Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:42 pm

^Glad to hear that, I'll do a full writeup of my sojourn, with pics of course, one of these days before you go for the sake of posterity.

Another possibility is spend 2 nights, which would give you 2 full days, depending on the rates. It could make more sense to overnight in Mito if the rates are better there. The J2 League soccer team Mito Hollyhock also began collaborating with GuP last year, so the K's denki Stadium Mito might be worth a visit as there may have some tie-in merch there. There's also a jersey with the Anko on the back that costs 16,740 円. I've seen the jersey at Animate.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:42 am

So Gakken published 3 volumes of reprints of the storyboards used for both the series proper and the OVAs. Each is several hundred pages of storyboards with quickly pencilled scenes of the anime (yadayada it's a bunch of storyboards). I think there may be some things in it that didn't actually get animated (or at least I didn't notice them). I also had to laugh at how the tanks sometimes broke out of their assigned space on the storyboards (not enough room? just continue outside the box :lol: )

However, I believe these books will be a great source of user avatars of Miho looking derpy.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:00 pm

I've seen those. I think the tanks going out of the frame indicates that they're going off screen.
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:40 am

REJOICE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1i3FQzHhps

MOVIE TRAILER

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ast/.88981

and Yukari's birthday!

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:12 am

I'm a little late, but happy birthday Tank Fairy! :D
[Redacted]

GT-One
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby GT-One » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:36 am

The day has finally come. I'm visiting the holy land, where school girls are driving tanks as part of the curriculum. Actually, the day trip was planned for tomorrow (Tuesday), but since there are frequent showers forecast, it's more likely to happen on Wednesday. After all, I want to enjoy my time in Oarai, and not run from the rain every hour.
"Feelings of love are just a temporary lapse in judgement. Like a mental illness." - Haruhi Suzumiya
"Is that supposed to be funny?" - Kyon

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:58 pm

View Original PostGT-One wrote:The day has finally come. I'm visiting the holy land, where school girls are driving tanks as part of the curriculum. Actually, the day trip was planned for tomorrow (Tuesday), but since there are frequent showers forecast, it's more likely to happen on Wednesday. After all, I want to enjoy my time in Oarai, and not run from the rain every hour.

Buy an umbrella.

Advantages: You stay dry, it will be more quiet than usual, and walking in the rain is relaxing.

It's not rain from a typhoon, right?

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:04 pm

View Original PostGT-One wrote:The day has finally come

Awesome, been slammed so I haven't been able to do my writeup but will be looking forward to your updates. How many days will you be visiting?

It would be cool to have lunch at one of the restaurants that's a standee sponsor. Cookfan is the one the student council visits that does the tank shaped croquettes but IIRC it's not in the central business area. Another tactic I've used before when crunched for time is having something to snack on in lieu of a lunch.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:23 am

If you are in Japan right now you can catch the rebroadcast-

ImageImage

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:55 pm

AK took months to get caught up with the latest chapters, but they're now available, awesome reading.
SPOILER: Show
Centipede Team may be up against their toughest opponent yet!

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:07 am

New PV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqk8Eg1A0RI

looks like Pravda and St. Gloriana will get their rematch :popcorn:

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Re: Girls und Panzer

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:52 am

In Japan now for Comiket 89 and saw the film last night. Wow. They really showcase tank fu. Knew the plot from finding spoilers online and my impressions below are also spoiler-laden.
SPOILER: Show
-Oarai gets seriously trashed. Sakanaya Honten gets leveled and Oarai Hotel heavily damaged.
-The worst team might be Chihatan because their tendency to blitz head on instead of being more tactical compounds the weaknesses of their tanks being undergunned.
-I think Boco was based on Gloomy Bear, just less bloody.
-Best newcomer to appear award goes to Keizoku HS despite fielding 1 tank. Them and the Leopon team need to talk.
-Erica was one of my least favorite characters in the series but redeems herself.
-Surprise team to break down was the Mallards. More Sodoko x Mako shipping likely.
-Most improved team goes to the Anteaters. Nekota tossing Piyotan a shell was awesome.
-The climactic match makes Kuromorimine vs. Oarai look like a picnic.
-Like the person who posted the plot said, I don't know how they can make more GuP anime. Unless there's a time skip, side stories, or spinoffs are adapted, like Ribbon Warrior.
Last edited by AR-99 on Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby caragnafog dog » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:16 am

I've seen it twice and probably gonna go a third time if I can. Man it's great. The Finns were everything I hoped for.

Agree with the above, I'd like more anime but I don't see where they could go from here.
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:08 pm

So how many additional tanks did they stuff into it? Last week I received the latest special GuP issue of Model Graphix and looking at the list (it has a nice rundown of what kits you can use to build each tank) they more or less doubled the number of tanks...PanZervice indeed. :!:
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:25 pm

^There are 11 new vehicles.

View Original Postcaragnafog dog wrote:I've seen it twice and probably gonna go a third time if I can.

Are you in Japan now also? I'm here until the 8th. What bonuses did you get? I got the sticker set. Found the Katyusha/Nonna mini shikishi and a film strip of the Mallard Team in Lashinbang yesterday.

May go see it again as my friend will be coming back from Australia and the final week bonus is a film strip. Although Mandarake was selling a strip and it is of the Oarai stores at night so it was only 400 yen.

Update: Saw the movie twice so I got a different bonus for the 7th week (film strip without the WOT code).

Went back to Oarai again and covered more ground since I was there for 2 days. Got 45/55 character stamps (ones I couldn't get the businesses were closed for new year's break :fistshake:) and made it out to the far reaches, Aqua World and Isosaki-jinja Shrine. All on foot.

This is for Fireball. If you want larger versions, PM me.

The 2 artworks were at the same food place (their current standee is Momoga). My first time I skipped Erwin since her standee location is off by itself with no other ones nearby.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:01 pm

Wunderbar! :thumbsup:

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:16 pm

Jenya, the Russian seiyu of Pravda's Clara who makes her debut in the movie, has received some NHK World attention:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... anzer-fame

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Sun May 29, 2016 8:04 am

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Sun May 29, 2016 12:28 pm

I hope it gets released on Region 2 DVD in the UK, just like the rest of the series...
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Tue May 31, 2016 3:40 pm

Got it yesterday. Now I can understand exactly WTH was happening with what I watched 2x raw. ^_^

The movie companion OAV, Alice War, has also been subbed. :thumbsup:

Return to “Anime and Manga”