Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Joseki
Lilin
Lilin

Re: News of Anime in Japan

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:41 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:Don't hold out much hope in any continuation of the Highschool of the Dead manga according to it's artist especially with no input from the deceased creative writer's end.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/intere ... on/.140602

Highschool of the Dead was the first anime I watched because I wanted and not because I found it on TV. I'll treasure it in my heart forever even if it remains incompleted. God bless the author.

Shinkai's new movie announced.

"In the film's story, high school student Hodaka leaves his home on an isolated island and moves to Tokyo, but he immediately becomes broke. He lives his days in isolation, but finally finds a job as a writer for a shady occult magazine. After he starts his job, the weather has been rainy day after day. In a corner of the crowded and busy city, Hodaka meets a young woman named Hina. Due to certain circumstances, Hina and her younger brother live together, but have a cheerful and sturdy life. Hina also has a certain power: the power to stop the rain and clear the sky. "

Can't wait to see them falling in love, fighting the obstacle that makes their relationship impossible and deal with some supernatural stuff with some very cool visual effects like in every other movie he's done before.
Last edited by Joseki on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
「希望は残っているよ。どんな時にもね」

29/07/2017 - 20/07/2018

Gus Hanson
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:12 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Highschool of the Dead was the first anime I watched because I wanted and not because I found on TV. I'll treasure it in my heart forever if it remains incompleted. God bless the author.

If it's any consolation, the illustrator behind it is still working on Triage X and said that he plans to end it with volume 21:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... me/.140671
And so Javert, you see it's true. This man bears no more guilt than you! Who am I? TWO-FOUR-SIX-OH-OOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! - Jean Valjean (Les Miserables)

Gus Hanson
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:38 pm

For those kinky minds out there interested, Critical Mass is re-releasing Anyone You Can Do, I Can Do Better on Blu Ray:
https://www.rightstufanime.com/Anyone-Y ... er-Blu-ray

Hopefully, this means we see the rest of their catalog given the same treatment in the near future. :wink:
And so Javert, you see it's true. This man bears no more guilt than you! Who am I? TWO-FOUR-SIX-OH-OOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! - Jean Valjean (Les Miserables)

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:47 pm

So it seems we're getting an adaptation of the "Do you even lift, bro?" manga (Danberu Nan Kiro Moteru?) from Dogakobo this summer -- https://natalie.mu/comic/news/316090 Are you ready for cute girls lifting cute weights? I know I am.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|t|MAL
Avatar: Inamori Mika "Mikan" b 24-Dec-2018

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:20 pm

^ That's actually a genre of manga let alone anime? Huh... that's interesting.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Return to “Anime and Manga”