Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Re: News of Anime in Japan

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:47 pm

http://www.openculture.com/2016/09/h-p- ... impse.html

Mark it on your calendars. 2018 will bring an anime adaptation of the popular card game Force of Will. An omnibus collection of six animations, the film will include one short created by Shuhei Morita, whose 2013 animation “Possessions” already earned him an Academy Award nomination. Morita’s next task–to bring to life H.P. Lovecraft’s “Cthulhu.” We’ve previously highlighted Lovecraft’s 1934 drawings of the monster to which he gave literary life in 1928. (See “The Call of Cthulhu.“) Above, catch a very first glimpse of Morita’s take on the gigantic octopus. Below, in the Relateds, find a good deal of material on Cthulhu–drawings, radio dramatizations and much more.

Clearly taking some inspiration from 'Shadow Over Innsmouth'. You can definitely see the inspiration, the fish looking monster, the character writing her thoughts and slowly descending into more madness the more she writes.

As a fan of Lovecraft I'm looking forward to this.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:26 pm

http://goboiano.com/news/5240-anime-ind ... many-shows

Anime Industry Reaches a Breaking Point as Chief Animator Food Wars! director Mai Matsuura Claims There Are Too Many shows.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:42 am

http://www.otakuusamagazine.com/LatestN ... -8283.aspx

Remember a while back when I posted the link to Joey the Anime Man's discussion of how the animation industry in Japan is practically 3rd world slavery in a 1st world country?

It's back in the news again, though this time a Lawyer with credentials is weighing in and trying to find a solution to the problem that wont cripple the industry for years to come.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:48 am

It's happening!.

SPOILER: Show
Gin dies in episode 3 4.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:07 am

Noooo!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... 3DiFCnqU6t

WHY? Persona 4. The character designs for all of the characters were exactly like they were in the game. But you took akiba's trip a game with great character designs and you turned it into this moe blob crap!?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:07 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:It's happening!.

PV http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x51t8fo

There's some confusion about what is actually being done coming out of Mankai Matsuri 2 right now.

seems to indicate a movie adaptation of one of the associated 4-koma; and there are other reports that seem to indicate movie releases in March, May and July.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:59 pm

You've gotta be kidding me.

http://screenrant.com/studio-ghibli-hay ... etirement/

Hayao Miyazaki is UN-Retiring. AGAIN.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:44 pm

Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:58 pm

I'd like to say I'm surprised. But I'm not.

I'm not saying you CAN'T get more stories out of the Code Geass universe. But resurrecting Lelouche, and making him the main character again is just a bad Idea. His story in the original series ended perfectly, and this undermines it.

This reeks of executive telling the creators to extend the IP so they can milk it for more money. Even if that kills the franchise further down the line.

Souther
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Souther » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:50 am

View Original PostRay wrote:I'd like to say I'm surprised. But I'm not.

I'm not saying you CAN'T get more stories out of the Code Geass universe. But resurrecting Lelouche, and making him the main character again is just a bad Idea. His story in the original series ended perfectly, and this undermines it.

This reeks of executive telling the creators to extend the IP so they can milk it for more money. Even if that kills the franchise further down the line.

If anime has taught me anything, it's that bad ideas can give rise to good ideas. The opposite is also true.

I agree that his original story was over, but that also means there's a risk and a challenge in setting up a new role (or personal arc) for the character in a world where he'd have to face the consequences of his own "final" plan. The plan was good for his character, but was it really the best thing for the world? Some critics have slammed the plan as too naive, so maybe it's a good thing for the creators of the show (or movie, we don't know) to address that. And make money out of it.

It's not immediately obvious how he'd be involved. It all depends on the specifics. If they actually put Lelouch in a more interesting situation than just being a masked rebel or a would-be tyrant again, I wouldn't mind whatever plot device or excuse is used to start the process because that sort of trickery is normal for Code Geass. Good, bad and crazy ideas were always in a shifting balance.

This wasn't their first choice though. They already made one attempt, over four years, to release a new OVA entry (Akito the Exiled) set between both seasons involving different characters and directed/written by the Escaflowne/Noein guy, but while it sold decently people found it either too different or too much of a standard mecha show. That has extended the IP well enough, they could even use some ideas from it for the sequel, but there was no enthusiasm for it. The property needed another shot in the arm. If they use Lelouch as a vehicle to try different things, it may actually be a blessing in disguise.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:18 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZIgCYSn3e8

My Hero Academia Season 2 First Teaser

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:26 am

Pretty cool news from PA Works about an anime they're going to be releasing in April known as Sakura Quest; http://4NN.cx/.109589

Apparently its supposed to be in the same vein as their other series Hanasaku Iroha and Shirobako, both of which I think are pretty excellent. This ones going to be about girls working in tourism. The main girls character design is very nice, though it's a tad of a surprise that she doesn't have orange hair.

With this, SnK season 2 and Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu season 2, 2017 should be a fine year.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:48 am

http://yonkouprod.com/attack-titan-seas ... pril-2017/

Attack On Titan Season 2 will Air in April.

Hopefully Toonami can get the dub on air shortly afterwards.

kuzronk
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kuzronk » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:56 pm

Toonami would be stupid to not give the Space Dandy treatment of it.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:30 am

Nanoha Reflection PV

Even if it does turn out to be "Gears of Destiny : The Movie" it looks more like the sort of thing we wanted instead of the cast-bloated StrikerS. It's just 10 years too late for that.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:15 pm

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... d-campaign

K-ON Commercial and contest tie-in for new Kirin Hyouketsu beverage cancelled over concerns it could drive minors to drink.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:25 pm

I don't really care about Pretty Sammy, it's Megazone 23 that really captures my fancy. Wonderful news indeed!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ks/.112515
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

SoryuUberAlles
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby SoryuUberAlles » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:50 pm

"You're just turning this into a mixture of gibberish and fan service! That's not the Evangelion I know!" - An Asuka, one of many.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:54 am

Who has he ever fooled? He won't retire from animation until he retires from this life altogether.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

SoryuUberAlles
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby SoryuUberAlles » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:08 pm

I thought he'd ascend to ani-heaven after his son finally 'waxed on' with Kokurikozaka kara . The old master can't die until us plebs
STOP
RUINING
ANIME
"You're just turning this into a mixture of gibberish and fan service! That's not the Evangelion I know!" - An Asuka, one of many.

Return to “Anime and Manga”