Eva spin-offs you wouldn't mind being made

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:29 pm

View Original Postelmergantry wrote:[How about a spinoff with kid Kaworu in the style of Yotsuba&!? With kittens of course :3]

The first thing I think of when I see that name is that corporation from Death Note.

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:00 pm

I would just like a short 3 episode OVA.

EP 1. A slice of life featuring Misato, Kaji and Ritsuko in college

EP 2. A back-story episode about Gendo and Yui involving the initial intentions for the construction of the evangelions.

EP 3. A Random one day episode (with no Angel attacks) about Shinjis and Kaworus life as normal school students [Throw in Asuka there too for fun]

Make each like 45min-1:00hour and I would be a happy person :)

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:09 pm

View Original PostStan wrote:I would just like a short 3 episode OVA.

EP 1. A slice of life featuring Misato, Kaji and Ritsuko in college

EP 2. A back-story episode about Gendo and Yui involving the initial intentions for the construction of the evangelions.

EP 3. A Random one day episode (with no Angel attacks) about Shinjis and Kaworus life as normal school students [Throw in Asuka there too for fun]

Make each like 45min-1:00hour and I would be a happy person :)

Number 3 wouldn't work unless it was an AU.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:23 pm

AU?

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:27 pm

View Original PostStan wrote:AU?

Alternate universe. Kaworu never attended school and Asuka was sedated from before he arrived to after he died.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:07 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Number 3 wouldn't work unless it was an AU.
*cough* the manga *cough*
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:10 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:*cough* the manga *cough*

Not only the manga, early scripts of the last episodes and the Proposal could also host a similar scenario. I don't know if we can call them "AU" too.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:53 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:*cough* the manga *cough*

Said AU, no?

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:57 pm

A sitcom headlining Misato, Kaji, and Ritsuko's college days oughtta be nice.

Nyanlathotep
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Nyanlathotep » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:58 am

I made this in like two minutes for a school project, but the more I think about it the more I actually like the idea of it.

"It" being the idea of an AU where the Evas are all inexplicably Teddy Roosevelt.

http://homestuckhypertextualityproject.tumblr.com/post/36933493696/josh-examine-poster
開いたばかりの花が散るのを
見ていた木立の遣る瀬無きかな

Tribblepoo
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Tribblepoo » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:33 am

View Original PostNyanlathotep wrote:I made this in like two minutes for a school project, but the more I think about it the more I actually like the idea of it.

"It" being the idea of an AU where the Evas are all inexplicably Teddy Roosevelt.

http://homestuckhypertextualityproject.tumblr.com/post/36933493696/josh-examine-poster

That...what? I have no words for this other than a really, really bad idea...

"GNR actually stands for
Giant...
...Naked...
...Roosevelt."
"Having sex with extreme gas must be how the Scots came up with the idea for bagpipes."

hwdge
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby hwdge » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:37 am

A series about the creation of the first eva and all the people related

Tribblepoo
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Tribblepoo » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:52 am

View Original Posthwdge wrote:A series about the creation of the first eva and all the people related

There were a lot of failures before Unit 00. A series about trying to make a viable eva would be a good one though. It would be a nice series seeing the personal dramas of the Ikaris and Akagis doing their best to lay the groundwork for the end of the world.
"Having sex with extreme gas must be how the Scots came up with the idea for bagpipes."

Nyanlathotep
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Nyanlathotep » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:35 am

View Original PostTribblepoo wrote:That...what? I have no words for this other than a really, really bad idea...

"GNR actually stands for
Giant...
...Naked...
...Roosevelt."

It would be fitting with the revelation that Rei is a clone of Shinji's mother, Theodore Roosevelt.
開いたばかりの花が散るのを
見ていた木立の遣る瀬無きかな

Chrad
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Chrad » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:20 am

A live action film set long after EoE. Think the cut live-action sequence of EoE (except Shinji exists in this one) or Anno's live-action work.

No Evas or angels, no big sci-fi concepts. Just characters and their relationships and their problems.

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:44 pm

An alternate Reality Eva where it's a fighting tournement. The 3 main pilots are forced into a team, and fight to win in said tournement. Shinji is the one who doesn't want to fight, and normally isn't very good. But he can go berserk and be a truly terrifying opponent. Asuka is the cocky one who has to learn to rely on her team mates. Rei is the one who figures out the secrets of her foes techniques, and exploits the flaws to beat them.

A version of Eva where Asuka arrives in Tokyo 3 before Shinji. How would this affect events? Or charecter relationships. For example would her relationship with Rei be different if she first met her when she was injured? If she really were the veteran ace taking the newbie under her wing, how would things be different with Shinji? Etc.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:14 am

View Original PostDarkwing wrote:An alternate Reality Eva where it's a fighting tournement. The 3 main pilots are forced into a team, and fight to win in said tournement. Shinji is the one who doesn't want to fight, and normally isn't very good. But he can go berserk and be a truly terrifying opponent. Asuka is the cocky one who has to learn to rely on her team mates. Rei is the one who figures out the secrets of her foes techniques, and exploits the flaws to beat them.

With or without Evangelions? I've been thinking about Mobile Fighter G Eva while reading it.
View Original PostDarkwing wrote:A version of Eva where Asuka arrives in Tokyo 3 before Shinji. How would this affect events? Or charecter relationships. For example would her relationship with Rei be different if she first met her when she was injured? If she really were the veteran ace taking the newbie under her wing, how would things be different with Shinji? Etc.

Or without Shinji at all and AsukaxRei yuri all day, everyday. :lol:
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:55 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:With or without Evangelions? I've been thinking about Mobile Fighter G Eva while reading it.

Without.
But appropriate you mention G Gundam. I can see a plot line where a device gets made that drives Shinji into his berserks. And the Eva team has befriended the team of Toji, Kensuke and Hikari...

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Or without Shinji at all and AsukaxRei yuri all day, everyday. :lol:

Well it could go that way. Or OT3. But what about poor Mari if she gets used?
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:01 am

Believe it or not, I wouldn't mind it if they made a series focusing on Pen Pen. What is it about the little guy that makes him so fascinating?

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:01 pm

View Original PostRei IV wrote:Believe it or not, I wouldn't mind it if they made a series focusing on Pen Pen. What is it about the little guy that makes him so fascinating?

The fact that he is actually the mastermind behind everything that happened in Evangelion.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”