[Game] Neon Genesis Evangelion 2: Another Cases

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:17 am

No, I doubt that you have to kill Rei II, I'm pretty much sure that I've played as Rei II for the whole time. I've copied my old save data to confirm that obtaining Kaworu isn't necessary as well (unlike Asuka's scenario), I'm really wondering what is the additional requirement.
BTW I've uploaded my save data here, in the case you're interested in it (it should be the correct one but I didn't test it until the battle against the Eva Series).

Asuka's scenario isn't easy at all (I've played it 4 times before getting the good ending), like I mentioned before I'm still not sure about the requirement to get Kaworu's appearance (which is surely a required event for the good ending) and personally I would suggest you to play first the scenarios that you could like.
I suggest you Shinji's 2nd scenario, by ending it you'll also unlock most other scenarios and it's also a quite hilarious one (but probably having the unbreakable heart would help since you must interact a lot, so you could save it as 5th scenario unless you're using a copied system data); Kaworu's one is also a nice and quite easy scenario, Kaworu starts with uber stats and his impulse reaches 300 few days after the beginning of the game but in the end it's up to your personal tastes.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:47 am

Since you just bought the game (PSP version, obviously?), I'm assuming you only have Shinji Scenario 01 Angel Attack available right now, but....

View Original Postgoodlyoak wrote:I just got the game and i was wondering how do you get money with Shinji because i want to buy the unbreakable heart.

Clear 4 Scenarios to make it an automatically available item in the store (Unbreakable Heart 40.000¥). With that Growing Money Ability (40.000¥), you have to Clear 10 Scenarios.

That said, at least once or twice in each Chapter, you should (as Shinji or Asuka) ask Misato for you allowance as well as ask other people for money when the option comes, up so you have enough money to buy the item(s). Funny enough, Asuka has more money at her disposal (and is able to cheer herself up easier overall) compared to Shinji...It's not easy being Baka-Shinji I guess.

This can help: http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/930008-neon-genesis-evangelion-tsukurareshi-sekai-another/faqs/45735

Also since for some stupid reason Rei is forbidden from going to the store is there a way for her to get the special items or is money for Rei completely useless. Thanks!

Unless somebody happens to buy a special item on their own, I don't believe so. You can when talking to other characters either: give them an item from your inventory, request an item from their inventory, or exchange items together.

Hope that helps. :) If you read this thread (it's long, I know) some of your other questions regarding battle tips/whatever else might have already been figured out by myself or somebody else.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:33 am

With Rei's scenario, I think you might have to do some computer hacking or otherwise pursue Classified Information in order to unlock the path to her good ending. I say this because the first time I reached the final episode, only the standard endings showed up. I went back to a previous saved state and started hacking computers (which I hadn't done before), and I started getting Rei scenario cut scenes I hadn't received before.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

goodlyoak
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby goodlyoak » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Okay thanks guys you guys are a lot more helpful than some people on other sites. I just started my Asuka playthrough, but I got killed by the 4th angel(I really don't know how the hell that happened) great way to end Asuka's story lol. Thanks Hyper Shinchan for the save file. I finally got to see what her good ending looks like although it seem kinda sad for a good ending did Rei die or something. From what i can tell by compering our files you seem to have Rei on good terms with everyone. I pretty much ignored everyone except Shinji that could be the reason.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:03 pm

I doubt that getting additional Classified Informations is required, I've compared my old save data made before the ending with a new game, I didn't get any additional C.I..
It could be related to having good relationship with everyone (like goodlyoak noticed), but I'm not sure about it.

Regarding the ending, I don't think that it's a bad ending (yet I don't speak Japanese so I'm not completely sure about it), it looks like Rei rejected Lilith and her plan (getting the Fruit of Life), Lilith disappeared but Rei kept living, she says something about her place, the people that are waiting for her and the people she wants to see, anyway I don't understand at all the last lines because they're "text only", I only understand that she says something about "that person".

EDIT: obviously I pretty much forgot the ending in the last months, anyway I've found a complete compilation of Rei's scenario here

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:52 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:With Rei's scenario, I think you might have to do some computer hacking or otherwise pursue Classified Information in order to unlock the path to her good ending.

I don't believe I ever did Hacking with Rei. Although I might have at least had Rei has Gendo or Fuyutsuki some things involving either Yui/Gendo's 3I plans/Second Angel. But what's strange is from what I recall, Rei apparently by default knows all of Gendo's plans. @_@ Again, specifics of what the hell I personally tried for each Scenario (Rei and Asuka's both gave me trouble at first, same with Kaworu's) are earlier in this thread, although I know it's a lot to browse through.

goodlyoak: Rei's good ending does involve her dying because she's returning to/internally destroying Lilith, yes. :( Her requirements are to be on good terms with somebody besides Gendo to get the best ending. (One of the things I wasn't sure for either Asuka or Rei if Kaworu has to show up/whether or not he's saved, but...)

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:45 pm

Ahem, I was quite shocked by my misunderstanding/convenient explanation of Rei's ending.
Anyway I have one question: does anyone have the "Evangelion 2 Another Cases Perfect Guide"?
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:30 pm

I personally don't, but I noticed on Ebay you can find PS2 Eva2 Guides. Probably PSP Eva2 guides as well if you search hard enough/keep patience. :)

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:25 am

No, actually I've already ordered it, I've found it quite cheap on Amazon.co.jp (23€ including shipping, I've found only one seller with the book on ebay and it was quite expensive, 53$ including shipping), I just wanted to know if anyone else owns it. Maybe there are some hints about the Type-F and other events that I didn't obtain, or at least I hope that it'll be the case.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:24 am

If there is a section about F-type equipment, please scan that section in. Perhaps myself or somebody else could help with translating that part. But do mention any hidden events that people somehow didn't unlock... I somehow get the feeling that I'm not receiving all the events I can, even though I've played through this game several times already. :sweatdrop:

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:08 pm

Sure thing, actually I'm hoping that you or someone else could help me out with the translation. If you're interested I could even scan the entire book, though it'd take some time, it's 191 pages according to the description.
BTW I've ended up making some mistake during the payment, the one that I've ordered required weird Japanese ATM payment, maybe I've simply chosen the wrong payment option (my own stupidity coupled with the African temperatures of these days...), I'm not sure about it.
Anyway I've ended up ordering it from another seller, it's slightly more expensive but this time everything looks good, I've just received the confirmation of the transaction, it should arrive around the end of the month.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:10 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Y'know, I saw those in a Nico vid, but I haven't seen them in-game yet. Maybe I just haven't played enough...

Isn't it related to the destruction level of Neo Tokyo 3? Or am I wrong?
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:39 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Isn't it related to the destruction level of Neo Tokyo 3? Or am I wrong?

Oh. The battles in the PSP version are so dumbed down from the PS2 version, it's no wonder I haven't managed to get Tokyo-3 destroyed yet.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:42 pm

^an excellent solution: use the N2 missile of the Mastema! Jokes apart (actually not really a joke, it could be a solution), I didn't know that the battles were harder in the PS2 version, I thought that they left unchanged that aspect.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:02 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:^an excellent solution: use the N2 missile of the Mastema! Jokes apart (actually not really a joke, it could be a solution)

Yeah, now that you mention it...

I didn't know that the battles were harder in the PS2 version, I thought that they left unchanged that aspect.

I don't have any way of quantitatively proving it, but this is my experience. I'm bored as hell in the PSP battles and I don't have to try at all (except for the MPE battle and the obnoxious twitch minigame), whereas I'm used to having my ass handed to me in the PS2 version (especially by Rami and Zer).
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:14 pm

^surely you're right about the PSP version, the battles are really easy, even MPEs are easy if you have that blade ("*something* exterminator blade", I keep forgetting the name), but since I've not played the PS2 version I wasn't aware of the different difficulty; anyway Ramiel isn't like in the PSP version? Usually you receive the sniper positron file and it's quite easy to defeat him in one single shot (if you have high enough AT, I've noticed that it takes two shots when it's low).
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:20 pm

Yes, Tokyo-3 having ruins relates to when it's destoryed and you're forced into Nerv for the reminder of the game.

And yes, I recall from when I'd play PS2-Eva2, the majority of the battles would be pure hell compared to the cakewalk versions that PSP Eva2 has. (Well, the Harpie battle is still tough, but having the Magoroku Exterminate Sword helps a lot.)

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:36 am

Well, after more than one month (like usual) the damned guide has arrived; I've started taking a look at it, so far this is the best hint about the Type F equipment that I've found (sorry for the shitty quality but my scanner is a cheap one and the book is bigger than I thought):
[url]http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/65/evangelions9495.jpg[/url]

==OLD POST==
Thank you for the confirmation, SSD; it's been some time since I destroyed Neo Tokyo 3 for the last time and I wasn't completely sure about it.
Regarding that weapon, does anyone know if "Magoroku" has any meaning?
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:48 am

Question time

The original NGE2 came out in 2003. Then in 2004 or later these sketches show up in Dengeki Hobby (no clue which ones, found the pic on the internets).

Anyone know the context of this?
As far as I know the original game only have Eva-01 sporting F-Type equipment.
Did Yamashita do the 00 and 02 designs as post-release publicity?
Or was it just for completeness sake?
Or was it a seperate project with Dengeki Hobby?
Did these 2 designs later make it into the PSP version?

All I really know is that they're signed 2004 and the 01 and 00 F-Types made it into ANIMA 4 years later.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:59 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Did these 2 designs later make it into the PSP version?

No, afaik Eva-02 and Eva-00 don't have F-Type equipments and I never found any hint suggesting otherwise on any website or the official guide.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”