The most disturbing moment in Evangelion

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

ShoKenju
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ShoKenju » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:08 pm

even after reading you peoples posts, i dont find anything in Eva to be disturbing. so i guess in an odd way, thats what disturbs me

im disturbed that i dont find anything in Eva to be disturbing
a man within the trap of one sided love is a man torn beyond his imagination.
-----------
Reason = Virtue = Happiness

alan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby alan » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:41 am

Episode 24- There's a lot of things in that episode that made me wanna puke. Like all that blushing on Shinji's face when he was around Kaworu just made me sick.. especially when they were in the shower and he told him he loves him :shock: .. oh and the instramentality thing in the following episode..
"All what we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream." -Edgar Allen Poe

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:28 am

alan wrote:Episode 24- There's a lot of things in that episode that made me wanna puke. Like all that blushing on Shinji's face when he was around Kaworu just made me sick.. especially when they were in the shower and he told him he loves him :shock: .. oh and the instramentality thing in the following episode..

That was disturbing because I though Shinji was a hetrosexual :?
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:59 am

Yeah me too.But in the EoE i changed my mind. :shock:

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:00 pm

Until the giant naked Karwou showed up that is....

I think the most disturbing part of eva is not even in the series.... imagine what Shinji thought after learning about his mom and Rei...

Shinji Oh...god no.... I groped my mom!
Well that and Touji's death in the Manga...
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby max3000 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:51 pm

Umm.. Hey, EVA-01X, have you ever heard of the term SPOILER???
Last edited by max3000 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShoKenju
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ShoKenju » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:29 pm

i think it should be noted that this forum doesnt care about spoilers ^_^
a man within the trap of one sided love is a man torn beyond his imagination.
-----------
Reason = Virtue = Happiness

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:48 pm

max3000 wrote:Umm.. Hey, EVA-01X, have you ever heard of the term SPOILER???
*sigh* You'd think that you'd expect spoilers for a thread like this
^Clicky for Evamade!

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby max3000 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:55 pm

Duh. But you should write **!!WARNING SPOILER!!** before you post a spoiler. Like every sain person would.
Last edited by max3000 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:01 pm

Yeah.... darn it trival being had it right with the super spoiler thing that they have I guess...
^Clicky for Evamade!

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Phaze » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:56 pm

I always clicked, but I never got the powerup... :(
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

Man Chong
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Man Chong » Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:13 pm

Some of things I find disturbing...

EVA-01 ripping apart Bardiel...Ewww...The BLOOD THE BLOOD THE BLOOD!

And its eating of Zeruel. lucky they didn't get TOO graphical...

Also, I was pretty sick at Shinji's.......you know what at Asuka's bedside...>.>

And when the UN troops were massacring the NERV personnel. It was really really really...moving. I mean, one girl was crying and dragging a dead friend of hers, and a UN soldier spots her and shoots her too. Then there are UN soldiers flamethrowing a room, and screams.....

When the Mass-produced EVAs ate Asuka...it was really really really.....horrifying....EW EW EW! I hate intestines...>.<

---

And when I first saw EVA, it was when I was 7...

Sachiel freaked me out...really...The way he just...er, stopped that missile I guess. I ran to mommy...>.>
max3000 wrote:i love you, ManChong, for rebeling the Monkey

ChronoX wrote:All Hail Man Chong for rebelling the not so great Eva monkey

w00t!

child-of-lillith
Embryo

Re: The most disturbing moment in Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby child-of-lillith » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:36 pm

Abaddon wrote:I have allows been interested in learn what disturbs people, mentally of course. So I was wondering, what images in Eva disturb you?

For me, the first time I saw lilith was shocking and very disturbing.
And I also found the scene when the MP evas ate eva 02 to be disquieting.

for me, the two frames of asukas rotting body int eh entry plug when she finally starts kicking ass in EoE is a bit ick.. the boken gendo glasses also was quiet worrying to the mind int eh movie... and any point when unit 01 ended up showing off human like body parts (i.e. ep. 2 when its eye is seen, and ep. 20 when it uses zuriels arm to make its own.. also some good shots of teeth and eyes... very disturbing), but then, that whole Zuriel scene was quite sickening in some way
Behold the crucifix; what does it symbolize? Pallid incompetence hanging on a tree

Treeves056
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Treeves056 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:01 pm

Well here are mine

1.The hospitle scene

2.Seeing Shinji and Karowu naked in a bath tub (Or at least I think they were)Espacily when Karowu grabed Shinji's hand

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:11 pm

I think the only time I was genuinely disturbed or creeped out by Eva was when I found out about the heads of the Rei clones turning into Shinji's head. That was at 2 or 3 in the morning after the first day of this past Otakon. My brain just could not process it at that point.

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:42 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:I think the only time I was genuinely disturbed or creeped out by Eva was when I found out about the heads of the Rei clones turning into Shinji's head. That was at 2 or 3 in the morning after the first day of this past Otakon. My brain just could not process it at that point.

I totally agree , Anno has a warped mind
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby bp32 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:49 am

Timesplitter 01 wrote:
alan wrote:Episode 24- There's a lot of things in that episode that made me wanna puke. Like all that blushing on Shinji's face when he was around Kaworu just made me sick.. especially when they were in the shower and he told him he loves him :shock: .. oh and the instramentality thing in the following episode..

Shinji is not gay (not that there is anything wrong with that :) ). The reason he appears to show interest and affection towards Kaworu is that throughout the series he is striving to find someone who truly cares about him, shows him affection, likes him and pays attention to him not for what he can do for them (Gendo) or because he is part of their job (Misato), but because they truly cares and loves him. Kaworu could have been a hamster, it would not make him keen on beastiality.

As for the most disturbing part for me, I guess it would be when Unit 01 devours the angel. It just brought home to me how vicious and destructive the Evas could be and the fact that they are basically human--sentient beings of flesh and blood bound by those restraints. The idea that Eva is a 'person', while fascinating, at the time was unsettling--but cool as hell 8)
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:12 pm

The fact that Gendo was so evil tward Nerv and espicially his son Shinji
that was disturbing to see how he treated his own kid
Losing Yui must have hit him really hard to do that to his kid and the rest of nerv

and also when Shinji and unit 1 came from leliel was also very disturbing all that blood now reminds me of Kill Bill 1
though i have yet to get my perfect edition of EVA in the mail and finally finish the series after 3 years of watching them at my dads house once in a while, thouse are what i think are the disturbing moments
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby max3000 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:17 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:I think the only time I was genuinely disturbed or creeped out by Eva was when I found out about the heads of the Rei clones turning into Shinji's head. That was at 2 or 3 in the morning after the first day of this past Otakon. My brain just could not process it at that point.

And you have me to that for that :P
Last edited by max3000 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby bp32 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:26 pm

max3000 wrote:

And you have me to that for that :P

Yes, you have made it all hard for us to look at Shinji the same way again :)
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”