teacher or Google Translate LOL

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu May 30, 2013 1:28 pm

In fact there is more than six wings in your second screenshot : they form a circle around EVA-01, actually there seems to be... 12 wings! Coincidence? I think not!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu May 30, 2013 1:37 pm

View Original Postandreh wrote:Judging by the number of "wings" it seems that only a giant light was the trigger of the Impact. What the other three were doing (or will they merged)?

Combining this view with this, each Adams looks to have two wings. It's Eva-01 that has a lot. (It's difficult to count the roots precisely; there could be as many as 12 wings.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu May 30, 2013 3:16 pm

Layout makes it pretty clear there's only 4 sources.

"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu May 30, 2013 4:14 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Combining this view with this, each Adams looks to have two wings. It's Eva-01 that has a lot. (It's difficult to count the roots precisely; there could be as many as 12 wings.)

Crazy theory : the last time we saw a godly being with 12 wings, it was in EoE when Lilith got reunited with her soul(Rei) and absorbed ADAM, thus forming the so dreaded "forbidden union", the creation of a "true god".
If EVA-01 effectively has 12 wings when it awoke(maybe the layout of the scene is clearer than the final scene?), that could be a foreshadowing that EVA-01 is made from Lilith and that Rei II's soul is Lilith's, like in NGE : at the end of 2.22, Lilith's soul(Rei II) got reunited with her awakened body(EVA-01 in laser rape mode) and absorbed an ADAM-based lifeform(Zeruel) thus bringing the "forbidden" union.

And for EVA-13 that was the contrary : an ADAM(EVA-13) awakened by devouring one of its offspring's core(12th Angel) and at the same time absorbing Lilith's body(the LCL Lilith's cadaver turned into and seemingly absorbed by the 12th Angel when it transformed into a giant red fetus with Rei's face), accomplishing again the forbidden union!
As for its soul, I have two theory :
- the soul was still inside EVA-13, but dormant until awakened.
- the soul is inside Kaworu like in NGE : actually Kaworu was the ADAM who got ejected to the Moon during 2I, fell "unconscious", then SEELE got here, found the ADAM, extracted his soul to put it in a created Lilin body(Kaworu) and convinced him to join them in their plan to bring HIP to mankind. As for the mysterious coffins, maybe the empty ones are failed attempts to fix ADAM's soul to a Lilin body, or they constantly keep a Kaworu active so he can be kept on the loop on how SEELE's plans are advancing, and the body have an expiration date, when the soul leave the useless body and goes to the next one in the coffins. So maybe the Kaworu we saw in 1.0 and 2.0 is Kaworu V and the one in 3.0 is Kaworu VIII!(that would explain his different hairstyle)
Last edited by ElMariachi on Fri May 31, 2013 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri May 31, 2013 2:34 am

Maybe the coffins are SEELE's Kaworuquarium.

I wonder where they found Eva-13, since we only see it being created in 3.0, and it must be difficult to carry the body of an Adam from wherever it landed after 2I into the ruins of Tokyo-3.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Squigsquasher
Banned

Unit 13 in 3.0 and Beyond-Origins, Nature, Soul etc...

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:45 pm

[Mod note: This post was originally the OP of another topic that was merged into this one. --Monk]

Unit 13, despite being the main plot point of 3.0, is largely shrouded in mystery. It bears many similarities to Unit 01 and Mark 06, uses a double entry system, and has no AT field. It awakens, and is eventually sent tumbling down to earth, presumably intact but damaged.

So, the question is, what exactly IS Unit 13?

We never find out whose soul is in the unit (although it is possible that in NME, Unit 01 is the only Eva to actually contain a soul, as no references are made to the other Evas containing souls). If I remember rightly, it is alluded to that it is based on one of the Adams, which would imply it contains the soul of said Adam. This could explain why it needs 2 pilots-1 pilot is not enough to gain control over such a powerful soul. However, it is shown to be incapable of projecting an AT field, and requires the use of drones to project protective AT fields for it, which would imply that if it does have a soul, it isn't very powerful, which somewhat weakens the former theory regarding the double entry system. Whilst one could as a result assume that Dai-Juusangouki has no soul, this seems unlikely, as it is capable of awakening, and to the best of my knowledge, Eva units need to have souls to function (as the soul is what the pilot synchronizes with, after all).

My personal theories regarding the soul of Unit 13 are;

1: It contains the soul of an Adam.
2: It contains the combined souls of SEELE (I can't remember, but I think they are deactivated before Unit 13 is launched)
3: It has no soul, but merely has Kaworu projecting his own soul into it to give it life.

Also, the design seems odd. It has many similarities to Unit 01 and Mark 06, looking like a fusion of the 2 units. Perhaps Gendo ordered that it be designed that way, to remind him of Yui, who he can no longer even get near now that Unit 01 is in the engine of the Wunder.

Anyway, discuss, theorize, debate, etc.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:17 pm

It's not really alluded to being based on an Adam, Mari pretty much says it bluntly "It's (as in it IS) one of the surviving Adams". It would explain Kaworu's mention on how he was the trigger for fourth impact (Kaworu holds the soul of Adam and going back to one of the bodies of Adam).
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:37 pm

Already a thread dedicated to Evangelion 13:
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/14008/Evangelion-13-fate-mechanics-etc/

No 'unit' or 'Mark' designation.
Just Eva.

"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:55 pm

:zer_sweatdrop: Whew! My first, inexpert merge. The topic that was merged started here and ends with the post right above mine.

Carry on! -- your friendly neighborhood Mod Monk not to be confused with any local mod ducks
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

andreh
Lilith

Re: Unit 13 in 3.0 and Beyond-Origins, Nature, Soul etc...

•      
  •      

Postby andreh » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:07 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Perhaps Gendo ordered that it be designed that way, to remind him of Yui, who he can no longer even get near now that Unit 01 is in the engine of the Wunder.

I think the similarity is due to the need for economy: due to lack of resources Gendo had to use the spare parts that were originally from Eva01. Ditto for Mark09.

BTW, I think we would know more about Eva13 if we discover the difference between a regular Evangelion and a Evangelion "Mark".

[Mod note: The preceding paragraph sparked this tangent. Please continue any similar discussion there and not here. And despite this scary bold red text, I'm not chastising anyone. --Monk]

Masterblast
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Masterblast » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:59 pm

At the end Gendo say's that the 4'th impact "helped bring unit 13 to it's awakening". I think we'll see more in the next film.

andreh
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby andreh » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:24 pm

During the awakening of EVA13 the 'holographic monitor' shows this: http://i.imgur.com/L9kwwL5.png
Unfortunately it is very unreadable on my copy, but my [s:zxl64wfa]poor[/s:zxl64wfa] eyes think is written "13th angel / / / / unknown EVA Unit"
If correct, this could mean that EVA13 (and possibly others EVAs Units or even Kaworu) are unknown by Wille?

Someone with BD could confirm this?

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:44 pm

Wille probably didn't know about Evangelion 13. It seems like it was completed during the movie, so it's not like they really had a chance to learn about its existence.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”