My confusion over episode 15 and the Lilith wiki page

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

My confusion over episode 15 and the Lilith wiki page

•      
  •      

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:52 pm

I was watching episode 15 and around the end of the episode it has Kaji down in terminal dogma, and Misato sneaks up behind him with a gun. Kaji reveals to Misato that he is a government agent, and tells her that he is not the only one keeping secrets. he opens the doors leading into the top secret room, and shows Misato what is inside. he tells her that the angel inside the room is Adam, but the wiki (and everything else) tells me that it is Lilith. I'm quite confused over this so can anyone explain to me what the story is?

Sephizim
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sephizim » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:09 am

The fact is yes, that is Lilith. Kaji was either given false information, or came to false conclusions about the nature of the being in Terminal Dogma. He knows NERV has Adam (since he gave Gendo the sample), and most likely figured they had managed to return it to a giant-like stage. What this does is establish Kaji as a character who looks like he has everything figured out, until the end, where you realize that he was just as blind to the truth as most of the other characters. The reveal of the Terminal Dogma giant as Lilith is supposed to be a surprise to the audience when Kaworu figures it out it in episode 24.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:59 pm

The dogma giant is Lilith. Either Kaji was mistaken about the giant being Adam (which isn't very likely), or he didn't want to let Misato know that it was Lilith at that point of time. The script for the episode clearly identifies the giant as Lilith and gives a whole paragraph of explanation while Kaji calls it "Adam" in dialogue. Like Sephizim said, the misinformation sets up Lilith's identity in Episode 24 as a surprise.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:58 pm

Thank you.

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”