Dreams about Evangelion...

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Didi
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Didi » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:18 am

I read a number of Manga Kaworu/Karl x Shinji doujins lately and just remembered I recently had one eva dream...probably because of those doujins. It was sort of teenage romcom, but Rei Asuka Mari made no appearance. Put in spoiler for length.

SPOILER: Show

Karl's the popular guy in school, his circle included Touji, Kensuke, and Hikari. He acted as the leader and the moodmaker when he's hanging with his circle, but basically a rebel to the teachers.
Apparently, the school was a preparatory academy for military purpose, perhaps kinda like FFVIII school. Karl and friends regularly had to pass tests of unique subjects designed to shape a soldier with top military skills as well as good character. :hahaha:

This time around, for some reason the ethics test (sorta Confussian Classics test in Imperial Examination in the time of Imperial China) had to be taken in pairs. Everyone else could freely form pairs, only Karl wasn't allowed to, as a punishment of his recent problematic behavior. The teacher paired him with a mysterious girl not from his class, who looked like Haruhi from Ouran, had similar personality to Akashi of Tatami Galaxy, and voiced by Maaya Sakamoto......turned out it's SHIN(JI)KO. :hahaha: :facepalm: Karl found Shinko difficult, they never got along...

...until in the last minutes, Shinko saved Karl from getting a fail grade by giving him answer hints. It affected him deeply, he got crush on her at that point. After the test ended, Shinko was nowhere to be found at school. Later, Karl found that Shinko came to his school due to her circumstances, likely because of failing some subjects. And now that everything had gone to where it should be in Shinko's life, Karl got the impression that outside forces are not allowing him to advance their relationship, making the ethics test the first and the last time he could be with her. The dream ended there, kinda bittersweetly. ^^;

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:40 am

When I was like 11, I had a dream once where (and I was seeing it through the eyes of Shinji, but I wasn't actually him) where the Eva's were having some kind of battle in an open forest area and there were blue-sih streams of light beaming down from the sky. A week later, a mutual friend of my older brought over the soundtrack to EoE and that's how I first learned that the movie even existed...what struck me was the uncanny resemblance to the tiny image (from the CD booklet) of Asuka getting stuck down by the spears to my dream. I always attributed this to me being "psychic" when I was younger, but that was a younger,much more sillier-minded version of myself that doesn't really reflect who I am today outside of my love for Eva.

I had another around age 12or 13 (and this was still before I actually got to see the movie, but the English version had just come out in the US) where I had a copy of EoE on VHS sitting in front of me my living room. I kept reaching for the tape to put in and watch, but hen I kept holding back and hesitating.. (I of course, have since seen the movie, but this dream is just weird).

I had another one more recently where I was at some kind of Asian market (and I've been to some of these in real life, like one time in Houston I was at one where they were selling figures of the MPE's and another of Shinji and Kaworu, with K's arms wrapped around Shinji from behind) where they were selling figurines of Units 00 and 02 (I specifically recall all the blue and red) for hundreds of dollars. I stood there looking at them thinking how expensive but cool they were. Suddenly I was outside looking at poster written in Japanese, it had a bunch of character faces on it and I couldn't read it, but I knew it was some kind of announcement for a continuation. Then, I was inside the show (I guess this was my own mind making things up). At that point in the dream, I was learning how (by looking at the VHS boxes for NGE that don't exist) the show had actually continued on for several years after ep. 26 and that the episodes didn't get released here.

All I remember was that the Eva's were walking around in a night time setting that made Tokyo 3 look like some kind of noir anime akin to Cowboy Bebop (in certain episodes) and Key the Metal Idol. Then, there was a lot of water in daylight setting. Rei was standing at the shore (this was not a beach, since I could see a metal roof far up above). She just stood there as a new angel rose out of the water. Then I snapped out of it and continued to look at the toys. The second time I remember seeing the yellow version of Eva 00 and then I think I woke up after that.
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:23 pm

Had a dream last night in which i was Unit 01 and i was eating Gendo only in a more graphic way than what was shown in EoE. I was chomping down on not just the head but the whole body and the blood kept hitting the floor. ...I MUST BE SICK!!!! :bigeyes:

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:27 pm

A few weeks ago, I had one with Gendo in a party hat. That's all I remember.
My ongoing fanfics: NGE: (Not) the End, Evangelion: Regenesis

Winking Mari makes my heart go doki doki
We're all Asuka-fanboys? I take great exception to that. It's Mari I want to plow nine ways from Sunday, if you don't mind.

What? She's 28 now.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Dreams about Eva...

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:40 am

My inferno of an apartment made me oversleep again. As my body grew increasingly dehydrated, my slumbering hallucinations turned to Eva for no apparent reason.

I think it started with some kind of vivid explanation and overview of how Lilith's physical properties enabled Eva-01 to be created from her. Every cell being pluripotent and capable of "germinating" foreign DNA -- just stick some cells in and watch them grow! (I guess my dream was going with the theory that Eva-01 is an Adam clone that was experimentally grown using Lilith's body.) The narrator then laments that despite Gehirn's best efforts, Lilith's body could not restore itself as fast as its resources were being plundered by the growing Eva.

Things eventually shift to showing a fully-grown Eva-01 suspended in a fluid-filled tank, separated from LIlith and hence sometime after the CE. A younger Gendo is in there, wearing scuba gear, daring to find out if the Eva is sentient (or something like that). Maybe he's trying to see if Yui responds to his presence. I think she does, and the Eva opens an eye and looks at him but doesn't move otherwise. (My brain might have blatantly ripped this scene from a couple in the Nausicaa manga, involving the still-unborn Ohma.)

Then begins a sequence involving Gendo attempting to corral little Shinji around some facility (part of Gehirn, we could presume) -- lots of corridors and elevators. Shinji seems overall despondent and uncooperative, and Gendo, despite his best efforts to be patient and polite, cannot be as warm and paternal as he would like. After Shinji sees an announcement on the wall, a piece of paper with Yui's picture announcing an upcoming commemoration, the child obviously loses his shit. Gendo's been trying to get Shinji to the cafeteria and has to plead with him, his voice increasingly short and stern but him managing a "please" or two regardless. Once they're in there, Shinji takes interest in breakfast and Gendo tries to help him out, but is so out of it that he pours orange juice onto Shinji's cereal instead of milk. (Yes, purely American offerings... I'm embarrassed by my unconscious failure to demonstrate cultural accuracy.) He apologizes and says he'll try again, but Shinji just throws the cereal out and wanders off, uninterested.

I think the dream ended around there. I woke up with the strange feeling that I had a greater appreciation for why Gendo had to send Shinji away.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:55 am

Your dream-story just made me feel extra-sad for Gendo and Shinji now. :( Sounds like the Tokyo side of your Katsuragi fic so many many years down the line!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Moap
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Moap » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:29 pm

A couple years ago I dreamed that my father was visiting me, and then an Angel appeared near my town. It was light blue and sort of radiant, it didn't have a clear form and was sort of floating sort of not floating. It was perched over to the northwest, following that mirror versions of it appeared to the south and east, giving it a vantage point over all the exits to the town. Because it was a dream I knew it was an Angel, even though it wasn't one of the angels that appeared on screen in NGE. After staring at this dumbstruck for a while I began telling myself an Evangelion would surely appear from somewhere to fight this thing, it was about this time when the mirrior images of the angel dissipeared. Then the Angel began attacking the city, and I was killed as me and my father tried to flee. Following that I woke up, my dreamworld never scrambled an Eva in time to save me.

Gendo's New Groove
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo's New Groove » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:39 am

Last night's was about Mari fighting Kaworu just after N3I. Kaworu ended up winning, sadly, which let to him going into Terminal Dogma and you know the rest.
All is not right, God is not in his heaven.

Arturokun951
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Arturokun951 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:35 pm

I had a dream the world led ended and when the earth blew up it was all a dream I woke up in the middle of the beach the ocean was red I'd assumed it was lcl then I turned to see if anyone was around sadly no one was present which I assume everyone was dead but me then I woke again feeling relieved lol it was weird and depressing.

lily liver
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby lily liver » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:19 pm

i've likely had more than one, but i can only remember one.
IIRC i wasn't occupying a character, i was just in the room as an observer, like a scene in a movie, but my eyes were the camera.

it was in in a cage for one of the evas and Rei was yelling something at Asuka, like Rei had a normal and very energetic personality and she was upset at Asuka for whatever reason. i don't remember what they were arguing about, but Rei said something that left Asuka shocked and speechless. not like she'd offended her, but like she had said something that Asuka took to heart- like when someone is a jerk and you finally tell them that they're a jerk and why, and they realize that its true, just as an example. that's all i remember.

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Re: Dreams about Evangelion...

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:14 pm

Had a couple in the past week. Both were not very intense, but were very strange.

Last weekend I had one where I was chilling with Anno in my parent's kitchen. I was trying to get him to pose for a picture with me, and it wasn't happenin.

Last night I had one in which my mother and I discussed what souls were in what Eva. My mother was a goddamn pro on the subject for some reason.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:24 pm

Okay, so this dream is technically not about Evangelion, but it's 100% inspired by a certain scene.

When I watched Evangelion, I usually binge-watched it at night, and loved it. However, watching Asuka's mind rape in episode 22 made me feel uneasy, and for the first time in 3 years, I had a nightmare that I had a similar experience to what Asuka went through.

My mom heard me screaming "No" at the top of my lungs and came in to calm me down. When I woke up the next morning, I had no recollection of it. It wasn't until a month later that the memory hit me in the face. The screams of agony and the days where I struggled with my depression/self-esteem popped in it.

The scene no longer scares me, but did make me realize how different Evangelion was compared to other things I loved.
Anywhere Can Be Paradise as Long As I Have the Will to Live...

...after all, I am Alive, So I'll Always Have the Chance to Be Happy.

Billyboy17
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Billyboy17 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:06 pm

Yeah I've had a dream where I was a technician and everyone was just starring at me like

"When did this guy come along?" or "How did he end up here?"

I just shrugged it off and I felt like I was the "special one" and every one just got out of my way. I also have a conservation with Asuka and
she asked me was it was like to be an American and a whole other bunch of stuff I can't really remember.

Yeah it was really cool ;P

Billyboy17
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Billyboy17 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:05 pm

View Original PostBillyboy17 wrote:Yeah I've had a dream where I was a technician and everyone was just starring at me like

"When did this guy come along?" or "How did he end up here?"

I just shrugged it off and I felt like I was the "special one" and every one just got out of my way. I also have a conservation with Asuka and
she asked me was it was like to be an American and a whole other bunch of stuff I can't really remember.

Yeah it was really cool ;P

***UPDATE***
Had this one last night. I was somewhere in a facility place, felt almost like a hospital of sorts and I was laying down on a bed in a room. Misato and Asuka were looking at me and didn't say anything for what felt like a few minuets. Then Misato walks over to a door on the side of the room and says "Asuka wait here while I go get Shinji. Be sure he would want to meet the 13th child." She left and Asuka jumped towards my side and eyed me for a moment like she was some kind of creature. She asked me what it was like to be born on Halloween and what it is like to be the 13th. I told her that it was nothing of the supernatural and that I had roots to the Grim Reaper.

And that's where it ends. Yes I was born on Halloween, and it kicks ass to be.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:53 am

I dreamt last night that I was talking about things I loved like Eva and the upcoming Godzilla movie to a female A.I. system and she said she hated both of those. The only thing she said she liked was The Legend of Korra so the dream was about Eva but also dealt with other off topic stuff. Why I dreamt of Godzilla probably has to do with Anno and the anticipation I have for his movie coming soon. Also, the A.I. sounded an awful lot like AWL which is why I felt uncomfortable given my opinion of her.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re:

•      
  •      

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:48 am

View Original Postcoff wrote:Geez you people have wierd dreams. You must have screwed up minds. :lol:

My dreams are way more weirder than they.
I dreamed than Rei floating in a dark space for like 5 min.standing like the Rei when Shinji was in eva 00 and it repeated "Do you love me?" ansd it appeared in the background that Asuka beating Shinji and Lilith whispered "This is fate,die!"
and shockingly The last one of Rei was "Why did you not love me you flirty monster!" and it closes like a tv.
Asuka Langley Soryu is our Lord and Saviour.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:08 am

A strange little interlude last night, with some vaguely ancient Egyptian cult as antagonist, when Gendo and Fuyutsuki sneak in and replace the head priest and his enforcer, despite looking totally unlike them. Then another bunch of characters getting close to the centre of things double-take when they realise what has happened. It also involved replacing fish in squareish slip-cases with long slender ditto.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:11 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:A strange little interlude last night, with some vaguely ancient Egyptian cult as antagonist, when Gendo and Fuyutsuki sneak in and replace the head priest and his enforcer, despite looking totally unlike them. Then another bunch of characters getting close to the centre of things double-take when they realise what has happened. It also involved replacing fish in squareish slip-cases with long slender ditto.

You watched too much Indiana Jones.
Asuka Langley Soryu is our Lord and Saviour.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:58 pm

I've had a few Eva dreams, usually when I'm tired or had a rough day or something like that.

I can remember bits and pieces, like piloting an Evangelion, or hiding in an angel shelter, but that's about it.

One I had was in the personal hell train car with Mari, Asuka, Shinji, Toji, and Rei. Boy that shit was trippy, but interesting. We had a nice conversation. It was a shame that Shinji and Toji were there though, the bastards. :raincloud:

The only other dream about Evangelion I can remember clearly is the one that I based my fanfic off of, which sounds like a crazy idea, but it isn't.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

StrokeMeGoat
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby StrokeMeGoat » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:22 pm

I've only had 3 Eva related dreams I can remember, all three are hard to remember at this point. My dreams tend to be very bizarre, and most of the time if I remember them, quite vivid. None actually involved the Evas themselves though, one involved some strange circumstances in Nerv and being in an entry plug, but the other two had to do solely with some of the characters. They were also a strange cross between being their normal animated quality and real, it's very hard to explain because I don't clearly know what it was like anyway, it seems to have both qualities. All three of these dreams happened within the same year, very spread out. Otherwise, I've surprisingly never had dreams about Evangelion despite how much I've watched and thought about it.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”