EOE computer screen text

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
HowardBlast
Embryo

EOE computer screen text

•      
  •      

Postby HowardBlast » Wed May 30, 2012 12:21 am

At about 8:09 into End of Eva (at least in the dvd I'm watching), Misato is reading this long amount of English text on a computer screen and says something like, "So this is what happened at Second Impact." I'm trying to read it, but not doing too great at deciphering it exactly. Wonder if anyone out there has already payed attention to this and written it all down.
What I could read seemed like a little bio of Gainax as a studio since it mentions things like Aim for the Top! and stuff, however it seems to be semi-fictional since it incorporates terms from Evangelion. Anyway, whatever anyone knows please tell.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed May 30, 2012 12:33 am

Take a look at this thread starting about here: http://forum.evageeks.org/post/4592/Second-Impact/#4592

A few posts after that someone tried to make a transcript.

Number 44
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Number 44 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:24 am

Based on this new information, I went back and viewed Otaku no Video again last night.

By combining the information presented in both works, I can only conclude that Evangelion is actually designed to spread-the-message, to "Evangelize" the world with the Otaku culture.

No, I'm serious here.

So the "the true form of evangelized humanity", as quoted from SEELE prayer in EoE, would a single being in a closed off world. After all each of the angels in Evangelions fit this description of being single being in a closed off world. Shinji in the end of TV episode 25 is described as having created a closed off world, where no one but himself can exist, to protect his few pleasures. Kaworu describes the AT field as a sacred space where no one can invade. Is it coincidence that in Otaku no Video, Otaku are described the exact same way?

When you combine that with the movie theater footage from EoE, which is footage from a showing of Death and Rebirth, a no doubt largely Otaku crowd, combined with the dialog about "trying to use fantasy to escape from reality", and a "world were you don't exist", I really wonder.

Does this make Rebuild, NME if you prefer, third inpact? Was Evangelion suppose to be the death of Otuku culture, or the revival of it.

Or am I just full of crap?
No matter how many times you watch your copy of End of Evangelion, the ending is not going to change.

SenorSquiid
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SenorSquiid » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:26 pm

It's an in-joke. Evangelion has a component that is a comment on Otaku culture, but that's a pretty small area to focus on for such a big story. it's a totally legit reading, but probably the least tasteful one.
fnord

---
I will never stop trashing Magma Diver.
Ever.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”