Seeing to common misconceptions

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
houtaru
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby houtaru » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:14 am

Yeah, I agree that Asuka may not be anti-social, but I always believed that she pushed people away to protect herself, hence her way of keeping herself free of pain. Isn't that a little like running away to keep yourself free of pain?

Now that I think about it, there really isn't a well adjusted human being in Evangelion is there? Toji and Hikari perhaps? Kaji appears well adjusted, but is he?

Olin of Xephon
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Olin of Xephon » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:31 am

Now that I think about it, there really isn't a well adjusted human being in Evangelion is there? Toji and Hikari perhaps? Kaji appears well adjusted, but is he?

Can any member of the human race be considered well adjusted?

Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Langley » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:43 pm

houtaru wrote:Yeah, I agree that Asuka may not be anti-social, but I always believed that she pushed people away to protect herself, hence her way of keeping herself free of pain. Isn't that a little like running away to keep yourself free of pain?

It's a little like running and a little like hiding.
She puts herself out there and wants attention, but she pushes people away from finding out what she's really like. I'd think it's hiding more.
We'll see whachu' got.

http://xrl.us/ccnh

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:28 pm

Asuka's like Misato she has mostly serface level relation ships and is only really close to a few people.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”