Japanese name for End of Evangelion

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

Baz
Leliel
Leliel

Japanese name for End of Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Baz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:43 pm

View Original PostClover wrote:It's a mystery to me, Reichu. I mean look at this page for the DVD. The movie is called "Air / まごころを君に" in Japan. We need to reflect these undeniable facts in the wiki, otherwise people wont understand the true nature of this Nihongon franchise.
[url]http://tinyurl.com/cd772vr[/url]

I thought that I should pick up on this because it was dismissed by some of the editors when it is, in fact, a valid comment (though I have no idea what "Nihongon" is...).

Our wiki page for End of Evangelion reads as if "新世紀エヴァンゲリオン劇場版 THE END OF EVANGELION" is the primary Japanese title. However, as Username points out, in Japan the DVD uses the name "Air/まごころを、君に", and the Japanese wikipedia page for EOE is named "新世紀エヴァンゲリオン劇場版 Air/まごころを、君に". So even if "The End of Evangelion" is a co-equal title for the film, and even if it is given in the film itself and on the movie poster, it seems that most official material in Japan prefers "Air / magokoro o, kimi ni". It would be nice if the wiki page could make this clear.

Edit: The wayback machine, going back to Japan in 1997, gives the official film title as the following monstrosity:

THE END OF EVANGELION 新世紀エヴァンゲリオン劇場版 Air/まごころを、君に
Software Error. Press left mouse button to continue.
Guru Meditation #00000004.0000AAC0

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:24 am

Jesus, the list of potential titles for this film is staggering, I suggest a combination of all of them:

Neon Genesis New Century Evangelion Theatrical Version: The End of Evangelion: Air (Love is Destructive)/My Pure Heart For You/Sincerely Yours (ONE MORE FINAL)

Looks like a damn math equation.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Bread
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Bread » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:21 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:Neon Genesis New Century Evangelion Theatrical Version: The End of Evangelion: Air (Love is Destructive)/My Pure Heart For You/Sincerely Yours (ONE MORE FINAL)

You forgot the "I NEED YOU" :P

Tribblepoo
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Tribblepoo » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:38 am

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:Jesus, the list of potential titles for this film is staggering, I suggest a combination of all of them:

Neon Genesis New Century Evangelion Theatrical Version: The End of Evangelion: Air (Love is Destructive)/My Pure Heart For You/Sincerely Yours (ONE MORE FINAL)

Looks like a damn math equation.

I think the answer is (xy^2) + 18.
"Having sex with extreme gas must be how the Scots came up with the idea for bagpipes."

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:57 pm

View Original PostTribblepoo wrote:I think the answer is (xy^2) + 18.

Epic win
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”