[GAME] Neon Genesis Evangelion 2: Another Cases

For talking about everything else Evangelion: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Re: [GAME] Neon Genesis Evangelion 2: Another Cases

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:19 pm

Whoa, looks like y'all got awesome stuff going on here! I hopped onto the forums by chance (Just noticed my PMs).

The technical lists in the GitHub goes over my head (I have limited free time currently, too), but I wish you luck on this project :heart: From what I can gather, those lists are various data from the game? Scenario titles/summaries, in-game locations, character actions like "____ (name)" combined with "_____ (action)", etc. Might even be some CI-related info, if I read that right in the second Github link.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

deeRez
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby deeRez » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:21 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:From what I can gather, those lists are various data from the game? Scenario titles/summaries, in-game locations, character actions like "____ (name)" combined with "_____ (action)", etc.

Yes, the "interface-text" is mostly stored in the game code; The CI stuff I'm sure is in a separate file. If there's any of it on the repo, might be a duplicate?
The text in the game is scattered across 3 types of formats:
1 - Built into the game code (this is what's on the repo)
2 - Compressed using a yet unknown/possibly-proprietary compression algorithm (always a pain to reverse engineer), stored outside of the game-code
3 - Plain Shift-JIS (Which I think is what the CI stuff was stored in), stored outside of the game-code

Ultimately I'd also like to #2 as well and to also crack the storage format for the pictures.

In other news,I've added a script for generating cheat codes if one were to modify the *_translate.py files:

Code: Select all

$ ./generate_translate_cwcheat_codes.py
_S ULJS-00064
_G Shinseiki Evangelion 2: Tsukurareshi Sekai - Another Cases
_C1 Translate 1
_L 0x20254A00 0x00006F4E
_L 0x202549F8 0x00736559
_L 0x201B5540 0x20736559
_L 0x201B5544 0x00006F4E
In and of itself, self-evident.

deeRez
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby deeRez » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:34 am

So like a week ago or so I found the game's decompression routine, it's at: 0x08807068
Register a0 is the input buffer
a1 is output buffer
and a2 is the decompressed size

I've been trying to transcribe it since then to run it stand-alone.
The algorithm is weird as eff, and as such my transcription has bugs.

But for now here's a little taste of alfa.hpt decoded, which is stored in umd0:/PSP_GAME/USRDIR/game/title.har

Nothing big, just the alpha systems logo, but baby steps for now.
And course there's more work needed post-decompression to re-assemble the actual image since it's in a tiled format, but slow and steady.
In and of itself, self-evident.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”