How strict is the Moderation on here?

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

How strict is the Moderation on here?

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:59 pm

I have been here for a year, and while that does feel like it should give me an appropriate amount of time to get the hang of things here, one thing has always made me curious. I come from posting frequently off site on a Game Dev Forum where Moderation is very, very strict. I however notice that the moderators on here tend to be a bit more laid back. That doesn't mean I try to get away with breaking rules, I do genuinely feel bad when I do something wrong, but I also notice how I would have been banned for a month accidentally doing it off site.

So it makes me curious, how much moderating do moderators here do?
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:38 pm

*David Attenborough documentary voiceover*

Usually, users at EvaGeeks.org Forum are civil.
Usually.

The moderators and admnistration keep a close watch on threads that might go in an unpleasant or unruly direction. At first, a short word or two on the importance of respect and courteousy is enough to remind users of the rules.
But if a thread is deemed to have overstepped its bounds it is sent to the 'Eva Graveyard' subforum, where drama, spam, noise, and trolling is put to rest. In some instances only a few posts need to be clipped for order and civil discussion to be restored, but if this action does not resonate with the userbase, the thread is inevitably sent to the graveyard.

As for user behaviour, I've come to understand that rule enforcement it is done on a case-by-case basis.
Voluntary Illusion.

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”