Twitter (and center)

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Twitter (and center)

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:14 pm

New bbcode tags. I think it was Xard who asked a while back whether it was possible to embed tweets in posts. Back then it wasn't possible as we'd have to write code to interact with twitter's RESTful API to fetch all the information, and that wasn't going to be a simple task. They've since added embedding functionality and beefed up their javascript to do all the fetching for free, so now you can embed a tweet simply by using [twitter]tweet-url[/twitter] tags. The "tweet-url" is the same as when you look at the "Details" of a tweet: https://twitter.com/degheltprod/status/224542537522753536

So if you put [twitter] [/twitter] tags around it, it'll look like this:

You can only embed 3 tweets in a post and all forum rules still applies to the content that you post from twitter even if they aren't your tweets.

Also, this has actually been around for a while, but you can use center tags now to center a block of text. For example:

[center]This should be
center aligned
in the middle
of this post[/center]

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:53 pm

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:37 pm

:w00t:

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:43 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:

Oh you!

But seriously, I could see this potentially being a useful thing.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:20 pm

[s:18p1gkxi]There's some kind of bug. I posted 2 tweets in separate threads, they appeared after I posted, but now they're empty. The tweets weren't deleted or anything either so I'm not sure what's going on.[/s:18p1gkxi]

The account I linked to went into protected account status, no wonder.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:38 pm

Tweets I tried to post worked first but after editing part of text that had no connection to tweets they stopped working. Account isn't protected either as I can access it just fine

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:37 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:Tweets I tried to post worked first but after editing part of text that had no connection to tweets they stopped working. Account isn't protected either as I can access it just fine

Which post did it get hosed on?

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:11 pm

I was trying to post to Pacific Rim thread
these two in particular  SPOILER: Show

Hmm, now the lower one is working and upper one isn't. A moment ago neither worked.

edit: and now it's again "neither"

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:12 pm

Should work now, it wasn't being parsed because the URL was missing the username (after twitter.com/ and before /status/)

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:32 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:Should work now, it wasn't being parsed because the URL was missing the username (after twitter.com/ and before /status/)

huh....well that's weird because I still have the tabs open and the full url seems to be there :chinscratch:

EvaBrothers
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaBrothers » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:37 am

Test -  SPOILER: Show

[s]It doesn't work for me. :( And my profile is public.[/s]

Ah no, it works now. It just didn't work when I hit "Preview" before submitting my post.
~ Luana Spinetti ~ [email protected] (Email)
Note: I'm no longer the author of the fanfiction "Eva Brothers from Cybertron". I passed authorship to a friend (Lia Dospetti) who's turning it into her own work, while still maintaining homages to NGE and Transformers, as well as Star Trek. I still draw the artworks, though, and I have some fragments of the old fanfic here.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:57 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:huh....well that's weird because I still have the tabs open and the full url seems to be there :chinscratch:

You have to edit your post, don't need to change anything, just submit the edit. This way the bbcode pre-processor can do its thing and flag the bbcode tags with UUIDs, otherwise, it'll get treated like broken tags.

And yes, the preview won't show the renderings.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:41 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:You have to edit your post, don't need to change anything, just submit the edit. This way the bbcode pre-processor can do its thing and flag the bbcode tags with UUIDs, otherwise, it'll get treated like broken tags.

So are you saying I need to post first and then edit tweets in? That sounds strange.

I assume that's not what you mean: the weird thing was that I copypasted the tweet links from other tab straight to reply field so I have no idea why parts of urls would drop out like that.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:52 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:So are you saying I need to post first and then edit tweets in? That sounds strange.

I assume that's not what you mean: the weird thing was that I copypasted the tweet links from other tab straight to reply field so I have no idea why parts of urls would drop out like that.

No.

If you make a post that has bbcode in it, any bbcode, and for some reason the bbcode deems it invalid syntax, me going into the code and fixing the bbcode engine won't suddenly make the bbcode in your post work. Because the bbcode engine pre-processed posts in order to mark valid tags. If, when you made your post, the [twitter] tags were deemed invalid, my fixing the bbcode engine won't suddenly make those tags work. You need to make the bbcode engine re-evaluate your post. One way to do this is to edit it, don't change anything, and click "Submit", this forces the bbcode engine to re-evaluate your tags, and this time, since I've fixed the twitter code, it'll see your tags and say "Oh, I see some [twitter] tags, lemme process them". And then your twitter tags will work. You don't need to do this every time you post. Just the ones that didn't work for you before I fixed the bbcode parsing code.

For example, the post you made in this thread earlier that showed 2 tweets that weren't being formated. When you made that post, the bbcode engine thought the tags were invalid so they weren't rendered. After I fixed the bbcode engine, they still won't show up as being rendered because the pre-processing already happen at the time you made the post. In order for the bbcode engine to re-evaluate the tags as valid, I needed to edit your post. Now they show up fine. And since the parsing has been fixed, you can post tweets with the missing username and it'll work, because I've fixed it, you don't need to go back and edit every post you make.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:05 pm

ahhhh, I see.

Thanks for detailed explanation. :)

trasloco
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby trasloco » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:52 am

I don't like Twitter.. i prefer G+ :D
Live your life!

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:58 am

View Original Posttrasloco wrote:I don't like Twitter.. i prefer G+ :D

We've got a Google emplyee in our midst, folks! :lol:
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:01 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:We've got a Google emplyee in our midst, folks! :lol:

or AKB48 member

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:47 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:

Link's in there.
This isn't processing for me any more (it seems to have lost the username) -- and the URL wants a Twitter log-in to follow if I try it explicitly.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:03 pm

^ I got the samething, I thought it was something only people with an account could access.

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”