4th Film Info (READ OP) + Speculation

The fate of SPOILERS is also the joy of speculation.
Readers enter at their own risk.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:20 am

View Original PostHeaven Piercing Man wrote:Now adding the fact that we're back to エ and オ, I'm thinking the underlying intention is not "a new installment of the New Movies" (characterized by the we/wo spelling) but "a New installment of the metaseries/franchise", maybe this means expanding the post 3I dystopia into a whole new universe beyond a single movie? Otherwise why introduce a whole bunch of bridge bunnies just give them barely any limelight? I seem to remember someone at Khara saying they compared the New Movies to other franchises having multiple AUs with shared elements, in the case of Eva it'd be the characters and beginning arc - correct me where it's due pls.

More precisely, it was said (by Tsurumaki I'm not mistaken) that one of the objectives of the Rebuild was to create a franchise with multiple iterations, like Gundam.
And if you look at it, that's already the case with Evangelion : with NGE and Rebuild, you have the manga, spin-offs like ANIMA, Campus Apocalypse, ISIK, Boyfriend of Steel... it's just that until Rebuild all these new universe were in the form of mangas or Light Novel.

Rebuild could be the setting stone for future animated series. Or maybe Anno will use FINAL as the second part of a prologue for his new setting and launch a new series continuing the story, that could ties with Anno's interview where he said that he wanted to bring back the genre of the "Tales" like in Legend of Galactic Heroes, which tells the story of an organization as a whole and don't really have a hero, or have so many of them so there isn't a "main" one : FINAL would then be the final part of Shinji's journey(or at least of him being the main focus of the narration, if he doesn't dies in FINAL).
The problem I have with that is that if neo-NERV is defeated in FINAL, then there would have to be a new and unseen enemy for the good guys to fight, and Evangelion's setting goes very badly with that kind of "shonen-esque" serial escalation.(even in ANIMA it's implied that the bad guys are just remnants of SEELE)

Although if it means to get to know better the WILLE crew and the setting as well as having more fights with the Wunder a la Space Battleship Yamato, I'm all for it! Or an animated adaptation of ANIMA! :D
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

DemonSpade
Adam

Postby DemonSpade » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:16 am

http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-2637.html

Huh?

Giji Shinka
Donor
Donor

Postby Giji Shinka » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:24 am

View Original PostDemonSpade wrote:http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-2637.html

Huh?

Hmmmmm.......What this could be...?

It says something about 31st of December........................................................................I try not to get too excited......

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby qu4d » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:06 am

I guess they will tell us the release date of Final. IIRC the release date of 3.0 was made public on January 1st 2012.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:51 am

There's since been an update: http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-2641.html

There was a system error saying Final will be out in Japanese theaters on December 31st. Clearly a mistake, so Movix publicly apologized. The Minna No Eva Fan blogger speculated that something could be happening behind closed doors at khara, though.

Maybe they are getting ready for publicly mentioning the release date or other Final news (like the international "You xxx (not) xxxx" title).
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:38 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Maybe they are getting ready for publicly mentioning the release date or other Final news (like the international "You xxx (not) xxxx" title).

I think you're right. If I remember correctly, we learned that 3.0's title was "You can (not) redo" when they released their New Years Card.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:17 pm

Only two months to go, if that is indeed the case. :D

riffraff11235
Seed
Seed

Postby riffraff11235 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:56 am

View Original Postqu4d wrote:IIRC the release date of 3.0 was made public on January 1st 2012.

I remember it being revealed on July 31, 2012 during that "Eva-08" event. I think it was shortly after I joined the forums.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Guy Nacks
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:27 am

Fanboy boner engaged.

Just hope new year's doesn't give me blue balls
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby qu4d » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:34 am

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:I remember it being revealed on July 31, 2012 during that "Eva-08" event. I think it was shortly after I joined the forums.

Yep, you're right. The title was revealed on january 1st 2012.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:18 am

You guys do realize you're hoping for only a 2 year gap between Eva films and how silly that sounds, right? I mean, sure, FINAL sooner than later sounds good, but I'm not not betting on anything.

hui43210
Lilin
Lilin

Postby hui43210 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:58 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:You guys do realize you're hoping for only a 2 year gap between Eva films and how silly that sounds, right? I mean, sure, FINAL sooner than later sounds good, but I'm not not betting on anything.

I'm a glass half full kinda guy, something's happing
Is the 3.0 spoiler policy gone?.... Cool, then I'm nominating myself as EvaGeeks 1# Sakura Suzuhara fan/nerd.

I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Gendo'sPapa
God
God

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:50 pm

I'm a positive kinda guy too. Whatever will happen it'll be something. Plus as long as you go on with your life Eva 4.0 will be here before you know it.

Now I gotta ask Hui, what is Sakura doing in your profile pic? Is she doing a goofy adorable dance? Or playing with invisible penises? Cause in anime there's a 50/50 chance it's one of those.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:04 pm

I genuinely want 4.0 to be at least 1-2 years away because I want to save up enough cash for a trip to Japan to see the conclusion PROPERLY instead of doing either internet exile or spoilers bullshit. Being a gaijin is suffering.

To answer Gendo'sPapa's question
SPOILER: Show

"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Gendo'sPapa
God
God

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:11 pm

Being a kitty.... i should of known....

LightDragonman
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby LightDragonman » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:06 pm

You know, it was only a year and a half wait in between 1.0 and 2.0. Maybe that's the same for FINAL. *crosses fingers*
Proud fanboy of Rei Ayanami. :p

TheFriskyIan
Lilin
Lilin

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:42 pm

View Original PostLightDragonman wrote:You know, it was only a year and a half wait in between 1.0 and 2.0. Maybe that's the same for FINAL. *crosses fingers*

Yet there was a two and a half wait between 2.0 and 3.0, if we project this forward, expect a three and a half year wait.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

LightDragonman
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby LightDragonman » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:04 pm

Which is why I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The fact that 3.0 was so much shorter makes me feel that they were at least in pre-production by the beginning of this year.

Gendo'sPapa
God
God

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:00 am

To throw in a positive thought - I think Anno & Co have a VERY solid idea of where Final is going. What probably kept 3.0 in production so long was Anno having the (IMO) genius decision to really change things up with the third film instead of just sticking loosely to the remaining arch of the TV series. I'm sure 3.0 would have been a great film had it just done what 2.0 did - take scenes directly from the TV series & give them a slight change so they feel "new" - but I don't think it would have been as GREAT a film as 3.0 is.

Final seems like it's going to be a pretty straightforward continuation of where the last one left off. Shinji, Rei & Asuka return to Willie, some drama happens, a few revelations are made, maybe Shinji learns a thing or two & then there's a huge battle sequence with NERV where shit hits the fan & it all ends you in one amazing earth shattering explosion. Or giant naked people.

I still think they're probably just gonna hold off till 2015 to release Final BUT they could bring the fourth film out in 2014 so the 20th Anniversary of Neon Genesis Evangelion is open for them to do some sorta huge retrospective/Rebuild Complete Series BoxSet release, etc.

LightDragonman
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby LightDragonman » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:44 am

Personally, I find that the idea of them deliberately holding off till 2015 just to celebrate the anniversary to be a rather questionable decision. I think it would make more since if they do release it in 2014, and then release its super awesome deluxe Blu-Ray in 2015, maybe even complete with deleted scenes and all the other films in order to satisfy the anniversary. Maybe even release the original series in HD. :wink:

Of course, if they do wait til 2015 because they genuinely need more time to work on it, then I can don't really have a problem. I just hope, that should it be released then, for it to be for actual legitimate reasons, and not for an anniversary or because Anno's pulling a Michael Cimino.

Return to “Evangelion Final [SPOILERS]”