Ultimate EVA Special Features DVD

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:12 am

Kaysow wrote:All set! Im'a keep seeding it for now, and try to figure out this dual-layers bizniz. No idea how it works. Do I need special DVDR´s? Can most players do it?

You need a special dual-layer burner. They've been out for a few years now, so it's possible you already have one. Best to just google your model and see. You'll also need special dual-layer discs. You can spot a dual-layer disc because it's size is listed as 8.5gigs, and it's more expensive than a regular blank dvd. Once you have all that, download and install the program "ImgBurn." It's easy to use for the dual-layer novice, and works very well.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:45 am

philips drom6216 seems to be my burner, and i get the impression it'll do. I'll just go find some of those discs then, thanks.
If I have no soul to touch, no heart to love, no evil to rise up above
No angels and no ghosts, no real victories to toast
If you believe that this is true then I must ask;
to what end do you proceed?

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:00 pm

OK, I got tired of waiting for my friend to bring over his thinkpad multibay DVD burner for me to plug into my thinkpad, so I fired up xine and pointed it to the DVD image. It completely failed at the DVD navigation, so I wasn't able to use xine. But when I pointed mplayer to the image (mplayer doesn't support dvd menus) and played the genesis 0:0 stuff (title 11) it worked fine and I get the subs.

I have a question about the "In the beginning", what did you use as the source? The bitrate is 9000 kps but I still saw a lot of mpeg-2 artifacts, stuff that I don't see even on my Genesis 0:0 VHS tape. It looks more like an encode at 800-1200 kps.

Also, I hope you don't mind, but I posted a link to this thread and the eva extras related part of your blog on a few other NGE forums.

Edit: And that EoE promo reminded me of my "EoE in 1 minute" thing, except they did it in 8 seconds.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:10 am

Those TV spots were batshit crazy. I'm not gonna get a dual-layer disc, those are expensive here. 10 dollars for a burnable, I mean kamoon. Daemon does it.

I wish you woulda said you'd use my Opus, cuz I cracked my HD open yesterday and got my raws and everything back =/ They look wayyyyy better than the DLs, which I had to restrict to below 100mb. Woulda postponed it all, but still...

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:14 pm

Probably ages ago, The Eva Monkey wrote: Secondly, I don't intend to give it to anyone. It's that bad.

You think that's bad, you should see Episode: Asuka. :roll: @ least the HIP Hentai has people actually talking, not done using what looks like Mario Paint, and pokes fun of itself by using series catchphrases.

@ Brikhaus: I'll PM you about this, but apparently I need an add code. (I've been so busy lately I only JUST got your PM today! >_<)

btw, is this thing playable on your computer? (I won't be able to download all of it because I don't have that much space on my computer, plus I don't have a DVD player/burner on here. >_<)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:52 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:btw, is this thing playable on your computer? (I won't be able to download all of it because I don't have that much space on my computer, plus I don't have a DVD player/burner on here. >_<)

In BSD, Linux, and I'm assuming MacOSX, file systems (like isoFS on a DVD) are simply devices, so you can make a directory a device so that it looks like a DVD, or if you have mplayer, just point it to a directory and say "that's a DVD". In windows I believe there is something called "Daemon Tools" which does something similar.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:07 pm

Ornette wrote:In windows I believe there is something called "Daemon Tools" which does something similar.

There's also a MSFT semi-official tool for mounting ISO images, which I've used in the past:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/b/6/7b6abd84-7841-4978-96f5-bd58df02efa2/winxpvirtualcdcontrolpanel_21.exe

Self-extracting zip -- follow the instructions in the readme.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:07 pm

It's no longer allowing no registered people to download the torrent, can anyone send it to me or give me a code?
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

System Shocker
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby System Shocker » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:57 pm

Is that file on the FTP site right? Should it be just an ISO instead?
Last edited by System Shocker on Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:06 pm

Will this work?

http://www.tesuji.org/torrents/Evangelion_Instrumental_Extras_Special_Features_DVD.torrent
Last edited by Ornette on Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:13 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:05 am

Ha, I got an infraction on A4 forums for posting a link to your blog and the demonoid torrent. I guess you have to be careful where you post it.

Tabasco
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Tabasco » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:17 am

Mr. Tines wrote:There's also a MSFT semi-official tool for mounting ISO images, which I've used in the past:

Quick note, this only works in XP, Vista seems to have issues.
---
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one insists on adapting the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
- George Bernard Shaw

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:22 pm

Random question. Not to seem ungrateful, especially since you did all this hard work out of love, and I really do appreciate it, but, why is very little of the text in Genesis 0:0 subtitled?

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:35 pm

Ornette wrote:I have a question about the "In the beginning", what did you use as the source? The bitrate is 9000 kps but I still saw a lot of mpeg-2 artifacts, stuff that I don't see even on my Genesis 0:0 VHS tape. It looks more like an encode at 800-1200 kps.

The source was a VHS rip, but not one of mine. Sadly, it was the only one I could track down. I wanted the DVD version included with Renewal, but that has been out of print for years. I realize it's not the best copy out there, but for the people out there with no access to the documentaries, it's better than nothing.

Ornette wrote:Also, I hope you don't mind, but I posted a link to this thread and the eva extras related part of your blog on a few other NGE forums.

I don't mind as long as you are NOT posting it to any place extremely prominent like AnimeNation, NewsNetwork, or OnDVD.

Kaysow wrote:Those TV spots were batshit crazy. I'm not gonna get a dual-layer disc, those are expensive here. 10 dollars for a burnable, I mean kamoon. Daemon does it.

Wow, $10?!?!? That's ridiculous. Hopefully, you'll get to put it on DL disc someday, because that's really the way to go.

Kaysow wrote:I wish you woulda said you'd use my Opus, cuz I cracked my HD open yesterday and...

Sorry about that. The test disc I ran still used the original Opus. It was the only music video left that used Pre-Renewal footage, and in comparison it looked like crap. Especially since it's the best of the videos. So, I used your version literally as a last second addition.

cat42 wrote:Random question. Not to seem ungrateful, especially since you did all this hard work out of love, and I really do appreciate it, but, why is very little of the text in Genesis 0:0 subtitled?

The subtitles only appear over dialogue for two reasons. First, the text doesn't really offer anything that new, meaning nothing you couldn't read about already on Wikipedia or possibly Fan Geek Commentary. Second, simultaneously having subs for the scrolling text AND spoken dialogue would have been nigh impossible.
Awesomely Shitty
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:11 pm

Where I meant most that I was surprised there were no subtitles were the clips from the show that had text. I can understand why you wouldn't do subtitles for the anime's dialogue, but I would have thought you'd have them for the text there.

I also was kinda hoping for subtitles for the text in the full OP as well...

Anyway, regardless, I thank you for the disc and all your hard work, I've enjoyed it greatly so far.

EDIT++++
I'm giving my laptop a rest right now. Later tonight I'll be seeding again for the night. I try to give my laptop a rest during the day though.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:06 pm

cat42 wrote:I also was kinda hoping for subtitles for the text in the full OP as well...

But, ah, most people already know the words. It would be a lot of work for something that most people already know. Also, you can find the full lyrics in many anime lyrics sources on the intermoose.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:04 am

I think all the scrolling texts are just telling us what's going on the clips anyway. But you never know when some interesting tidbit or insight might flash by.

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:48 pm

Kaysow wrote:I think all the scrolling texts are just telling us what's going on the clips anyway. But you never know when some interesting tidbit or insight might flash by.

"In this scene, Gendo tells Shinji to leave if he's not willing to cooperate. Then Shinji asks Gendo how he could do that to him. By the way, later on, he shoots Kaji. Just thought I'd mention that. So anyway, Misato asks Shinji why he came..."
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:21 am

Well, it's been two days since any activity was on the torrent. I suppose I'll be shutting it down now. But we managed to get 45 downloads and I personally uploaded 31 gigs of data. Not too bad. I hope everyone that downloaded this enjoys it. :D
Awesomely Shitty

Return to “Fan Works”