The Children as adults

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

moonwolf2024
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby moonwolf2024 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:35 pm

I'd like to see Asuka become military instructor yelling "MOVE YOUR ASS". She's definitly got the attitude for it. :D

Regarding Shinji, most of my thoughts have already been stated in previous comments. Becoming a regular salary man enjoying a quiet uneventful life. Now, the only thing i disagree with his love life. Once he matures, i think his personality would level out. I could see him having a nice little romance with someone quiet like him.
Maybe if you shut up and stop over analyzing everything you just might get it........

Mr. Jive
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Jive » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:47 am

Kensuke: He's the only one whit a real bright future seeing how he is the only one not mess up toward the end. Even the manga had him pop up after 3IP. This guy can be anything he wants, action hero, build computers, the boss of his own company etc.... As for him being a BB at Nerv? I don't think so. Would nerv even be around? Who in the hell would work there after people were all killed for no reason? I don't know if he'll become a family man buy if he does it would be whit a female that is less troublesome. And he see all the females as being troublesome whit Asuka being the most troublesome of them all. Yet Ken don't seem like the type to hold a grudge so I can see him becoming friends whit angry red and see how far things go between the two.

Asuka: Fans think she gonna just get over her personal issue when she get older. That's wrong. Asuka will always be a angry famale whit psrosnal issue. So what if she learn to control herself better as adult,those issue won't go away. She has action girl written all over her but what kind of action girl? Soldier, bounty hunter, assassin etc... One thing for sure. She not gonna be some wife of psycho weeping on a beach. Of course every action girl needs a goofy sidekick to balance her off. Kensuke would be a perfect fit.

Rei:I think she would become a profersonal fictional writer. She spent more time when her head in books and could careless about anything tech related. I guess she would write about doom romance stories. Kind of like the story of her own life.

Shinji: Sorry, I see no bright future for this one. He turn his back on everyone important to him, run away from his problems and then goes psycho on the entire world! Don't sound like a guy whit a bright future to me. Someone say Shinji earn a happy ending? Just what did he do to earn it? That boy never earn anything in his life,everything was given to him on a siver plater. Now in this 3IP world he gonna have to work to get what he want. I find it funny people think he gonna be a action hero when the guy shows he don't have the stomach or desire to be such thing. I see Shinji becoming the one thing as a adult......a bumb. :lol:

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:51 am

View Original PostMr. Jive wrote:I see Shinji becoming the one thing as a adult......a bumb. :lol:

I you feel that someone kind, unassertive, concerned for others, is necessarily a bum...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:02 am

People like that tend to stay on level zero...

Actually Shinji as an adult? Just read Dilbert series. That would be Shinji's life at best. Just without Dilbert's actually usefull skills and even less respect. But that would be Shinji's adulthood in a nutshell.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:12 am

^

Yeah, yeah, keep on saying that Stillborn, maybe somebody will eventually listen to you.
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:13 am

Handwaving someone's opinion based on prejudice agains that person. Once again, very mature :rolleyes:
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:36 am

And your prejudice against Shinji...?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:41 am

Strictly speaking how old are we talking here. As the term "adult" can vary by age for some
people.

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:16 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:And your prejudice against Shinji...?

What makes you think I have prejudice? I only work with what Anno gave me and if you think about it, Dilbert is most likely future for Shinji. Hell, Alice from Dilbert may be future of Asuka.
Another jaded man.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:22 am

I was not aware that Dilbert was a former child soldier who became the scapegoat for the debacle that ended the world.

You keep saying you "only work with what Anno gave (you)", but your posts don't reflect that. If they did you'd be noting that Shinji was very popular with his classmates, and that he at least appeared to make some major breakthroughs regarding his issues in EoTV. The fact he had a really unpleasant time of it for a few weeks after he got back to reality doesn't change any of that. So it's less "work(ing) with what Anno gave (you)" than it is "making shit up and trying to pass it off as fact".
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:39 am

I said that Dilber was the best possible outcome. The child soldier trauma may fuck even that.

Shinji was popular because he was a pilot. Without that he is so averege he could be invisible.

So I'm not making shit up. Just because I'm outnumbered in my opinion here, doesn't make it invalid.

Dilbert is very realistic person. He has more flaws then he has valors, and what valors he have, come bite him back in the ass. He already come to conclusion that being fair and honest work doesn't pay off, and that no matter what he will do, somehow will turn out meaningless. And actually... He is right. When actually by some sheer luck he gained power, he fucked it up, proving he can't ever be anything more than he already is.

That's pretty much what Shinji is. His flaws make him fuck up, his good will make him fuck up, when he goes all GAR like many people wanted him to... He fucks up.

Yes I'm very much working with what Anno gave me, so stop growling on me when I have different opinion than most.
Another jaded man.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:52 am

View Original PostStillborn wrote:I said that Dilber was the best possible outcome. The child soldier trauma may fuck even that.

Shinji was popular because he was a pilot. Without that he is so averege he could be invisible.

So I'm not making shit up. Just because I'm outnumbered in my opinion here, doesn't make it invalid.

It does when you don't offer anything of note to substantiate it and the opposition offers plenty to refute it. We have an awful lot of evidence indicating that Shinji's popularity was helped by his piloting, but was not dependent on it.

Yes I'm very much working with what Anno gave me, so stop growling on me when I have different opinion than most.

No, you're not, and for one simple reason: most of the time Shinji didn't fuck up. He has exactly one fuckup that can be lain at his feet in the whole damn story, and that concerns one person and one person only. With everything else he either did a pretty darn good job or was used as a scapegoat by a bunch of grumpy old men and a space god who no longer gave a fuck. That's what Anno gave us.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:07 am

Pause for a moment. Which continuity we talk about now?
Another jaded man.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:08 am

View Original PostStillborn wrote:Pause for a moment. Which continuity we talk about now?

Does it matter with Shinji to you?
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:15 am

Actually yes. But I think I give up now. That post of yours just proved that no matter what I say, does not matter to you. You will just go with Stillborn=irrevelant, so fine, you won.
Another jaded man.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:18 am

View Original PostStillborn wrote:Pause for a moment. Which continuity we talk about now?

If you're not in the Rebuild forum you're talking about the original continuity unless specified otherwise.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:43 pm

View Original PostMr. Jive wrote:I see Shinji becoming the one thing as a adult......a bumb. :lol:
That would be in the world where Gendo becomes world president, Asuka becomes a schoolteacher and Rei disappears in a cloud of sparkles.
Shinji wrote:Who the hell do you...
No, it doesn't matter any more.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:53 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:If you're not in the Rebuild forum you're talking about the original continuity unless specified otherwise.

Yes, but WHICH original? :devil:
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:57 pm

^^

Then we are on the way...
Another jaded man.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:32 pm

^
The image could had put "hunt them down even in their toilets" that would had been more accurate (and badass!)
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”