The most disturbing moment in Evangelion

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:14 pm

when the MP evas sprouted Rei heads
when Rei/lilith fell apart
Shinji in the hospital ith Asuka
the dead Asuka thing with worms
eva 02 getting gutted

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:50 pm

The whole slughtering of the NERV personel was very disturbing. And also when Rei turned into uber Rei-Lilith and started messing around with Shinji, Eva-01 and all the souls........yea that basically freaked me out.

Genocide
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Genocide » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:56 pm

When I saw the room full of Rei Clones I was quite disturbed.
"I wish everyone would just die."

Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Langley » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:09 pm

sadsadshinji wrote:when the MP evas sprouted Rei heads
when Rei/lilith fell apart
Shinji in the hospital ith Asuka
the dead Asuka thing with worms
eva 02 getting gutted

Ugh, thanks for reminding me.
That weird... moany-squeek noise they made when they stabbed themselves with those lances was just sick.
We'll see whachu' got.

http://xrl.us/ccnh

Somnius Kenate
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Somnius Kenate » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:29 pm

I thought it was also quite saddening when Ritsuko just completely broke down in episode 23. That was a powerful episode.

Abaddon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Abaddon » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:08 pm

I know this will sound like spasm, but. Have you ever wondered why these things disturb you so? Is it something subliminal or do these actions, images, and events just not acquiesce with our everyday lives or our narrow perceptives.

Why do some images upset you and have no effect on others. I know why the first image of lilith was so troubling. It was do to all the archaic symbols the scene involved. The symbols of mystery, sacrifice, torture, sorrow, purity all represented in one image. :?

And the scene when Asuka and Unit 2 were torn apart. It was so inhuman, and so human at the same time. Beasts who bore the appearance of angels, demons, and humans. Butchering her, raping her, devouring her. She was nothing more then a piece of meat to those beasts.

So why do u find the images that disturb you ... :? disturbing?
Farwell happy fields, where joy forever dwells. Hail, Herrors, Hail abominations, and thy most profoundest hell, welcome your new ruler. One who's made is not changed by place or time. For the mind is it's own place, and can make a hell of heaven a heaven of hell. What matter where if I am eternally the same. Thus, for me, it is better to rule in hell then serve in heaven.

Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Langley » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:40 pm

I think there's something just generally and morally wrong with seeing/hearing a 14 year old boy masturbating over the body of a catatonic 14 year old girl.

Sexually perverse sorts of acts can make a lot of people uncomfortable.

Other than that, everyone has their own personal views about what disturbs them.
Some find Asuka's maggot ridden corpse disturbing, while I, myself, am not really bothered by it.
We'll see whachu' got.

Grip_Tight_Thin
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Grip_Tight_Thin » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:21 pm

1. Asuka and Shinji scene in hospital, made me very angry and wanted to break his neck
2. Asuka getting ripped apart :cry:

Esion
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Esion » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:00 am

Abaddon : Is it strange that I didn't find that all too disturbing?
Yea and God said to Abraham, "You will kill your son Issac." And Abraham said, "I can't hear you, you'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said, "Oh I'm sorry, Is this better? Check, check, check... Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here."

RubberSoul
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby RubberSoul » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:39 am

I also kind of thought the ending of the movie was kind of psychologically disturbing.

I found the scene with the Eva series and Unit 02/Asuka disturbing because I really thought she was going to save the day. It distressed me to see her easily taken advantage by the Eva series... that and the fact that cannibalism disturbs me to no end.
I can only take so much retarded.

Slade
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Slade » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:25 am

For some reason the one scene that gave me the creeps was at the end of eva when Shinji turns his head and sees Rei floating above the LCL. And then it cuts back to him just staring not even blinking, and then it goes back to where Rei was, only shes dissapeared. That made me go cold for some reason. It looks like she has no eyes. The rest of the movie didnt disturb me all that much.
"All I have ever asked of this world is that when my time comes, let it be for something, not of something."

- Slade

Esion
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Esion » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:32 am

Slade wrote:For some reason the one scene that gave me the creeps was at the end of eva when Shinji turns his head and sees Rei floating above the LCL. And then it cuts back to him just staring not even blinking, and then it goes back to where Rei was, only shes dissapeared. That made me go cold for some reason. It looks like she has no eyes. The rest of the movie didnt disturb me all that much.

On that same note you'll notice that she appears for a split second in the first episode as well. Shinji does a double take but she's gone when he looks again.
Yea and God said to Abraham, "You will kill your son Issac." And Abraham said, "I can't hear you, you'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said, "Oh I'm sorry, Is this better? Check, check, check... Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here."

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:38 am

it disturbed me a lot when i saw lilith for the first time.it was awful.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:48 am

Misato crying over the phone message form Kaji and Shinji just hid in his room.

This could have been a big moment for both character in terms of growth, but it didn't turn out that way. :(
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Abaddon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Abaddon » Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:57 am

Esion wrote:Abaddon : Is it strange that I didn't find that all too disturbing?

No...not really...hm. You see, the reason I created this topic was because I was interested in learning what other eva fans found unsettling and why.
We are all different, and we all have had different experiences, and different ways of discerning the world around us.

Some people allow such images to really get to them. While others detach themselves from the images (experiences, etc) they are witnessing. I guess I am somewhere in the middle. And ,of course, some people are more distressed about certain images, and less disturbed by others.
Farwell happy fields, where joy forever dwells. Hail, Herrors, Hail abominations, and thy most profoundest hell, welcome your new ruler. One who's made is not changed by place or time. For the mind is it's own place, and can make a hell of heaven a heaven of hell. What matter where if I am eternally the same. Thus, for me, it is better to rule in hell then serve in heaven.

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:11 am

Okay, just read Manga Volume 8, when Shinji is inside Unit-01 The thing that looks like Rei just kinda melts and turns into Unit-01 without it's armor. That freaked me out to no end *shudders*
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby max3000 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:10 pm

Not quite on topic but this is quite disturbing...

..It's an Asuka bedsheat
Last edited by max3000 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Langley » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:14 pm

DatDude wrote:Misato crying over the phone message form Kaji and Shinji just hid in his room.

This could have been a big moment for both character in terms of growth, but it didn't turn out that way. :(

Aww hell, I remember that scene. :(
That was kind of depressing rather than disturbing.
We'll see whachu' got.

Esion
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Esion » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:45 pm

max3000 wrote:Not quite on topic but this is quite disturbing...

..It's an Asuka bedsheat

Oh I want that!

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby max3000 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:46 am

Esion wrote:
max3000 wrote:Not quite on topic but this is quite disturbing...

..It's an Asuka bedsheat

Oh I want that!

Cuz you like having wet dreams :P
Last edited by max3000 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”