Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Anime Works Question

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:29 pm

I have bought three anime collections from the company Anime Works (The Twelve Kingdoms 1 & 2 and Season one of Rurouni Kenshin). With each of the collections I have had to return the collections to the store and exchange them as there were errors on some of the discs, and not minor ones either. Most of the errors made the discs unplayable. Now I don’t know if I was just unlucky as the replacements I got for each series seem to work fine or if this is a common thing for said company. So I was wondering if any of you have had similar type problems with DVDs from that company.
Thanks.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:47 pm

I highly recommed taking a look on AnimeOnDVD. The site has a lot of usefull information about various technical problems like yours.

http://www.animeondvd.com/

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby TheBlueTree » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:54 pm

I watched samuria X then uhg sadly i watched the movie (bad idea) and it worked fine for me... though i think the series is differnt from the ova... is the series like the movie or the ova... cus the movie fucking blows in compairison.
Mr. Bud
"Suits? You've got to be kidding me.
Mighty Morphin' Ev-an-gel-i-ooooonnnn!"

Seele 08
"Is it a sign that you might be an otaku when your betta fish are all named after anime characters? One betta is named....Gendo. No wonder my mom and freinds think I'm a nut case."

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:41 am

TheBlueTree wrote:I watched samuria X then uhg sadly i watched the movie (bad idea) and it worked fine for me... though i think the series is differnt from the ova... is the series like the movie or the ova... cus the movie fucking blows in compairison.

This topic is about issues with DVDs, not whether you think Samurai X: The Movie fucking blows. Please stay on topic in the future.

Vulkurt
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Vulkurt » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:22 pm

I've got a few things by Anime Works (Midori Days and Genshiken) and never have run into problems with playing them.
Done. Guarding.

Return to “Anime and Manga”