[LAEM] Peter Jackson

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

Winslow Leach
Adam

Peter Jackson

Postby Winslow Leach » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:43 pm

Okay, people, after seeing King Kong, I AM NOW THROUGLY CONVINCED. Peter Jackson MUST direct this film(s). Not only would he create one of the incredible visual experiances ever but he would also focus quite a bit on the characters and their internal strife as well. He's great with actors (unlike a certain other director by the name of George) and would probably wring great performances out of the kids who end up playing Shinji, Rei and Asuka.

Plus, I trust him enough after Lord of the Rings in that he wouldn't hack the show to bits and would at least stick to the theme of the show. He made quite a few changes to Lord of the Rings but most of those changes were just to make the story work better in the medium of cinema. If he hadn't gotten rid of Tom Bombadil Fellowship of the Ring would have run like 5 hours long. If he hadn't put Shelob into Return of the King the film would have consisted of Frodo and Sam trudging through Mordor for three hours. And keeping the Scouring of the Shire in would have totally put off and confused the audiences (and not to mention made the film run about six hours long). So yeah, PJ will certainly dispense with the less important stuff but will undoutedly keep most of the important subplots (unlike in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire) and details. So yeah, PJ all the way.
Last edited by Winslow Leach on Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:05 am

That would be nice, but provided Evangelion did become a huge undertaking, you can be sure he would jump ship. He's stated publicly numerous times that while he was glad to have worked on Lord of the Rings, he doesn't want to do anything like that ever again. That's part of why he's only producing Halo. Take a look at photos of Peter Jackson from Lord of the Rings, and then take a look at what he looks like now. It's quite astonishing.

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby TheBlueTree » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:44 am

Absublutly NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He has 0 knowlege of Eva atall!!!!! If anything Anno should do it! Just cus he can direct speshal effects doesnt mean he can make a good story. (personaly.... didnt like the 2nd and 3rd lotr, way to long and boring)
Mr. Bud
"Suits? You've got to be kidding me.
Mighty Morphin' Ev-an-gel-i-ooooonnnn!"

Seele 08
"Is it a sign that you might be an otaku when your betta fish are all named after anime characters? One betta is named....Gendo. No wonder my mom and freinds think I'm a nut case."

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:40 pm

You don't talk anymore.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Winslow Leach
Adam

Postby Winslow Leach » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:53 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:You don't talk anymore.

Thank you.

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby TheBlueTree » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:40 pm

pft... sure blot me out cus I bash the lotr. I'm just saying I'd never let him near the project without forcing him to watch the series and movies 10 times then spending the next 2 years reading all the eva threads out on eva monkey (well the informitive and meaningful ones :P) and other good eva sites.
Mr. Bud

Seele 08
"Is it a sign that you might be an otaku when your betta fish are all named after anime characters? One betta is named....Gendo. No wonder my mom and freinds think I'm a nut case."

Phoenix Feet
Adam

Postby Phoenix Feet » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:54 pm

He's right about Peter Jackson though. I ran into Peter down the shops, and I asked him "Do you know what Neon Genesis is?" and he thought it was a foot cream.

ThroneofDravaris
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ThroneofDravaris » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:56 am

Considering you live in Australia, I find it hard to believe that you ran into Peter Jackson…
BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND

Phoenix Feet
Adam

Postby Phoenix Feet » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:06 am

This was back when they were shooting LOTR. I was taking a wander over the Australia/New Zealand bridge and stopped at a shop to by some kiwifruit, and there was Peter. He was buying ham for Orlando Bloom.

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Space Penis » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:23 am

I certainly would not want Jackson directing or producing an Eva movie. I don't know about King Kong, but in LOTR he took a lot of liberties in his retelling, and I would certainly not like to see the same done to Eva.
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

ThroneofDravaris
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ThroneofDravaris » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:28 am

Phoenix Feet wrote:This was back when they were shooting LOTR. I was taking a wander over the Australia/New Zealand bridge and stopped at a shop to by some kiwifruit, and there was Peter. He was buying ham for Orlando Bloom.

...but...bridge..Or...

*head explodes*
BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:53 pm

I wouldn't claim the opinion that King Kong was a perfect film, but I'm afraid it does prove that its helmsman is the best viable option at this time. However, as EM pointed out, he's displayed personal workload sentiments which would seem to bar him from the project.

Pehaps he might permit himself to work on only the first one, and then pass the torch around once the ball got rolling, sort of like what's happened with Columbus and the Harry Potter films.

P.S., Don't hijack this thread for bullshitting.

_get some help

Phoenix Feet
Adam

Postby Phoenix Feet » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:10 am

OK then.

I don't think the director on his/her own is going to make or break this film. The most important thing the director needs to have is a very clear picture of what he wants. After that he's got to rely on the rest of his crew to execute it properly. EVA could easily get very confusing if he doesn't know exactly where he's going.

Cogboy
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Cogboy » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:23 am

Phoenix Feet wrote:OK then.

I don't think the director on his/her own is going to make or break this film.

Maybe not, but they will certainly have a very big part in it, probably the biggest.

And at this point i would also pick Jackson for the role. He seems to show an understanding and apreciation of existing works that is extremely rare.
"My point? "Sick and Depraved" is a banana." - Soluzar.

"I have those frameless glasses and shit. And emo glasses, but I broke them 'cause I got angry. :( " - Shnooks.

"Old quotes are old" - Cogboy

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:32 pm

What's more is that with the eminence he has come to command so quickly, he is likely to hold the most weight without the trouble of being reined in by doubters, prudes, or dimwits. Who's going to tell fucking Peter Jackson what to do at this point?

_get some help

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby TheBlueTree » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:09 am

Well if he ever did direct it, and if he ever did take those super liberties such as lotr to make a better looking film over original story (dont shoot me just yet like I know you gana :P) I'd have to give him a taste of curb lol. Just like me and you, we dont want our eva baby hurt lol. BUT if he did direct it I'd send him to Anno just for pointers, since it's his story he'd know best how to put it along without messing the whole thing up. Basicaly I think the only person really capable of doing it right is Anno but thats just me (as i dont see any Anno threads :P)
Mr. Bud

Seele 08

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:15 pm

It's not my Eva baby. It's the director's. Uwe Boll's House of the Dead movie is Uwe Boll's baby, not the game's fans'. If Anno wanted to direct, he would, but he doesn't, so he won't, and all of the wanting and wishing you can muster won't con him into doing it, either.

_get some help

Cogboy
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Cogboy » Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:00 am

God i hate Uwe Boll.
"My point? "Sick and Depraved" is a banana." - Soluzar.

"I have those frameless glasses and shit. And emo glasses, but I broke them 'cause I got angry. :( " - Shnooks.

"Old quotes are old" - Cogboy

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:36 pm

We all do, Tails. We all do.

_get some help

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby TheBlueTree » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:06 pm

I know he wont direct it... but isn't it nice to dream :P
Mr. Bud

Seele 08

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”