AAA Wunder

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Chaos Pudding
Embryo

[SPOILERS] AAA Wunder

•      
  •      

Postby Chaos Pudding » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:49 pm

AAA Wunder and Artificial Angels(I didn't want to include all of this in the title because it would be kind of a spoiler title, so that would defeat the purpose of having SPOILERS the title in the first place. But isn't everything in this forum assumed to be spoilers? Why even bother putting SPOILERS in the title at all?)

So in the new TV spot, the wings of the Wunder seem to explode blood. Looking at the Wunder, it does appear to be slightly Angelic in nature. So at this point I'm just going to outright assume that it's some sort of artificial Angel.

What gets me about the term "artificial Angel" is that there have always been artificial Angels of sorts: The Evangelions. Granted, they've never been identified as Pattern Blue, but they were outright stated to be attempts by man to make their own Angels. Perhaps the reason behind the 14 year time skip is that it gave humans a feasible time to actually perfect their artificial Angel making skills to the point where an Eva isn't really needed, at least in terms of a conventional weapon or defensive mechanism?
Last edited by Chaos Pudding on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

os189
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby os189 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:16 am

It certainly seems to be organic in nature. The "skeletal" rings on the underside as well as the wings imply a bio-organic "magic" nature like Evas and Angels.

The command bridge also really seems like a giant multi-user entry plug, but despite it sealing off, there was no evidence of LCL.

I also think the nose of the craft strongly resembles the creepy faces of the MP Evas in EoE.

Chaos Pudding
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Chaos Pudding » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:21 am

View Original Postos189 wrote:It certainly seems to be organic in nature. The "skeletal" rings on the underside as well as the wings imply a bio-organic "magic" nature like Evas and Angels.

The command bridge also really seems like a giant multi-user entry plug, but despite it sealing off, there was no evidence of LCL.

I also think the nose of the craft strongly resembles the creepy faces of the MP Evas in EoE.

Perhaps with the increased sophistication of their artificial Angels came the elimination of LCL as a sort of medium for which to allow synchronization?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: [SPOILERS] AAA Wunder

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:35 am

View Original PostChaos Pudding wrote:This brings me to the so-called "Curse of Eva,"

Should probably move this part of your post to this thread so we don't have Double Topic Syndrome:

http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/13468/SPOILERS-Asuka-Mari-and-LCL-exposure/
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Chaos Pudding
Embryo

Re: [SPOILERS] AAA Wunder

•      
  •      

Postby Chaos Pudding » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:53 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Should probably move this part of your post to this thread so we don't have Double Topic Syndrome:

http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/13468/SPOILERS-Asuka-Mari-and-LCL-exposure/

Just did. I actually looked at that topic and it didn't really look like it was discussing the Curse of Eva very widely so I didn't think what I had to say fit in, but it looks like it's since been edited?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:40 am

Thread titles are exposed in links, so let's be cautious.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:19 am

Perhaps instead of being based on a purely "artificial Angel" as the Code 04s and Nemesis Series are implied (?) to be, AAA Wunder is actually made from the MIA 11th Angel. At least hypothetically, it would be easier for a ragtag group of freedom fighters to convert an Angel they find in an incapacitated state (a la Tunniel) than to generate such a behemoth organic monstrosity from scratch.

Then again, if it was a real Angel to start with, they wouldn't need Eva-01 to provide power, would they? Never mind.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:31 am

It's possible that the Angel that they found had its S2 engine removed for use elsewhere. Either that, or they didn't want a repeat of the Tunniel incident. With Eva-01 as the power source, you get -
1. External power - not under Angelic control by any means and easily disconnected
2. Vastly greater power. After all, Eva-01 zapped Zer with ease and let loose 3I. With that kind of power, what Angel would stand in Wunder's path?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Charsi
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Charsi » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:03 am

In the original Evangelion series there's a sense that Evangelions are grown, take their own shape, and their armor is more along the lines of restraint to keep them from getting out of hand.

Right from the start of 2.0 we see a clearer picture that in the Rebuild world, Evangelions are still restrained - but also have growth and shape forced upon them, sometimes harshly. Just take Provisional Unit 05.

So in the Rebuild world, I don't see a ship that is a bastardized (or artificial) Angel/Eva being anywhere near as big a stretch as it might once have been. The Rebuild world is clearly more willing to flat out "defile" Adam/Lillith and make all kinds of monstrosities. It's merely a question of resources. WILLE seems to be just fine scavenging and cobbling together Evas out of whatever, and Eva's don't seem to object when they have wheels instead of legs, etc. Or in the case of unit 02 dash, mechanical versions of missing arms/skull fragments.

Merkaba
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Merkaba » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:03 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Perhaps instead of being based on a purely "artificial Angel" as the Code 04s and Nemesis Series are implied (?) to be, AAA Wunder is actually made from the MIA 11th Angel.

I had a similar thought after reading that there was no sign of the 11th Angel, but didn't post it for fear that the spoilers I read regarding the Angles (11 being MIA) was wrong. But yeah, if 11 really wasn't mentioned, I definitely see it as a viable candidate for the base of Wunder.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:36 pm

Charsi: When Wille can't even properly repair Eva-02 -- and fully organic Evas do seem to be optimal for proper sync, etc. -- 14 years after the fact, I'm skeptical about their ability to magic up a biological base for a gigantic warship out of absolutely nowhere. (4.0's threats of recovering the battle-ravaged Evas 02 and 08 by combining them seems to further hint at Wille lacking Nerv's biogenerative capacities.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Charsi
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Charsi » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:19 pm

I don't disagree. I haven't seen the movie and even if I had, i'm probably in no position to make judgement calls about how much of the ship is biological vs mechanical. I'm skeptical too. But we'll see when we can sit down and watch it through multiple times and get a grasp on all the minutae ourselves, I guess.

As a side note, this forum has provided at least two very important clarifications that have significantly softened my view on the movie (from initial spoilers to now).

iZeRo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby iZeRo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:31 am

AAA= Artificial Angel Airship maybe?

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:18 am

makes as much sense as anything else.

I'm also thinking it might unofficially be eva 7, as well as this version's Jet Alone (notice the control rods sticking out of the top).
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:53 am

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:14 pm

I was heavily reminded of Tunniel when I saw the skeletal rings attached to the head-like pointy prow part of the ship. There's also an Eva-like head attached to the ship, which makes it seem like it might be an Eva Unit. If you look at it from afar, it does look kind of like an Eva with a dragon body, although it doesn't seem to deploy an AT Field; it seems to use an anti-A.T. Field (or it just has a very powerful A.T. Field).

SPOILER: Show
If you look closely at the area on the prow circled by a red ring, you can see an Eva head.l There's also a core-like purple thing, although I can't tell what that is

Humanity seems to have gone beyond the Evas with the mechanical Angels, but they still seem to be developing new Evas, as shown with Eva-13, suggesting that they're still dependent on them to some degree despite developing the artificial Angels and the Wunder.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

jeppjepp
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby jeppjepp » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:42 pm

What artificial angels other than possibly Wunder are you referring to?

An explanation for Wunder not having a core by itself could be that ,as has been mentioned, it is built from Tunniel. And Mari destroyed it's core.

First post btw, hi everyone!
plingplng

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:54 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:57 pm

View Original Postjeppjepp wrote:What artificial angels other than possibly Wunder are you referring to?

There are three mechanical beings encountered in 3.0 which demonstrate Angel-like characteristics

Namely, the Mark 04A and 04B encountered in space and the Nemesis Units destroyed by Wunder. The y demonstrate Angel-like characteristics such as cores and A.T. Field-breaching abilities, but are not officially part of the Angel pantheon and seem to have artificial components.

The Wunder isn't Tunniel, but it is reminiscent of it, implying an Angel/Eva connection. The purple core-thing is also intriguing.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Eliaskar
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Eliaskar » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:14 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:There are three mechanical beings encountered in 3.0 which demonstrate Angel-like characteristics

Namely, the Mark 04A and 04B encountered in space and the Nemesis Units destroyed by Wunder. The y demonstrate Angel-like characteristics such as cores and A.T. Field-breaching abilities, but are not officially part of the Angel pantheon and seem to have artificial components.

The Wunder isn't Tunniel, but it is reminiscent of it, implying an Angel/Eva connection. The purple core-thing is also intriguing.

Wait, what are the Nemesis Unit's? This is the first i've heard of them.

I thought the Wunder got attacked by an Angel and then another Angel revealed itself from Mark 06 after the Lance was pulled from it?

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”