Dreams about Evangelion...

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Chainsaw Owl
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Chainsaw Owl » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:33 pm

Had quite an interesting one last night... I dreamed that I was playing Shadow of the Colossus, except I was climbing Unit 01. It was annoying as piss because there wasn't a soft spot for me to stab. For some reason it didn't just grab me and send me flying, but I ultimately ran out of grip gauge whilst I was attempting to ascend the navel.

I woke up upon impact with the ground. Better luck next time?
Set phasers to thrill.

kuzronk
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kuzronk » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:48 pm

This hasn't happened yet but I'm bound to have a dream about N64 Eva being ported to XBOX/PC/PS due to me wanting it now.

Theos
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Theos » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:48 pm

I had a dream, that I was Shinji, and I had to fight Toji in an Eva, as practice, for fighting the angels.

The next thing I remember, was riding bikes with Kaworu, and he asking if he could spend the night at my house.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:56 am

...I had a really weird dream today. Namely, I dreamed about Shinji having a nightmare about Rei trying to rape him with the excuse that she wants a "true heir". And the entire dream dialogue was in Japanese, including Shinji's screamed "IYAAAAAA!!!" immediately before he woke up.

No, this is not an exaggeration or made-up stuff. I actually dreamed that today.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:52 am

I had a dream where Rei was killed, and Shinji and Asuka found out about her clones. Then Nerv decides they are too much trouble so they are going to replace them with clones too. Asuka and Shinji escape and join anti-Nerv resistance groups. Nerv is like some sort of evil organization that's taken over the world. Asuka ends up confronting her clone, easily beating and killing it, and secretly takes it's place to get Unit-02 back and spy on Nerv.

Meanwhile Shinji goes to North America, and runs a gurrilla campaign there. He does amazingly well, basically wiping out anything that isn't an angel or an Eva with bombings. Yeah terrorist Shinji. Then his resistance group finds Unit-04 in a crater for him to use...

At the end of my dream both Shinji and Asuka hear the real Rei may still be alive and both go to rescue her, but they don't know it's each other in the Evas and are going to fight. Then I woke up.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:01 am

I dreamed that I was watching the last Rebuild movie. It was weird and completely different from anything Anno had done with Eva in the past. I remember thinking that there was some cool imagery, but I don't even remember what the images where. Just my feelings on them. "Pretty cool." And there was a new character that was somewhat similar to Rei and Kaworu. I wish I could have more dreams like this, and remember them more clearly.

honsou
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby honsou » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:21 pm

So in my dream I was watching the last movie (maybe) with my girlfriend and the first scene is Shinji in a yellow and black plugsuit when he says "oh wait it was you in control all along mom". Then I jumped up and yelled "Ha I told you this would happen".

Then a transition happens where Shinji, Mari, Gendo and Fuyu are in a big corporate looking room. Fuyu says that Gendo has to do something, Gendo sighs and pushes a button which opens up about 8 doors and a flood of people walk in. It seems that in this universe NERV's front is a regular corporate entity. Fuyu reminds Gendo that he needs to talk to his "employees". One by one they come, with Gendo looking increasingly frustrated, until one guy starts yelling at him for the water in the bathroom being too cold. Finally Gendo whispers to Fuyu "I want this man killed in the most inventive way possible"

Cut to Gendo throwing poisonous snakes at the guy as the guy yells "I just wanted the water to be a bit warmer!"

The end

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:27 pm

So I had a dream where me and a bunch of fellow Englishmen (and women) where fighting a laughably underequipped invasion by ISIS...with giant Lego death machines, a steamroller and a tower crane. Then, suddenly, it actually had some relevance to Eva and I found myself being the chaperone for Rei, who had spontaneously appeared for some reason (bear in mind I was on top of the crane at this point trying to coordinate a defence against ravening hordes of brain-dead terrorists). Poor Rei then recieved an obscene phonecall from Beast Wars Megatron (she didn't seem to care). Then for some reason I was taking her to a waterpark, where she saw Shinji and briefly said hello to him. After that? I can't even remember.

Yeah, my dreams rarely make sense.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:45 pm

Seems to be a lot of spying and espionage Eva dreams going around. I had one I'm pretty sure was inspired by Agents of Shield and Agent Carter. Asuka was sitting at a mirror doing her makeup. A female assassain came up behind her to kill her. Without even looking Asuka grabbed her, slammed her face into a desk killing her, and went back to doing her makeup.

Funny. I am way more of a Rei fan, but Asuka shows up in more of my dreams.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

MellotronWhy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MellotronWhy » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:38 am

I don't usually remember my dreams that well, but the other day I dreamt that I was watching Eva. It was some kind of bottle episode where Shinji kept buying funyuns in the NERV cafeteria, and Asuka was really upset about this for some reason.

Nothing else happened in the episode, it was just 23 minutes of Asuka getting increasingly pissed at Shinji for buying chips.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:08 pm

View Original PostMellotronWhy wrote:I don't usually remember my dreams that well, but the other day I dreamt that I was watching Eva. It was some kind of bottle episode where Shinji kept buying funyuns in the NERV cafeteria, and Asuka was really upset about this for some reason.

Nothing else happened in the episode, it was just 23 minutes of Asuka getting increasingly pissed at Shinji for buying chips.

Still a better plot than 3.0.
SPOILER: Show

:rimshot:
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Tue May 05, 2015 7:36 am

I had a dream where I was on the set of Evangelion, which was live action. Anno was the director, and the characters were actors playing themselves. Put in spoilers for length.
Anno was basicly at his wits end dealing with the actors, and kept muttering he should have gone into animation like his mother wanted. As for the cast...

Rei was the most popular actress in the world, and they had to keep giving her raises to keep her, since the studio was afraid that if someone else got her it'd kill them in the ratings. Rei herself was pretty chill, and well Rei.

Asuka was envious of Rei and wanted to be more popular. She kept insisting on changing things in the scripts, and was constantly changing her lines rather than reading them as written.

Shinji was a nervous wreck because for some reason everyone treated him like he actually did the things from Q. He was always getting yelled at by random people.

Fuyitski kept walking around mumbling about how he "Used to be a royal Shakesperien actor and was too good to be doing this crap"

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue May 05, 2015 12:54 pm

@Darkwing
I think you would be well minded to have a look at this

Andain
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Andain » Mon May 25, 2015 11:15 pm

I know NGE since 2005 approximately, I was 17 yrs old.

When I was 13 or 12 I had a dream where I was at my parents house, my mother was there. Suddenly it started to fall/rain meteorites or burning pieces of something from the sky. We both started to panic and to look a way to protect our selves. Since the house its by a mountain we watched the city burning, buildings falling and most of it was on fire or on huge explosions.

I thought that I could not leave things like that, no one can suffer such things, specially that my small brother and my father weren't home "safe". So I started running up mountain and reached like a launching path in a hole of the mountain and I ran in fast as I can to look for help. When I found the first person was a lady on a uniform custom but not camouflaged. She said to me that I was late that the others had already started to move. I saw the mountain next to the one I was to open and a EVA type of thing came out of it. She gave me a suit and we walked to a place that was a big hall kind of dark. I woke up full of sweat and with my heart beat like a beast.

For like a year I was having this type of dreams but I never reached to the part where I was inside the EVA. I always waked up before I reached them. It was always a different catastrophe, never "angels" but always something that threaten the humanity.

Then for a while everything stop being so lucid until one day a friend told me if I wanted to make a marathon of NGE series. I didn´t know what was but I went. I saw the series crying and don't knowing what to said. It was like watching my dreams on tv.

Since 2005 I dream some times that I am at that base on the mountain watching the EVAs or talking about something horrible happening. Most of them are not pleasant dreams but I love the part of the EVAs.
Andain
OOG
OOTS
OOREva

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue May 26, 2015 1:17 pm

That screwed up looking dog sketch from DC22'/EoE was in a weird dream of mine this morning. Didn't kids draw those sketches?

Was freaked out from my dream, anyway. Thanks, Eva =_=
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:06 pm

I blame this one on Botcon weekend.

So Nerv HQ was being destroyed, by Bruticus (In bad CGI) from Transformers. Ritsuko kept going on about how they couldn't hope to fight him, as he was war incarnate. Kaji kept going on about how he really wants to do a black chick before he dies. Then a giant gorilla that was actually Optimus Primal showed up to fight Bruticus (In slightly better CGI)

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:51 am

View Original PostRay wrote:@Darkwing
I think you would be well minded to have a look at this

I don't even know what I'm looking at, but right click+save it goes.

What does one do when Rei asks you for a cigarette?
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:15 am

I dreamed that Khara had quietly slipped out a 45 second teaser for 3.0+1.0 in the middle of the night (local time) and woke up to find all the usual sites were really hyped about it. It was really convincing too! The usual vague but intriguing footage, new promotional art with ominous looking silhouettes mixed with new art of familiar characters. To make matters worse, I woke up, fell asleep and had the same dream three times! Even my subconscious was screaming, "hang on, you haven't even looked at the internet this morning!"

Finally had to disappoint myself so I could go back to sleep. Thanks Khara! :lol:

Edit: I remember a little bit of it now. The footage was a flashback of Asuka waking up following Near Third Impact and seemed like it was part of a bigger montage by the way it was scored and cut. One of the promo pieces had Unit 02 and Unit 08 mirroring the famous Asuka above/Rei below image from NGE's opening, with a third silhouette sandwiched between them that was larger and had a much different profile from a normal Eva. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure it was the Eva-Alpha from Battle Orchestra. Been playing that game a lot lately. :tongue:

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:54 pm

The last one i remember was when i was in some strange corridor and i couldn't see what was at the end of either side. so i just walked forward, until i finally reached a door. when i got inside i found i was on the bridge of the Wunder when suddenly, the dream entered third person and i was seeing a battle between Wunder and the Geofront in orbit before i wake up
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

The Cruel
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:15 pm

I had Eva related dreams sporadically since I knew Eva.

One was, that I were a observer who lurked In a dark corner on the command bridge of the Wunder, where I've seen this event unfold when Shinji got there, while he got cold stares from the staff and being ignored. And when I was about to do something, this dream abruptly ended.

Another dream was about a different outcome of the battle between Asuka and the MP-Evas, where Shinji does come just in time before they could kill her, though she still lost her left eye. The MP-Evas got finished and the JSSDF weren't there anymore. After that I saw Shinji and Asuka holding hands together in grief at front of Misatos remains after she died in the blast. During this moment a monolouge from Fuyutsuki was heared where he means, that the whole world 'll be against them from now on and that they 'll be doomed to fight for the rest of their lives.

And I had a dream, which I dare to tell you about and I don't want this to become a discussion okay?

So. In this dream I had Sex with Asuka and it ended abruptly before it could really start. Mostly it was foreplay. It happened in my bathroom, while she had her plugsuit, hair clips and Eyepatch on like in Q. We took calmly your time when we kissed, hugged and touched each other and she was laying on me in the filled bathtub while we enjyoed the warmth of the water. In this moment, her plugsuit felt like a Swimsuit and then when we kissed again, it was over.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”