PMs as threads?

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

PMs as threads?

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon May 28, 2012 10:20 pm

I've been trying to go back through some PM conversations and finding it incredibly annoying to have to keep flipping back and forth between different folders to follow the whole conversation. I'm wondering why PMs aren't set up the same as forum threads, with replies back and forth simply placed in order.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon May 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Nope, there's nothing that ties individual PMs together like a thread. The phpbb system is setup with a table of posts that are made, and they're tied together using a table of threads, otherwise, there's no order or continuity. With PM's there's no such thing so you're on your own, unfortunately.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon May 28, 2012 10:36 pm

I'm not asking if it can be done that after the fact, just wondering if it would be possible to alter it to work on the same system as the rest of the forum but only visible to the participants. Or perhaps a parallel system? invite-only threads would also allow for multi-party PM conversations and possibly lessen clutter in the public available areas.

Probably can't be done under the current framework, just thinking out loud.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue May 29, 2012 10:53 am

Just do what I do. Always reply with a quote.

Yo dog, I heard you like quotes...

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”