A couple Reiquarium pictures in more detail

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:45 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

someguy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby someguy » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:09 pm

Not sure I see the blood cell stuff still... I guess part of it is I just think that'd be too boring of a type of image to put right on the cover of an account of the greatest disaster in history.

I agree it's boring, but that's all I can see in the image no matter how I look at it. Since the show has many biological motifs and eggs and reproduction are major themes in the series I think an egg might be appropriate - but it is still strange...

No real improvement, more loss of detail

Do you mean mine or yours?

I don't see a cabin in the upper right, I see a signpost *shrug*. There is definitely a big black asterisk-shaped hole in the middle but I don't see why that means Lilith is there. I'm going to mess around with the blending more now.
<\-=/>

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:56 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Anyone still have a clip of this version...?

I searched on youtube and surprisingly couldn't find it. Maybe someone will see Seele00TextOnly's version and reply by posting the actual version.
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:58 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

someguy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby someguy » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:43 pm

THANK YOU. The image quality there is so much better than the JPEGs. Hopefully that'll help

EDIT:
You guys might like this, I filtered the entire clip. It doesn't help with the two we are currently discussing, but it's still pretty cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKLyrhgNiVA

edit: Youtube's recompression really butchered the quality. Here's an alternate attempt with the colors the right way instead of inverted, and more contrast:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX4SLY44ycI

If anyone wants I can upload my originals to a filesharing site.
Last edited by someguy on Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
<\-=/>

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:46 am

Thanks! I shall keep it for posterity.
It's a pity they took it out.
Some it was fast, but it was also pretty insighful...we didn't get these images (the more "clear"/relevant ones, for example the excavation of Adam, Yui in the suit, or the EVA's creation... ) anywhere else... Perhaps they thought it detracted from the impact of the Reiquarium?
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:03 pm

Some of the images appear separately on the Test Type disk (e.g. Yui in her plugsuit).
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

someguy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby someguy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:38 am

This is the best I can possibly do with this one. I've wasted way too much time on it.
<\-=/>

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:52 am

That looks pretty good. It looks like there are housing and cranes, maybe an excavation of some kind?

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:56 am

View Original Postsomeguy wrote:This is the best I can possibly do with this one. I've wasted way too much time on it.

Whoa! Good job. I clicked on this topic, saw that, and immediately saw what seemed to be some kind of giant humanoid in a cross position being excavated from the ground. I can even see what appears to be a mouth on the humanoid's face. But, uh, hard to say how much of this is my brain filling things in because the idea had been suggested by someone else.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:02 am

I see one or more guys in lab coats standing by the edge of a huge hole/bore in the ground. pre-emptive :freud:
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:04 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:That looks pretty good. It looks like there are housing and cranes, maybe an excavation of some kind?

Another possibility, could it be the inside of Adam's Geofront?

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:56 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Whoa! Good job. I clicked on this topic, saw that, and immediately saw what seemed to be some kind of giant humanoid in a cross position being excavated from the ground.

I still don't see that at all, even after having it pointed out. Now it looks more like a bonfire pit surrounded by rocks.

The thing in the bottom right is just confounding. It's clearly soemthing mounted on a surface of some sort with a heavy bolted bracket of some kind, but what on earth is it? What is that surface and why does it cut off so abruptly?
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:26 pm

The bottom right is a man in a white coat standing in front of a little square table covered with a white tablecloth.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:25 pm

I actually think it's a graveyard. I've circled a few things I noticed. Look at the picture from a bit of a distance, and things start popping out:
Ritsuko: It can't be...an Angel devoured an Eva? That's impossible!
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!
~Once again proving...you are what you eat.~

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

Oral Stage
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Oral Stage » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:24 pm

What's Ritsuko's line during this frame?

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:48 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:05 pm

View Original PostSeele00TextOnly wrote:Here, Reichu identifies that one as Adam, which would eliminate it as a problem to my theory. However are we really sure that that is Adam?

The link 404'd.

And, yes, it is quite obvious that it is Adam, as the picture was taken during the excavation of Adam in Antarctica; further proof of this is the fact that the researchers in the foreground are wearing quite heavy clothing, the fact that Adam appears to be frozen, and the ice cliffs visible around Adam.

And relating to Ritsuko's line, I think it would make sense that the frame was a graveyard, because the other vessels are all soulless ("dead"), hence the graveyard...or something like that.

EDIT: Never mind, your tags were wrong. I just edited the tags in this comment.
Ritsuko: It can't be...an Angel devoured an Eva? That's impossible!
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!
~Once again proving...you are what you eat.~

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

Oral Stage
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Oral Stage » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:40 pm

And relating to Ritsuko's line, I think it would make sense that the frame was a graveyard, because the other vessels are all soulless ("dead"), hence the graveyard...or something like that.

I think so too. I don't see where Lilith's head is supposed to be. The rest of the images that are shown in this sentence could be construed as representations of the material side of the mind/body duality, (a dissected brain, some bubbles and a schematic representation of some molecules). A generic graveyard would fit along side these images since the dead don't have souls.[/spoiler]

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:19 pm

Dead bodies still possess souls in NGE, at least to a greater extent than do the tank Reis.

To be perfectly honest, I can't see shit in that image, and given the comical disparity between guesses in this thread, I'm inclined to suggest that the image remains, for all the photoshopping, essentially unintelligible.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”