Evawiki Search Function

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

Deepak
Lilith

Evawiki Search Function

•      
  •      

Postby Deepak » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:10 am

don't know if it is me being stupid but does Evawiki have a search button? I have never seen one anywhere. It would be really useful because many of the pages are orphaned and are not linked to anything.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:58 am

Check the bottom right corner, sir.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:21 am

putting "site:wiki.evageeks.org SEARCH TERMS" into Google is also really handy.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:26 pm

I've noticed that whenever I search for a string of keywords (ex. Yui inside Unit-01 reason), the search function will sometimes tend to focus on the thread that has more of these words in it, instead of giving us the rest of the threads that may have some of the same words, but be about a different topic. Since one of the main things of this forum is that we post into already existing threads, it would be useful if we were able to see more than just one thread when using the search function. It seems as if you really can't get anything unless you know the exact wording of whatever thread you were looking for that just happened to be about the same thing.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:49 pm

So are you suggesting that the search option should operate on a tag system on the separate words, rather than a system that searches on the words stringed together?
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:08 am

No, I think that may be what it is trying to do now. What I'm saying is that I would like a function that allows the search engine to differentiate between thread title and post contents, depending on the nature of your search.

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”