FML General Thread [4]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

FML General Thread [4]

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:22 pm

And we keep on keeping on the 2:1 ratio with the RML thread.

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Do you even GASHUNK?

SPOILER: Show
:tongue:
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:23 pm

Four FML threads vs. two RML threads. WTH? Get happier people!
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:32 pm

Or just stop complaining. It works every time.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:02 pm

We gave three of our nine cats to a guy who works for a group that does spaying. He brought them to his home yesterday with the intent to bring them to the hospital today. Apparently one of them escaped when he got there because my dad "didn't close the cage properly". These cats are like family to us, so my dad and I are driving to his neighborhood to try to look for it. Wish me luck.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:06 pm

Good luck
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:08 pm

View Original PostTrajan wrote:Four FML threads vs. two RML threads. WTH? Get happier people!

Well I say four isn't enough! Come on people lets go for five!

So yeah today I tried to go somewhere but ended up being too late to get in because they had this weird thingy where you have to hit numbers and they let you in so I just began randomly hitting numbers on it and eventually I got in somehow but byt he time I did it was too late.

The opinion on religion topic sucks now, I liked it better when I was on top of my soap box talking about stuff. Maybe it's time to get the old soap box back out again. And why do people constantly try to convince others their opinion is correct? Whether your opinion on religion is correct or not, your not going to prove shit on an internet forum about evangelion.

I think that Twilight sparkle becoming a princess in mlp is taking the show in a very questionable direction.

I'm hungry right now, but I'm making a post here instead of getting lunch

I'm having trouble thinking of more stuff to post here even though I wanted to post more

TDSA seems to not be on the internet anymore for realz this time
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:49 pm

View Original PostTrajan wrote:Four FML threads vs. two RML threads. WTH? Get happier people!

Last time I said (the obvious) it was because people naturally complain more than praise, but lately I've been thinking it's because posts in the FML thread are more likely to get replies from people offering condolences. Hell, I imagine coL is responsible for a whole 100 pages on her own by now! :lol:

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:We gave three of our nine cats to a guy who works for a group that does spaying. He brought them to his home yesterday with the intent to bring them to the hospital today. Apparently one of them escaped when he got there because my dad "didn't close the cage properly". These cats are like family to us, so my dad and I are driving to his neighborhood to try to look for it. Wish me luck.

Awww shit son, I hope you find him. My dogs'll always be family to me, I can imagine how you're feeling.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:07 pm

Well, we tried, but it was pretty much a lost cause from the start. The guy's supposed to bring back at least one of the cats tomorrow, so we'll inquire more as to what exactly happened then. We're still not sure if the cat escaped at his house or at the shelter where the spaying is done. Apparently he's lost cats before, but sometimes they stay around his house and come back when he puts food out.

Wherever Nerino is, I hope he/she finds food and a warm, dry place to sleep tonight.

EDIT: Figures. One of my cats goes missing and YouTube suggests a video of a cat giving birth to SIX ADORABLE KITTENS. ...I'm a total cat person, in case you couldn't already tell.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:39 pm

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:Using your anime expertise to get girls is quite an innovative approach but seemingly ineffective (not surprising), you should try other things.

Okay, I let that slide for now but who the hell do you think I am? :|

As heuristic rule of thumb being anime fan counts as a negative trait for girl because anime fans, like nerds in general, are horrible people on average. Second, I'm not coma patient who wears ass as a hat: in other words I would never try something as retarded as "using your anime expertise to get girls". Who do you think I am, 80s Hideaki Anno? :cringe:

Third, I really wasn't "trying anything" in the first place.

Also, going by NemZ's comment it looks like it wasn't clear enough that she was anime and Eva fan in the first place (I don't think I would've ever even met her otherwise). Seriously, she might have more Eva stuff than me (not achievement given how ittle I own). The thing is finnish TV only ever broadcasted the original tv series and since she was happy with EoTV she never really stumbled upon EoE and DCs. She saw Rebuilds last winter so it's not like I'd automatically assume lack of interest per se. More like lack of time which was ubiquitous last spring for her too.

View Original PostJune wrote:Man, I never knew just how close you both were as bros, you guys packaged together are like High-Bro Tier.

Yeah, he's internet bff with no benefits and that's cool.

Well, unless you want to count promises like this as "benefits":

[2/23/2013 7:43:28 AM] Merrimerri: yeah
[2/23/2013 7:43:32 AM] Merrimerri: great plan
[2/23/2013 7:43:34 AM] Merrimerri: get bourbon
[2/23/2013 7:43:36 AM] Xard: hmm, in other words should I start turning into Lemmy Mk. II
[2/23/2013 7:43:51 AM] Merrimerri: I was thinking a dysfunctional James Bond
[2/23/2013 7:43:53 AM] Xard: funniest thing is I looked into some single malts couple weeks ago
[2/23/2013 7:43:57 AM] Merrimerri: nice
[2/23/2013 7:43:57 AM] Xard: but they were too much for my wallet
[2/23/2013 7:44:00 AM] Merrimerri: yeah dude
[2/23/2013 7:44:03 AM] Merrimerri: they're mad expensive
[2/23/2013 7:44:06 AM] Merrimerri: but worth it
[2/23/2013 7:44:13 AM] Merrimerri: that's what I don't drink scotch often
[2/23/2013 7:44:16 AM] Merrimerri: :D
[2/23/2013 7:44:23 AM] Xard: yeah
[2/23/2013 7:44:24 AM] Xard: well, don't worry
[2/23/2013 7:44:33 AM] Xard: when I come to America I'll be sure to empty your bourbons
[2/23/2013 7:44:40 AM] Merrimerri: :D:D:D
[2/23/2013 7:44:46 AM] Merrimerri: I'll be sure to be stocked up

Bagheera wrote:Well, of course you fucked up; she makes this long-ass e-mail about something that's of interest to you and you (effectively) blow her off, so that's always a fuckup.

...I guess it doesn't help I didn't mean to. As usual with these things I want to write epic, enormous reply as if i was exchanging letters in 18th century but eventually it takes so much time I just forget to do it in the end. Waiting for uni doesn't help.

Those who have had the experience of exchanging pm's with me or have seen me drop out from various debates in some threads know what I'm talking about...

Bagheera wrote:Did you dodge a bullet? Hard to tell. It's either that or you missed the brass ring, depending on the particulars. But seriously, when a girl sends you correspondence and shit don't blow her off. Even if you're busy it's rude and stuff.

LOOK I KNOW RIGHT, that's the main FML part. As if I didn't have bad enough moral hangover about last January as it was then this too...

As for bullets or rings, well, rings are much closer on target I think. It's just that you'd find me under a bus more easily than actually express genuine (romantic, I'm not apathetic sociopath jackass in general) interest in others. We got along very well and were pretty close and all but I never brought up this slight interest of mine in any form and she never gave me any reason to think she considered anything more than "that funny, intelligent guy" which is all I get from most people anyway (well I guess some add "weird" to the mix). So really, it's not like I had any reasons to suspect anything more when she sent me that mail. Especially since I didn't expect to see her ever again after last spring.

I guess I just don't know what to say so if this post is nonsense that would be the reason. I should just keep to my aidoru animoes, life is simple.
Last edited by Xard on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:45 pm

Had to factory reset my SGS2 due to a endless loop of booting up and everything from contacts to pictures to videos to music to anime wallpapers are gone now.

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:07 pm

Xard, I gotta ask because I'm not sure: What is it that makes this one bug so much? Is that you really liked her and you (from what I gather) blew it, or that you may have hurt her feelings? Or is it something else?

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Had to factory reset my SGS2 due to a endless loop of booting up and everything from contacts to pictures to videos to music to anime wallpapers are gone now.

Eeek, that sucks. I dread the day my hard drive inevitably fails. Excluding the obvious stuff like my images folder, music, downloads, I have a lot of stuff that holds sentimental value on here. Hope you didn't lose anything like that, mate.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

Postby A.T. Fish » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:57 pm

Xard wrote:Okay, I let that slide for now but who the hell do you think I am? :|

Veteran EGF member known for posting long and detailed reviews of anime series in the anime subforum and proud owner of a Dakimakura?

Xard wrote:As heuristic rule of thumb being anime fan counts as a negative trait for girl because anime fans, like nerds in general, are horrible people on average. Second, I'm not coma patient who wears ass as a hat: in other words I would never try something as retarded as "using your anime expertise to get girls". Who do you think I am, 80s Hideaki Anno? :cringe:

I don't know you man, but your last post kinda suggested that, sorry for underestimating your common sense.

ps: the "proud" part was meant in jest.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:44 pm

Bagheera wrote:Kaji's an idiot. Women really aren't all that mysterious, and treating them like they are just because they have a vagina is silly.

Thank you. Couldn't have said it better myself. I say this as someone who has no more trouble relating to women than men. There's far more variation within the sexes than between them.

CJD wrote:Famous last words.

Says you :tongue:

View Original PostCJD wrote:Eeek, that sucks. I dread the day my hard drive inevitably fails. Excluding the obvious stuff like my images folder, music, downloads, I have a lot of stuff that holds sentimental value on here. Hope you didn't lose anything like that, mate.

Yet it's not valuable enough for you to be arsed to back it up, apparently.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:32 am

A 3-year-old toddler is not like a recruit at a Marine bootcamp; a 40something screaming at the former like a DI in Full Metal Jacket isn't going to help.

Goddamn, I wish I was someplace else.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:37 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:Xard, I gotta ask because I'm not sure: What is it that makes this one bug so much? Is that you really liked her and you (from what I gather) blew it, or that you may have hurt her feelings? Or is it something else?

It's a combination of things and you need to remember this retrospective realization just acted as a trigger for return of more general

First in importance comes of course what I called moral hangover: were I delightfully old fashioned I'd pin it down as consciousness of one's sinful nature but in tis forum that just makes people think of Keel Lorenz and tang so I better refrain from using that (whoops). If you remember my unfortunate accident from January with incredibly bad luck, empty stomach and whiskey you know what I'm talking about. Chances are you don't, though, so to make quick recap: I had a meetup with bunch of friends from my almost 2intense4me Japanese studies that ended last spring in January. Great time was had by all and it pleasure to meet some people I hadn't seen face to face in long while (the city we chose as meetup place happened to be one where the Girl lived which is the reason why a lot time was spent at her apartment eventually). Or it was great fun untill I lost my control with whiskey - entire bottle of which I downed in few hours anyway - and guzzled last half of it within hour or so down my throat. On empty stomach. With couple of beers beforehand.

Hence the evening ended with me playfully almost breaking the floor with erogeanon's head (he sat next to me and we were goofin' around and I wanted to do kind of combo of sweaty man hug and tusslin' in good fun y'know so I took him by neck and swung him up and down a bit - nothing too violet but I didn't grasp my power fully intoxicated so it looked a but more furious than I thought. Guys were chill with it and found fun but girls got kind of, uh, worried) and soon afterwards puking my brains out for almost hour in Girl's bathroom. It was pretty cool, IIRC she had wanted to introduce me to her roommate (or was it that girl's bf) and have us talk something since she considered us the two smartest people she knew. I ended up leaving perfect first interpretation with my back of the head and complete obliviousness to her presence. Whoops.

In short I jackassed that friday night and ruined perfectly fun reunion for some people - and felt like shit about it. I sorted that out and apologized on Sunday so in a sense that's past. That of course didn't stop me feeling bad about it for a really long time (as I should) and given the control I generally try to have in my, uhh, public discourse with others such fails are all the more irksome.

Now I had thought this was only thing to feel considerably bad about - of course it was kind of rude and derpy (but not out of my character and as such hopefully not utterly unexpected) but hey, if the summer mail was just hobbyist asking about hobbyist thing it's not the mail was of importance or emotional value to either party much, right? So it's not like I would've hurt her in any noteworthy way with forgetting the letter.

Now if it just wasn't (of course I can't say for sure) anime fans anime fanning but she might've had other interests or the mail actually was of some importance to her that means I had been acting like jerkass towards her without knowing it for even longer than I realized. Feels batman.

Secondly I think I really liked her. Probably. Maybe. I hope so. I'm rather cynical of my ability for this kind of love in first place so this sounds probably more uncertain than it should but the thing is I never made my mind up about it consciously, which was good excuse for me to not take any sort of potential feelings~~ seriously. I guess this is no surprise but I take most human passions, interests and pursuits as bunch of big, fat pointless jokes and same goes for me when I end up acting with those - which in turn can't help but lead to living one's life in certain state of detached irony for large part. But if actions are truer than words and all I guess what I was doing for most of last year was go through curious motions of self-deception for variety of reasons in order to avoid admitting the obvious.

Reasons? For one I had to deal with tons of drama caused by one of my friends's hoops in this very area involving other females. It was huge mess with generally good, very nice folks descenting into dysfunctional non-communication and I'm glad I can say I played big part in defusing that situation. But certainly I had no will to disturb the balance reached and potentially give grounds for more awkwardness. Secondly and most importantly I knew people would separate back to their own paths by spring anyway and pursuing relationships in such context at best stupidly foolhardy and at worst pants on head retarded. Third and least importantly it's not like I've ever asked anyone out or even have guts for it, for me it has always been case of some insane woman wearing me down and me giving in (though back in teenage I was usually the one who'd wore down more slowly so I dodged some bullets well :lol:). Fourth and related to third I just lacked any clear indicator she had any interest in me and I could imagine no reason for her to ever have such thing (same goes even now). There's out of league and then there's good looking blonde geek girl who cosplays without being /cgl/ whore and on top of that is very intelligent, is genius with languages (almost knew as many as I have fingers - and all with great grades, she was top student in Japanese too) and has feisty murders-you-with-glorious-stare-if-you-say-one-wrong-word personality without being a bitch at all. I don't remember if I've found discussions with any woman actually interesting for long while ever before.

I expected whatever lingering pseudo-affection I might have to dissipate quickly once summer started but given my initial reaction receiving said mail and how I was in January that doesn't seem to be case.

The thing is I am rather good with my liquor and I've only ever lost the control VERY few times in my life despite not really holding back or penny pinching when it matters. The two big times in my life when I *have* lost the control had her as presence both times. First there was the infamous liver killer drinking game of Red Dawn I played with metalhead last winter and after which I proceeded to accidentally freak everyone the fuck out because they thought I'd die by choking or something after I thought it was wise to return to my quarters to rest and empty my stomach.

As if the humiliation of losing the game was not bad enough on its own it was her in particular who was very shook by it: as in she was scared and worried as fuck to tears level back then and I ended up giving her "the most traumatic drinking related experience" of her life (to paraphrase one common friend) with it. That was of course old and forgiven thing in this January but can you imagine how it felt when first time I met her over 6+ months I end up doing this thing again? There's making ass out of yourself and then doing it TWICE and probably hurting her in the process, even if you think you're only one actually going through anything unpleasant.

Now what makes this the bottoms for me is that while I'd never admit it usually I'm pretty sure it was her presence that was chief reason for my gleeful participation in overkill on both instances. While there were other reasons I think I was really subconsciously trying to be "manly" and radiate aura of stoic immovability against alcohol holocaust and how unaffected and boss I'd be regardless because it's not like I had guts for actually expressing (frivolous) feelings~~. In short it was dick waving contest against myself but instead of acquiring Herculean feats of being unkillable slab of stone and silly jokes I got my ass spanked by all the spirits. It should be stressed I really only realized this only afterwards, the whole retarded lel I'm a man after all "boasting" was entirely subconscious.

Sooo, what if she actually had had some interest and I blew my chances, no matter how slim or unlikely to work out in reality (hooray for long dist-ohwait, they always fail), just because I *never realized* the existence of such chance with the email? You can bet this is some major FML. Hell, even if my non-response had not been a game sealer I can't imagine the January gig anything but killing whatever slim possibility there might've still been.

So yes, both possible answers you sketch contribute to the FMLness of this all. I guess as a third branch I could also bring up basic pride and high standards I hold for myself: I can't believe it took me so long to connect the dots and I ought to have done much better job. I guess my January depression that followed the boozin' and cruisin' is something of a excuse for not noticing details like this but... :shrug:

Well, congrats I guess. You managed to pull rather self-loathing wall of text from me and I don't particularly like airing my dirty laundry in public. Thankfully there's not a lot of it in general, apart from this whole Oh-Xard-you-oblivious-little-boy deal my biggest problems these days have been not getting perfect scores from exams like I should (though I've got nothing but those after the one average score in fall so ehh, whatever. If it wasn't for being geek beta in these regards I'd have nothing to whine about)

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:I don't know you man, but your last post kinda suggested that, sorry for underestimating your common sense.

Well I guess that goes under the obscure context. Merri and I've discussed related events beforehand so it's not like I had to give much background info to him.

Though I'm still miffed by assumption about my lack of common sense in this area, especially so because Jimbo's "you really are the Otaku equivalent of a Catholic and Jew rolled up into one giant dakimakura of guilt" didn't come from nowhere :lol:

(the Anno reference was serious, I don't remember the source anymore but there's this story going around of Anno trying to pick up chicks by bragging he animated the God Warrior in Nausicaaä)

well, that's it. I'm going to take morning nap now. I can't wait getting all embarrassed about writing this post when I wake up, that happened yesterday with previous ("fuck why did i write that").

See ya later, alligator

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:57 am

All these people insulting Kaji, that's pretty FML worthy in my opinion. Ya'll never be half the man he was.

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Says you :tongue:

Considering your expertise on masturbation...

Yet it's not valuable enough for you to be arsed to back it up, apparently.

Hard drives still aren't back to 2010 prices (fucking floods in Thailand), and even then it's just trading one unreliable means of storage for another. As is I just hope my SMART data doesn't betray me and I get enough warning in advance.

View Original PostXard wrote:First in importance comes of course what I called moral hangover

Eh, well I never called it a "moral hangover," though I don't recall having any reason to within the last few years, but this just sounds like plain old hardcore embarrassment and shame to me. Unfortunately I lack the answer to this. I'm told the cure is unconditional love, but I've yet to verify such claims, and I suspect that advice does you just as little good. Typically my way of assuaging people in this situation is to reveal some even more embarrassing, even more shameful experience I've had, but unfortunately my XP Level with women is even lower than yours.... actually, I suppose that's pretty embarrassing and shameful in and of itself. So take comfort Xard! It could be worse, you could be me (or, well, any of the average /a/nons or /v/irgins for that matter).

There's out of league and then there's good looking blonde geek girl who cosplays without being /cgl/ whore and on top of that is very intelligent, is genius with languages (almost knew as many as I have fingers - and all with great grades, she was top student in Japanese too) and has feisty murders-you-with-glorious-stare-if-you-say-one-wrong-word personality without being a bitch at all.

Ah, well I hate to be a bearer of bad news but that last one... the way you describe that sounds like a biggy, mate. Ya may very well have been struck by Amor's arrow, and it sounds like ya blew it. I suppose if you want, and you have balls of titanium, you could still try to play the game, but from what I gather you're a pragmatist, so I won't bullshit you with the "there's still a shot!" routine. On the other hand, being a pragmatist you also know love, sorry, feelings~~, aren't a one and done thing. And you're smart, young, social, and socially aware. Cupid shouldn't have any trouble hitting you again. Though this time if he does, notice it eh? Being a flying diaper wearing baby who spends eternity shooting arrows at mostly self centered twats is an underpaid and overworked profession, at least have the decency to pay attention when he finishes with the local high school and pays you a visit.

Well, congrats I guess. You managed to pull rather self-loathing wall of text from me and I don't particularly like airing my dirty laundry in public

I imagine writing it felt like one of the most relieving things you've done in a while, and that not 5 minutes after hitting submit you regretted it and felt embarrassed by it. At least that's how it is for me.

Edit:

I can't wait getting all embarrassed about writing this post when I wake up, that happened yesterday with previous ("fuck why did i write that").

Yep. :coffee:

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:25 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:Considering your expertise on masturbation...

I have as much trouble getting men in bed too, ya know.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:28 am

Move on Xard, no reason to dwell on such things. Just make sure to learn from it next time.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:53 am

Xard,

I am in agreement with Fireball in the respect that if you have no serious interest in a romantic relationship with said Girl, you should spend time with some other people for a bit, i.e. give yourself some other social situations to think about.
If you still have feelings for said Girl, or if you are still unsure, I suggest prepare another email (a short one) that could appeal to her general interest and/or inquire as to the status of her studies i.e. how's it going

In any case, I thought about it and I decided to share the following quotations, in which you may find insight for these sorts of situations:

#1  SPOILER: Show
    if you like it then you shoulda putta ring on it ♪

#2  SPOILER: Show

but you didn't have to cuuuuut me off ♪
    make out like it never happen-n-n and we were nothing

and I don't even neeeed your love

but you treat me like a stranger
    and that feels so rough

As I have now had my moment of biting satire, one more thing.

It's not like you have a friend of yours printing out and distributing fliers around your school about you that read "you love person x" in large capital letters, so don't feel you have to live up to other people's expectations on what you should do or how you should act in regard to your feelings. and I use that as an example not because it is sounds like a big deal but it is a situation I became forced into a few years ago. I don't count on you relating to it but I thought you should know, as at the time I felt highly depressed and although I began to feel better about it all I had a lingering sense of guilt about it as I never spoke about the situation to the other in concern
Voluntary Illusion.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:41 am

All that and she's a Rei fan? Damn it Xard, you dun goofed.

:rei_hissyfit: :shinchair: :rei_hissyfit:

But yeah, you're far from the first smart guy to turn into a complete idiot when trying to impress a girl who already probably likes him for himself and thus actually give good reason for her to flee when fake 'macho man' persona reveals himself in all his idiot splendor. Tell your inner Shinji to STFU with all the self loathing and insecurity bullshit and just say what you mean when you mean it.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”