EvaGeeks Messaging System bug report, input and Q&A thre

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

EvaGeeks Messaging System bug report, input and Q&A thre

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Why doesn't the site incorporate an IM system? We could incorporate it into the messaging in a way similar to Facebook's IM system. Honestly this means faster more efficient chat for the mods and for members this means they can chat almost immediately with friends they see are online in the online list at the bottom of the index. Just a suggestion, thoughts on it?
Last edited by supershinjiasukashipper on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:13 am

http://www.evageeks.org/evageeks-irc-channel/

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:20 am

Main reason: we don't really need it, and I don't think anyone wants to develop it.

Additionally: We are a forum, there is a private messaging system. The forum shows you who is online. You can message anyone if you want. Not to mention we have an IRC channel, and everyone has the option to include email/facebook/twitter/im information in their profile. There are more than enough methods to communicate available to you currently.

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:13 am

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:Main reason: we don't really need it, and I don't think anyone wants to develop it.

Additionally: We are a forum, there is a private messaging system. The forum shows you who is online. You can message anyone if you want. Not to mention we have an IRC channel, and everyone has the option to include email/facebook/twitter/im information in their profile. There are more than enough methods to communicate available to you currently.

Okay, but I noticed not all of those contact information buttons are most functional, whenever I click the e-mail one on a members profile it opens up my windows mail which I expect it to do but the address presented seems as though it goes to an internal e-mail clientel within the forums, for example Mr Tines comes out with "@evageeks.com, so do you EvaMonkey-kami. (what do you think of that new one by the way? ;D)
So is it supposed to do that or is it just my pain ridden body causing my brain to not think properly today? :P
Also, can I move to have this thread renamed so it is a communication system suggestion and bug report thread?
Interesting Quote:
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:35 am

I don't understand what you mean, my email is associated with evamonkey.com. I know Ornette uses an evageeks.org address.

Personally, I never click on email addresses, I right/command click and copy and then use it in webmail.

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:01 pm

Well maybe it is an issue on my end but it always comes out as a evageeks.org web address and I thought we were running on a system similar to the e-mail system I have at work. (you know, that job. -_- May quit it with this new one soon.)
Maybe I should test again, I am not sure. I will change the topic name now though to suit the subject it works better to address.

Edit:
You were right, it was user error on my part. -_-
I am just a silly eel. Anyway, that was useful info. Now I am gonna bite a carrot and ponder my epic failure.
Interesting Quote:

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”