Eva spin-offs you wouldn't mind being made

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Tribblepoo
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Tribblepoo » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:53 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:Kensuke & Toji's Erotic Adventure.

I can't believe I originally read it this way...

Anyway...

Personally, I'd love it if an adaptation was made of Gary Landsman's famous fanfic "Nobody Dies". I do have my minor problems with this, but as far as an AU spinoff goes, this would be excellent.

A canon spinoff I would like to see is a one-shot. "A Day in the Life of Rei Ayanami", done in the style of "Freeman's Mind" (look it up on Youtube). A first person POV of the thoughts of Rei as she wakes up, does her morning routine, go to school, stares out the window, goes to NERV, goes home, then goes to bed.

Another spinoff I would like to see (that we actually did see a peek of) is the "slice of life" that was seen in Ep 26 (or was it 25). Something short, perhaps 3-6 episodes long.
"Having sex with extreme gas must be how the Scots came up with the idea for bagpipes."

classified-zerogoki
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby classified-zerogoki » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:26 pm

Rebuild of Rebuild of Evangelion
"CHAAANGE! EVA TRAIN! SWITCH ON!"
-Asuka, After The End Audio Drama
Evangelion is Serious Business.
Kaworu x Asuka OTP!

Tribblepoo
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Tribblepoo » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:29 pm

View Original Postclassified-zerogoki wrote:Rebuild of Rebuild of Evangelion

Incegelion? Or would that be Evanception?

I would vote for DiCaprio to play Maya Ibuki...wait...

Now my brain hurts.
"Having sex with extreme gas must be how the Scots came up with the idea for bagpipes."

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:35 pm

View Original PostTribblepoo wrote:I can't believe I originally read it this way...

:freud:

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:33 pm

Evangelion: The nordic adventures.

Evangelions: Nordic Longboats with a soul type thing
Pilots: captains of each ship.
A.T Field: Generated by the longboats and controlled by nord warlocks (who also allow the pilots to keep in touch with their CO's).

This would be awesome.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Ceimoa Nan
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ceimoa Nan » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:49 am

I would like to see a side-series that spans the same timeframe as NGE, but from Asuka's perspective. What NGE is to Shinji, this series is to Asuka. The series begins with Nerv-03 reacting to Sachiel's appearance in Japan, and the next six episodes cover Asuka's preparations before leaving for Japan. Episodes 8-26 cover the same events as in the respective NGE episodes, but with more emphasis on Asuka. We see Asuka on her date in Episode 15; we see Asuka wandering the countryside like Shinji did before winding up in the bathtub in Episode 24; we see everyone, including Shinji and Kyoko, congratulating Asuka before she says thank you at the end of Episode 26. We hear more of her thoughts and see more of her history through flashbacks. In scenes showing exactly the same thing as what happened in NGE... the camera angle is changed? Oh, and she gets her version of EoE, too.

I'd also like to see a Beginning of Evangelion movie, including the stuff other people have listed... the Katsuragi Expedition, the contact experiments, more of the college years. For some reason one thing I'm keen on seeing is Yui's dive suit, after seeing a screen capture of it on the Commentary Project.

And both the Asuka side-series and BoE should have circa 1997 animation quality.

On a less serious note... are you all familiar with the After the End audio drama? I'd like six episodes or so of a serious attempt at the suggestions given there, all mashed together. Just what would Rei and Asuka's excessively fan-servicing plug suits have looked like? What would a sedan, a bullet train, and a warship look like with an Eva aesthetic? While combining into a giant sumo wrestler? While battling the Black God's Angels on Mars, and then the Space Black God in space? With the Children occasionally ejecting from their Evas and battling in person as a sentai team? It'd work. In context.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:21 pm

View Original PostCeimoa Nan wrote:Just what would Rei and Asuka's excessively fan-servicing plug suits have looked like?
Have you seen the new test-suit in the last Rebuild movie? That's why a lot of people have already been suggesting that Nekomimi Pirate Asuka is shooting at the Black Space God in the 3.0 trailer.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:58 pm

A spin off that sheds more light on SEELE would be a good one, also the misadventures of Aoba.
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Xana
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Xana » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:24 pm

Rei Ayanami: The Movie (lol lame name) - A two hour animated film focusing on Rei's daily adventures in Tokyo-3 and revealing some of the more ... ummm, intimate details about her life that we don't know about. Does she snore? Does she wet her bed? Does she keep a pair of Gendo's unwashed underwear under her bed? Is she ticklish? What else goes on in her apartment when she's alone? Those are among the many things I'm curious about.

Rei Ayanami vs. zombies

Baby Asuka - I just want to see Asuka as a baby :kawaii: ; seeing her as a little girl was not enough, I want new-born, weeks-old Asuka.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:26 pm

Gendo Ikari's day off
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:34 pm

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:Gendo Ikari's day off

:worship: /thread

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:55 pm

Toji becomes a pro-basketball player, on account of the manager being an amputee fetishist.

Hikari shamefully and steamily degrades herself before corrupt corporate executives to get the highest rated cooking show on TV.

Kensuke and his intrepid camera crew go into a dark forest to do a documentary on a local legend about a witch, but discover it was only the boring old teacher, who is now a senile drag queen.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:58 pm

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:Hikari shamefully and steamily degrades herself before corrupt corporate executives to get the highest rated cooking show on TV.

Hikari can be the newer, younger Nigella Lawson.

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:Kensuke and his intrepid camera crew go into a dark forest to do a documentary on a local legend about a witch, but discover it was only the boring old teacher, who is now a senile drag queen.

It's as if I've read this before but I'm not sure where
Voluntary Illusion.

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:41 pm

You Can (Not) Overtake: Asuka, Shinji and Rei are let loose on Fuji Speedway, seeing as Suzuka Circuit would be submerged after Second Impact. :(

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:37 pm

View Original PostXana wrote:Baby Asuka - I just want to see Asuka as a baby :kawaii: ; seeing her as a little girl was not enough, I want new-born, weeks-old Asuka.

EVANGELION BABIES
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

CyberXIII
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby CyberXIII » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:53 pm

I'd like to see a video game (WITH SOME EFFORT PUT IN) following the narrative that adapted the various other spinoff materials (Girlfriend of Steel, the various Manga, Rebuild, etc.) along with the original show to give us a distillation of the story in a new form. The game should be in the style of Zone of the Enders-style robot fights.

Failing that, I'd love to see the Eva cast in Silent Hill.
"Crapsack worlds and anti heroes have their place. Sometimes, they are very necessary. But an endless diet of dreary cyberpunk and dark fantasy won't do us any more favors than an endless feast of glurge. I'd argue that the cynical nature of these really hurt our ability to hope and work for better. It gets us to accept the hopelessness and jaded outlook of things as 'That's the way it is. I can't change it,' and stops us from fighting when we NEED to fight."

I am ask-shinji-ikari on tumblr.com. Feel free to ask me questions!

User-iel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby User-iel » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:23 am

View Original PostBomby von Bombsville wrote:The Ayanami Rei Late Night Talk Show.

Man, that would be strange.

View Original PostCJD wrote:I'm trying to imagine her doing a Letterman intro, with all the jokes and the band and everything. It's uhh, not working out so well.

The show opens with twelve or so notes of "Rei II" played in a swing/jazz band style, terminated by a hand gesture from Rei. It would absolutely work well... if she's ordered to. As the show rolls, we get some behind-the-scenes camera angles of the Producer and Director, Editor, band leader, three camera operators, all NGE characters is the analogous roles. Furthermore, I can't imagine too many entertainment figures that could last for a half hour under Rei's gaze. Oh, they'll talk all right. Naturally, the couch gets replaced with a train bench during the second episode.

Xana
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Xana » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:34 am

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:EVANGELION BABIES

Your Sim Rei avatar made this creepy to read; the fact that it's in caps didn't help, either =D

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:07 am

View Original PostXana wrote:Your Sim Rei avatar made this creepy to read; the fact that it's in caps didn't help, either =D

I found the idea creepy even before Chucky Rei :lol:.

As for an idea: I think seeing a bit more of the techies (Aoba, Maya and Hyuga) Could be interesting.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:41 am

View Original PostCyberXIII wrote:Failing that, I'd love to see the Eva cast in Silent Hill.

I think they'd kill themselves not even a quarter way through.

Shinji: Cause he'd a pussy.
Asuka: The creepy people would use her past against her.
Rei: They would convince her that she is absolutely useless, and that she should end her life to be out of the way of others.

It'd be even better if Gendo was one of the perpetrators.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”