Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Dima
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:07 pm

I see. Thanks Mr. Tines for explaining this. I am new to Berserk and i try to stay as spoiler free as possible. I watched the TV anime for the first time this summer and since there is almost no chance of a new animation (that's what everybody says anyway) that will cover all the chapters i recently started reading the manga.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

What the fuck?

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:27 am

http://onepunchman.wikia.com/wiki/User_ ... nime%22%3F

This is really happening? REALLY?

Well if these guys stop watching the bad anime, which is most of what the industry makes now days, Saitamas local man saves anime meme could actually become real. Lets just hope that enough people still watch the few good shows that come out.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What the fuck?

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:35 pm

AnimeMaru is the "The Onion" of anime news.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|G+|MAL
SHE WAS ELEVEN YEARS OLD
SHE LIKED TO HELP PEOPLE

Shamsiel-kun
Tabris
Tabris

Re: What the fuck?

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:30 pm

Wait, because the "in-series" image that looks like a bad Photoshop-job wasn't enough of a hint?

Also, based on the title of this thread, I expected something much, much worse. "Moeblob otaku-pandering anime full of stereotypes propagating the greater good of pedophilia between little girls and bald fat men squarely aimed at a mainstream audience of small children"-worse.
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: News of Anime in Japan

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:27 pm

Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|G+|MAL
SHE WAS ELEVEN YEARS OLD
SHE LIKED TO HELP PEOPLE

hui43210
Tabris
Tabris

Re:

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:18 am

View Original PostDima wrote:I see. Thanks Mr. Tines for explaining this. I am new to Berserk and i try to stay as spoiler free as possible. I watched the TV anime for the first time this summer and since there is almost no chance of a new animation (that's what everybody says anyway) that will cover all the chapters i recently started reading the manga.

Everybody can be wrong sometimes,

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... man/.96773
Is the 3.0 spoiler policy gone?.... Cool, then I'm nominating myself as EvaGeeks 1# Sakura Suzuhara fan/nerd.

I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Kazuki_Fuse
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:24 pm

WOOHOO. To say I am excited is understating it.
"Surprise is an insubstantial blade, a sword worthless in war. It breaks when troops rally, it snaps when commanders hold the line, but fear never fades. So let the enemy know we come, let their fears defeat them as everything falls dark, as the worlds sun sets, as the city is wreathed in its final night. Let ten thousand howls promise ten thousand claws. The Night Lords are coming, and no soul that stands against us shall see another dawn"
-excerpt from The Tenebrous Path

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:29 pm

(Sarcasm) Yaaaay. More rape, mutilation, misogyny, hopelessness, and a total all encompassing lack of anything even remotely positive or redeemable.
Last edited by Ray on Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!

Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Giji Shinka
Donor
Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:56 pm

Gurren lagann news: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2015-12-21/gurren-lagann-launches-coming-soon-website/.96774

I hope that it's not a sequel, the series doesn't need one.

EDIT: You can see Konami logo on the poster, Gurren lagann pachinko?
Last edited by Giji Shinka on Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:02 pm

Probably Pachinko -- it usually is.
SHE WAS ELEVEN YEARS OLD
SHE LIKED TO HELP PEOPLE

hui43210
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:03 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:(Sarcasm) Yaaaay. More rape, mutilation, mysogyny, hopelessness, and a total all encompassing lack of anything even remotely positive or redeemable.

As long as its not awful cgi, BRING IT ON!!!!!!!
Is the 3.0 spoiler policy gone?.... Cool, then I'm nominating myself as EvaGeeks 1# Sakura Suzuhara fan/nerd.

I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:42 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:(Sarcasm) Yaaaay. More rape, mutilation, mysogyny, hopelessness, and a total all encompassing lack of anything even remotely positive or redeemable.

Good. As long as it's not CGI. There is actually some positivity if you'd bothered to look beneath the skin.

Kazuki_Fuse
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:58 pm

At least spell the word correctly if your going to accuse something of being anti-women. Which by the way is bullshit. Berserk has some of the strongest, most well thought out female characters in the medium, even if bad things occasionally happen to them.
"Surprise is an insubstantial blade, a sword worthless in war. It breaks when troops rally, it snaps when commanders hold the line, but fear never fades. So let the enemy know we come, let their fears defeat them as everything falls dark, as the worlds sun sets, as the city is wreathed in its final night. Let ten thousand howls promise ten thousand claws. The Night Lords are coming, and no soul that stands against us shall see another dawn"
-excerpt from The Tenebrous Path

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:47 pm

Spell-check always fails me. . .

I have nothing against violence against women in fiction. If it happens in real life, fiction should be able to touch upon it. But what happened to Casca was . . . well it made me sick to my stomach, and what it did to her character after the fact made me drop the whole thing out of sheer absolute disgust.

I'm sorry, but when you see a pig-man in barbarian armor with a woman skewered on his HR Geiger penis followed up a goblin rape orgy where the babies explode out of their mothers wombs in a bloody mess of gore, all of that on top of what happened to Casca at the eclipse. Eventually you just have to say 'that's it, no more, I'm out.'
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!

People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:32 pm

That's kind of the entire point. It's supposed to make you uncomfortable, and it does a damn good job. If someone wasn't horribly disturbed by Casca's treatment in the Eclipse, there's something very wrong with them. That's part of what makes the series so good; it uses shock value to reinforce its themes and characters rather than using it for its own sake like Akame ga Kill! or whatever shitty edgemaster anime gets seasonal popularity. The series is far from misogynistic. Horrible things happen to characters of either sex, yes
SPOILER: Show
Casca was raped and had severe mental trauma because of it
, but so was Guts, who is very much a man. All of these atrocities in the series are not far removed from real life war crimes, albeit with more supernatural elements. Casca, Farnese, Schierke, Jill, Rosine, and Luca are among the most well-written female characters i've seen in manga, period. If you honestly can't see any hope or redeeming elements, then you're really not looking hard enough; the universe isn't going to reward good and punish evil, but doing good will make a difference. It emphasizes the need for friendship and companionship, is very anti-revenge ("Revenge is a place where men who can't deal with their sadness go.") Throughout the series, there is always a glimmer of hope that the surviving characters will get a happy end. It's the entire reason the series is so compelling to so many people.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:31 pm

Spice and Wolf is getting another installment to capitalize on the 10th anniversary.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... ith-sequel

Hooray!

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:32 am

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... tus/.98522

Too worried now where she's going at. Hope she's not using the worst option -- the Mirra Option.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:03 pm

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... tus/.98522

Too worried now where she's going at. Hope she's not using the worst option -- the Mirra Option.

Is this due to scandal or personal tragedy? It sounds like the latter, which would be a shame. None of our business either way I suppose.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:16 pm

I just hope it's not another Aya Hirano level controversy.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:18 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:I just hope it's not another Aya Hirano level controversy.

I'm hoping it is, because if it is she'll have a chance to recover (as Hirano herself has). If it's because she has cancer or something the lack of controversy is nice and all but the personal consequences are far, far greater. Better the end of a career than the end of a life.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Return to “Anime and Manga”