Who is this mysterious lass?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

Who is this mysterious lass?

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:30 am

Who is she? I am aware that 2nd Impression was the Eva game on the saturn (Which had that giant freaky black Angel) but I wasn't aware of any new characters. Anyone know?
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:59 pm

Mayumi Yamagishi, from Second Impression.

There are a few characters specific to the games. For instance, Mana Kirishima, Keita, and Mushashi in Girlfriend of Steel.

For the most part, they aren't very interesting. Mana is cute, hence why people are familiar with her. Popularity. Woo.

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:26 pm

Is there, like, anything special about her? Is she another "pilot with a shadowy past" dealio or what?

superdoughboy4
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby superdoughboy4 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:54 pm

She's probably like Mana in Iron Miaden I [Girlfriend of Steele].

[Spoiler]
Mana was part of a military thing, where humans tried to recreate EVA, mechanically.
She and a couple of her friends saw this as wrong, and they were deprived of many things. Keep in mind, this is from memory.
So, she escaped from there, and her friends, still in 2 of the mechanical robots were searching for her.
In the end, the place where the robot was and Mana was bombed with an N2 Bomb.
[/Spoiler]

She could be something like that.

Eternal Yamcha
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternal Yamcha » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:46 pm

Why is it when I saw that image, I thought of the reportedly new Evangelion manga that is rumored to be made... The one based that's supposedly based in an almost alternative Evangelion universe where it's more 'normal.'

Damnit, I can't remember where I read that from, that's why it feels and looks so vague.

What I need to know is what the heck 2nd Impression is.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:08 am

Space Penis wrote:Is there, like, anything special about her? Is she another "pilot with a shadowy past" dealio or what?

Her dirty little secret is that an angel is incubating inside her.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Six Winged Angel
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Six Winged Angel » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:52 pm

so she is from the iron maiden huh? ....weird
~But someday you will come to understand that on your back, there are wings with which you can fly on the distant future.

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:59 pm

Six Winged Angel wrote:so she is from the iron maiden huh? ....weird

What the hell gives you that impression?

Also, is there anywhere I can get a synopsis of 2nd Impression?

Six Winged Angel
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Six Winged Angel » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:14 pm

it sais sega saturn in the second pic, and I had seen 1 or 2 pics from the iron maiden 1nd with her I think, I'll try to find them and post them
~But someday you will come to understand that on your back, there are wings with which you can fly on the distant future.

Trowa_Ayanami
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Trowa_Ayanami » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:54 pm

She reminds me of Yomiko Readman from Read or Die for some reason.
Spike Spiegel: Look at my eyes, Faye. One of them is a fake because I lost it in an accident. Since then, I've been seeing the past in one eye and the present in the other. So, I thought I could only see patches of reality, never the whole picture. I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was over.

The follower of the Shinji/Rei paring

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:59 pm

Trowa_Ayanami wrote:She reminds me of Yomiko Readman from Read or Die for some reason.
Yeah, I thought that too.

jonneh
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby jonneh » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:10 pm

I have that game imported for my American Sega Saturn. I got it just for the hell of getting it, not like I could actually understand a single word. =)

fadingreminder
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby fadingreminder » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:04 am

Mayumi is kind've a filler character. Nothing all that special about her aside from her dumbass getting in the way every single time you fight the Angel, which makes for some annoying "OH GOD DON'T LET HER GET CRUSHED!!!" scenes. The only part of the game where she's actually cool is the scene where she joins Shinji's band and sings. The game comes with a minidisc single, which is alright.

Second Impression = so-so game with confusing battle system. Once you finally understand the battles, they become really fun... too bad you hardly ever get to battle.

Toji and Kensuke pushing Shinji towards her doesn't indicate any romantic interest as far as I'm concerned. They urge Shinji to get her to join their band and that's about it. I haven't played the game, so I don't remember what happens, she moves away or something... It's got multiple endings, who knows which is the "true" one.

She isn't a pilot and never gets in an Eva or anything like it.

I'll have to disagree with Eva Monkey about Mana though. I find her to be very interesting and in one of the best games on the Saturn. She's really cute, really sweet, and not really all that filler. She may not be canon, but she's charming enough to make me wish she was. That game had such a bittersweet ending... Mana and Shinji kissing, then swearing to see each other again someday as she was carted away... Too bad she was probably turned into orange juice in Third Impact, oh well. So was I. Oh, to suddenly be turned into Minute Maid concentrate!

Shnooks
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Shnooks » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:41 pm

fadingreminder wrote:Mayumi is kind've a filler character. Nothing all that special about her aside from her dumbass getting in the way every single time you fight the Angel, which makes for some annoying "OH GOD DON'T LET HER GET CRUSHED!!!" scenes. The only part of the game where she's actually cool is the scene where she joins Shinji's band and sings. The game comes with a minidisc single, which is alright.

Second Impression = so-so game with confusing battle system. Once you finally understand the battles, they become really fun... too bad you hardly ever get to battle.

Toji and Kensuke pushing Shinji towards her doesn't indicate any romantic interest as far as I'm concerned. They urge Shinji to get her to join their band and that's about it. I haven't played the game, so I don't remember what happens, she moves away or something... It's got multiple endings, who knows which is the "true" one.

She isn't a pilot and never gets in an Eva or anything like it.

I'll have to disagree with Eva Monkey about Mana though. I find her to be very interesting and in one of the best games on the Saturn. She's really cute, really sweet, and not really all that filler. She may not be canon, but she's charming enough to make me wish she was. That game had such a bittersweet ending... Mana and Shinji kissing, then swearing to see each other again someday as she was carted away... Too bad she was probably turned into orange juice in Third Impact, oh well. So was I. Oh, to suddenly be turned into Minute Maid concentrate!

Are you effing serious? Thats the cutest thing I've ever heard. Its so cute, i'm shocked.

See? :shock:

I found a torrent of it a while back, but no genesis emulators would play it. If anyone, ya know...wants to find the torrent for me...and a working emulater...

jonneh
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby jonneh » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:27 pm

Well it's for Saturn isn't it? A genesis emulator for the PC won't play saturn. Unless it's special or something and plays both saturn and sega genesis games. I have a Sega Genesis one on my computer, if you'd like to know the name let me know. But as far as Sega Saturn, I don't have any emulators of that. Just a broken real sega saturn under my bed. :)

Shnooks
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Shnooks » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:09 pm

jonneh wrote:Well it's for Saturn isn't it? A genesis emulator for the PC won't play saturn. Unless it's special or something and plays both saturn and sega genesis games. I have a Sega Genesis one on my computer, if you'd like to know the name let me know. But as far as Sega Saturn, I don't have any emulators of that. Just a broken real sega saturn under my bed. :)

Oops, ment genesis.

Really. I did.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”