[NO SPOILERS] Alternative 3.0 Story! Post your own!

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

MrGodzilla
Embryo

[NO SPOILERS] Alternative 3.0 Story! Post your own!

•      
  •      

Postby MrGodzilla » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:43 pm

So I watched Evangelion 3.0 Rebuild ... and I thought it was a bit messy. I'm not going to go into detail about the actual movie; rather I will post an original storyline I would have liked to see. Of course I know about as much about writing a script for a movie as I do about quantum mechanics, but hell if anyone finds this interesting or have different ideas about how the story "should have been" please share! I’m not going to post the whole thing since it's so long, but if requested I can do that. Please excuse my bad english since it´s not my native language.

Events after Near Third Impact.

Tokyo 3 is ruined and Eva 01 disabled by Eva 06. When Eva 06 came down and stopped the third impact, there was no military force ready to stop it from doing as it wished. It immediately began to travel down to Lilith in the central dogma. Misato found out through a quick scan that Kawaru inside the Eva is an angel, and prepared the facility for self-destruction. Kawaru notice this and figures that he should retreat. He wants to retrieve the spear impaling Lilith as Seele ordered him to do, but he cannot descend without starting the self-destruct mechanism. He returns up again quickly makes Eva 01 levitate and takes it (and of course the spear impaling it) to Seele. Seele needs Eva 01 to start the third impact, but Kawaru helps them because he wants to Shinji to decide whether it will happen or not (Shinji didn’t start third impact on purpose in 2.0). Soon after Ikari and Kaji flees from the destroyed geofront to help Seele initiate The Human Instrumentality Project. They bring with them "the Nebuchadnezzar key".

Katsuragi and the rest of Nerv recovers from the events and they quickly figure out that Ikari and Seele want to start the third impact again and that Eva 06 helps them – and as a reaction to this, Misato start to form a resistance movement to stop third impact from ever happening. Asuka (who survived the incident with Eva 03) and the almost destroyed Eva 02 and Eva pilot Mari is also on their side.

Two years pass. The film begins.

Shinji wakes up from a coma after being extracted from Eva 01 of Seele. He is in a bland room with a bed and a table with a tray of food on. The door is locked. He does not know where he is or why he has aged two years. When he wakes up, only Kawaru is there. Shinji asks about Rei and Eva 01 and Nerv and where all the others are, but Kawaru reveals almost nothing (on Seele´s request), just that Shinji was in a coma but that he is safe and that Eva 01 is here. He excuses himself and leaves Shinji, who isn´t allowed to talk to anyone for some time. He starts to think about what really happened when he piloted Eva 01. He tries to figure out what happened after he rescued Rei and where she is. He believes that she is somewhere near, since both Eva 01 and he is here. He also wonders what happened to Misato and his father, but because he doesn´t have anyone to ask, he cannot verify his theories.

Meanwhile in Nerv´s new base of operations, where Misato now is the leader, the process of trying to find Shinji and Eva 01 continues. After two years, they had just enough time to repair Eva 02 (with mechanical additions, just as in the 6 minute preview) and also built a new Eva for Mari (Eva 08). With the help of their two Evas, Nerv has created a defensible base from where they can search for Shinji, store their Evas, and protect themselves against angels. When the scene switches over from Shinji, you get to see how they work hard in the base to maintain everything in working condition and how they search for Seele’s secret base where they think Shinji held captive. They need to find him to make sure he can´t start third impact again, and they want to destroy Eva 01 since it has become too dangerous. Dialogues between Misato and the others at Nerv give some more insight on their current situation while the search is ongoing in the background. They are very surprised when their computers start to blink - they have found Seele’s hidden base at last. They send out several stealth planes to try to get as much intelligence as they can, but can´t find much. The base is located in a volcano, but it seems to have no defense. However, they know that Eva 06 is on their side and probably around the area so they are afraid to do anything rash. Their fears come true when one of the stealth planes flies a little too close and is smashed against a very powerful AT field, manifesting out of nowhere, and explode. For a second you can see that the field covers the entire volcano. Shortly thereafter Eva 06 levitates, with the halo glowing, up from the volcano's peak and begins to move straight towards Nerv’s new headquarters. They doubt that it comes in peace as they put out Eva 02 and 08 in the path of Mark 06. All three Evas meet somewhere in the wasteland between the two bases.

Kawaru lands in front of Asuka and Mari, and they both study each other for a moment. They have a short dialogue with Kawaru and say they will release Shinji from Seele´s grasp. Kawaru tells them that by doing so they aren´t saving him, they are preventing him from being happy. Obviously Asuka and Mari doesn´t understand what he means and simply pulls a one liner or something along those lines. Kawaru mention that they made his task easier by placing Eva 02 and 08 within reach. He wants to destroy their ability to save Shinji, and stop him from being free to choose whether to start the third impact again or not, but he would rather do it without hurting others unnecessarily. He then engages them in battle.

Asuka and Mari puts up a good fight but Eva 06 is too powerful. It exhibit angel-like forces, such as energy projection and the power to expand its AT field to stunning sizes (but not create multiple overlapping fields like Zeruel does in 2.0) and, after a while, succeeds in annihilating Eva 08 with an energy blast (Mari barley escapes by force ejecting the plug). Asuka realizes that she doesn´t have a chance if she wears the restraints, so she activates beast mode. With it, she manages to break through Eva 06 AT field long enough to damage its armor and locking it down on the ground. When she is just about to deliver a lethal blow to the Eva throws her off with a shockwave and flies back to the volcano and Seele. Having managed to damage Eva 06, they have gained time to create a plan to rescue Shinji, but they have lost Eva 08.

[/spoiler]
Eva 01: RAAARGH (Ill jump on your FACE!)
Sachiel: screee (dude i just impaled you through the head, how are you still moving..!)
Eva 01: RRAAAGHG!! (FUCK YOU THATS HOW!)
Sachiel: screeee (damn AT field DEPLOY!!)
Eva 01: RRAAHG! (FUCK your field ill break your arms)
Sachiel: screEE! (fuck it ill just blow up.)

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:12 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:15 am

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:59 am

Something along this outline, given where we started from at the end of Ha

-- Rei and Shinji spend most of the time as introspective wincest soup, while Ritz frets over how to recover them.
-- Asuka and Kaworu engage in a touching and tragic romance, which ends up messily when his dark secret is revealed
-- Kaji, Mari, Gendo, SEELE etc conspire enigmatically about creating gods, or not.
-- a couple of other angels show up for their contractually obligated action scenes
-- emotional reunion scene at the end after the introspection wraps up, followed by cliffhanger preview of doom.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

MrGodzilla
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MrGodzilla » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:45 am

@Legendary

Very nice! Too bad the real script isnt like that!
Eva 01: RAAARGH (Ill jump on your FACE!)
Sachiel: screee (dude i just impaled you through the head, how are you still moving..!)
Eva 01: RRAAAGHG!! (FUCK YOU THATS HOW!)
Sachiel: screeee (damn AT field DEPLOY!!)
Eva 01: RRAAHG! (FUCK your field ill break your arms)
Sachiel: screEE! (fuck it ill just blow up.)

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:04 pm

That was awesome, although my stomach churned after what happened to Asuka. It could have done with a bit more Shinji, though.

My 3.0 script would have been Asuka-centric, and it would feature her coming to terms with her past. It would also centre around a question: if god(s) existed, would they be tyrants?

Tribblepoo
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Tribblepoo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:08 am

I'm not sure how I would have it lead up to this point, but I would definitely have Shinji and Kaworu re-enacting the final fight scene from Star Trek 3, with Kaworu in the role of Kirk.
"Having sex with extreme gas must be how the Scots came up with the idea for bagpipes."

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:06 pm

It's a good thing Kensuke is an otaku rather than a Trekkie, otherwise he would rue missing that out. :lol:

Tribblepoo
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Tribblepoo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:07 pm

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:It's a good thing Kensuke is an otaku rather than a Trekkie, otherwise he would rue missing that out. :lol:

He wouldn't rue anything. I'd have him playing David.
"Having sex with extreme gas must be how the Scots came up with the idea for bagpipes."

Kaworu06
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Kaworu06 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:04 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Something along this outline, given where we started from at the end of Ha

-- Rei and Shinji spend most of the time as introspective wincest soup, while Ritz frets over how to recover them.
-- Asuka and Kaworu engage in a touching and tragic romance, which ends up messily when his dark secret is revealed
-- Kaji, Mari, Gendo, SEELE etc conspire enigmatically about creating gods, or not.
-- a couple of other angels show up for their contractually obligated action scenes
-- emotional reunion scene at the end after the introspection wraps up, followed by cliffhanger preview of doom.

Mr. Tines, That is the best Eva idea. Ever.
I also go by:
Sylvi Jenni Annukka Lea Pentti.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:08 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Something along this outline, given where we started from at the end of Ha;

We all thought we saw something like this coming - Then we got what we were given, hehe.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:09 pm

Gendo turns heroic and puts together a Dirty Dozen style band of misfits to rescue the Nerv personnel and Shinji, who saves them all by reconstituting himself with Rei and riding Unit One into battle. Then they snuggle in the plug. Take that Yui, you rancid bitch.

I like prison break stories.

Maru
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Maru » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:00 pm

Legendary, is there any chance you could be persuaded to continue this one and give us your own version of Final? I thought your version of 3.0 was great, and would like to see how it ends.

Return to “Fanfiction”