Would you take their place?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
poetic_assassin
Shamshel
Shamshel

Would you take their place?

•      
  •      

Postby poetic_assassin » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:49 pm

Who in here would honestly take the place of an Eva pilot? Not for fun or your own gain, but for defending NERVE against the angels. Anyone?

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:27 pm

For all our idiosyncracies, I doubt anyone on these boards qualifies as mentally unbalanced enough to pilot an Eva.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

darth_mark
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby darth_mark » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:02 pm

we may not get along all that well but i wouldn't want my mom absorbed into an eva.
"Let's Instrumentality! <3" - SEELE

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:50 pm

I probably would, yeah. Darth Mark raises a point though.
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:58 pm

I'd jump at the chance to pilot one.

beramodk
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby beramodk » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:50 pm

i would want my mom to become a god...... then i'll be.. jesus?

darth_mark
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby darth_mark » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:50 pm

as cool as it sounds to be kickin' some angel ass in an eva, being in such close proximity to something that has my mother's soul is just so... icky.

plus you can't really bring a date in one of those things to show off how cool your wicked new eva is, well.. you could.. but again with the icky.
"Let's Instrumentality! <3" - SEELE

poetic_assassin
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby poetic_assassin » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:28 pm

Who else thinks that Shinji would gladly take the place of any of us?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:10 pm

darth_mark wrote:as cool as it sounds to be kickin' some angel ass in an eva, being in such close proximity to something that has my mother's soul is just so... icky..

Yep - one gets too old for that sort of a return to the womb. That's before you look at all the other down-sides, like the hurry-up-and-wait, the synch tests, having to hawk up all the LCL after each synch, the synched-up pain in combat...

@poetic_assassin
Not all of us, I don't think.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

AcesHigh
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby AcesHigh » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:03 pm

I agree, they're always having to run tedious tests and those system checks. The pilots almost live at NERV..

Kyle
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kyle » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:13 pm

ah hell id take shins place.he probably wouldnt let me but id just punch him in the face and say its for your own mental well being and hop in the plug.id even live through EOE hopital scene and all......yeah i said it,what?
"It's good to have team mates...it gives them other people to shoot at."-Unknown.

"Who dare's,wins"-SAS motto

K2Grey
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby K2Grey » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:58 pm

Hell no! You'd have to be a retard to want to be an Eva pilot (either that or really, really brave).

At the moment I am considering the battle vs. the 3rd angel and whether or not I would be able to hang on for the 45 or so seconds of being ripped through the midsection with energy tentacles before the angel finally dies. I figure this is impossible to answer ahead of time, but it surely would absolutely suck (and it is really impressive how Shinji returned to piloting after that).

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Ryo » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:12 am

K2Grey wrote:Hell no! You'd have to be a retard to want to be an Eva pilot (either that or really, really brave).

At the moment I am considering the battle vs. the 3rd angel and whether or not I would be able to hang on for the 45 or so seconds of being ripped through the midsection with energy tentacles before the angel finally dies. I figure this is impossible to answer ahead of time, but it surely would absolutely suck (and it is really impressive how Shinji returned to piloting after that).

Seconded, very much so.
Asuka > Rei

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:35 am

Not for fun or your own gain

I dunno if you take away those two reasons, I feel kind of apathetic towards doing most things including piloting an eva. I think without those two reasons my answer would be a maybe. Then again the angels are trying to do something that would result in third impact, and that would be inconvenient. So I guess if you took away those two reasons I'd only do it if there wasn't anyone better for the job.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Faußtin » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:36 am

poetic_assassin wrote:Who in here would honestly take the place of an Eva pilot? Not for fun or your own gain, but for defending NERVE against the angels. Anyone?

Well... I'd do it. But only if I can have two double chainsaws... :twisted:... And don't fool yourself: I'm serious. And - compared to the ordinary children and even to adults of today - I'm mad. To be honest, I know, that in truth, an Angel's sight would scare the shit out of me... :wink: :D . But maybe some training would help on this. And I agree with Darth Mark, in both times. I'd hate to put my mom in such a... bad place. And probably I don't have the biological requirements to be a pilot. But I'm a hundred percent sure that I'd give it a try.

poetic_assassin wrote:Who else thinks that Shinji would gladly take the place of any of us?

Well, I was thinking about an explanation, but I know that this is not a place to discuss it, so I'd simply say: no. If he knows everything, that is. If he naively trades his life with mine, I think that'd be a very evil thing of me to do.
:twisted: !!!HELL IS FUN!!! :twisted:

Six Winged Angel
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Six Winged Angel » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:24 pm

It would be fun to get into an Eva and go for a walk around the country but NO, no fighting angels :P
~But someday you will come to understand that on your back, there are wings with which you can fly on the distant future.

Kyle
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kyle » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:45 pm

Six Winged Angel wrote:It would be fun to get into an Eva and go for a walk around the country but NO, no fighting angels :P

But you GOT to fight angels man! That's the ONLY reason eva's exsist!
OH let's just go walk around the country side in a big ass robot destroying public property for no reason!BULLSHIT.

Im not trying to make fun of you or anything but that just seem's like a stupid use for an eva.About piloting an eva,it's just one of those thing's where you just gotta say "fuck it" and do your best no question's asked.
"It's good to have team mates...it gives them other people to shoot at."-Unknown.

"Who dare's,wins"-SAS motto

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:33 pm

OH let's just go walk around the country side in a big ass robot destroying public property for no reason!BULLSHIT.

That actually sounds like a lot of fun. I'd go and steal the rooftops off all the Mcdonalds and make a giant pyramid of SUV's that I'd roll giant boulders at!
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Six Winged Angel
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Six Winged Angel » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:08 am

why...?
Greece-UK in less than 2 hours! :cry: :P

I was not serious of course! :roll: :wink:
~But someday you will come to understand that on your back, there are wings with which you can fly on the distant future.

Hand of God
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Hand of God » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:55 am

I would take over any time and would kick ass and take names!
the world is just a sick and twisted place

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”