Fallout

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Re: Fallout

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue May 10, 2016 5:24 pm

200? geez man, I only had like 50 or so, and most of those are aesthetic enhancements and UI improvements. Your game must be WILD.

I've got like 80 installed for F4 right now, but most of that is piecemeal settlement crafting stuff, a suite of power armor paintjob skins, and a combo that makes settlers much less bland.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed May 11, 2016 11:06 am

I got Skyrim in 2013, I think. So about two years after it came out. I'll probably do that with all Bethesda games from now on. I feel victim to hype for F4. They need time to let mods develop.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Wed May 11, 2016 2:27 pm

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:^ The first 2 DLC packs, Automatron and Wasteland Workshop, are out now. Far Harbor is coming the 19th. Mod support is being done in stages. PC got it last month, X1 gets it next around May, and PS4 gets it last around June. Mod support may convince me to start playing again if the mods are good enough. As far as DLC goes I won't be buying them individually, I'll just wait for the inevitable Ultimate Edition they'll probably release next year some time.

Sorry for being late.

I need to work on getting better hardware for my computer then I think I'd buy Fallout 4 on here. I wonder if we can still get the season pass.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Wed May 11, 2016 7:48 pm

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:I wonder if we can still get the season pass.

You can, but IIRC they increased the price from $30 to $50 since they're going to be developing more expansions/DLC than they originally planned.

Also, Bethesda is doing sign-ups for the FO4 X1 mod support beta.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallou ... 0-6439687/

Chuckman wrote:I got Skyrim in 2013, I think. So about two years after it came out. I'll probably do that with all Bethesda games from now on. I feel victim to hype for F4. They need time to let mods develop.

Agreed, the Fallout series has been added to my "Wait for the Ultimate Edition" list after this game. Unless the developer is Obsidian, that is.
[Redacted]

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Wed May 11, 2016 8:03 pm

I've gotta sign up soon then.

Can't wait to try console mods.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Sun May 15, 2016 9:26 am

So the GECK is out, at least in beta as of this posting, How long before we see Eva unit Power armor? :D
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"
"Ephebophelia...? This is SHOTA!"

WARNING: Brik is being incredibly awesome

Join the Evageeks discord!

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Sun May 15, 2016 12:19 pm

^Frankly, it might take a little bit.

There aren't that many eva fans that would be dedicated to making eva themed Power armor. I don't recall ever seeing a mod in NV or 3.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Sun May 15, 2016 1:00 pm

Wonder if anyone will make some proper power armour without the canon breaking exoskeleton.

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Sun May 15, 2016 3:17 pm

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:^Frankly, it might take a little bit.

There aren't that many eva fans that would be dedicated to making eva themed Power armor. I don't recall ever seeing a mod in NV or 3.

Well in 3 and NV Power Armor was just a another type/slot of armor that you wore, here it's a whole new mechanic.

I see what you mean, and I made a post on the Nexus forums about seeing if anyone would be into it.
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun May 15, 2016 4:06 pm

There are already mods to change the paint in tons of other combinations so you can kinda-sorta do that. I've got a themed fleet of armor in various states of progress... t45 = 00, t51 = 01, t60 = 02, plus a few copies set asside for other models. Oh, and I gave Ada sentry bot legs and painted her olive green to be my unit 05. When I finally find enclave armor I'll make a few harpies. What I really need is a paint mod for raider power armor so I can make jet alone. :D

Making the power armor actually look like an eva in shape though would require completely redoing the PA model, skin, and and all associated animations, and it still has to fit over the existing player model without bits poking through. Frankly I think you'd have an easier time making eva stuff as remodeled normal armor bits tacked onto a repainted vault suit for females.
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun May 15, 2016 6:44 pm

There will be Eva power armor. People changed the power armor without the creation kit, so what they do with it will probably be pretty amazing.

They have to get past all the skimpy power armor and Iron Man suits first, though.

Since Bethesda won't do it, I hope they add in onboard weapons for the armor (grenade launchers or other weapons that fire with the grenade key from shoulder mounts or something would be badass) and the ability to use super heavy melee weapons and even shields.

Also the ability to just straight up make shit at the crafting stations and MORE. FUCKING. WEAPONS.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Sun May 15, 2016 6:47 pm

I just question the Eva fans that are willing to create Evangelion PA and overcome the obstacles NemZ detailed.

I could totally see plug suits.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun May 15, 2016 7:13 pm

The real underlying problem with weapons is the way they created them as a loose collection of mods attached to an invisible item that limits the types and holds the legendary quality. If not for that stupid "Ship of Theseus" arrangement of things we'd be able to strip things to parts and reassemble them on the fly without needing a base item to build on. Probably a balance issue with the possibility of a gun with like 5 different legendary effects stacked up, but of course that's only a problem because they made the silly legendary system in the first place rather than keeping unique items unique.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun May 15, 2016 7:20 pm

Oh there WILL be plug suits, I'm half surprised they're not out already as a vault suit replacer.

I really hate the way they did the weapons in this game, first and foremost because they dropped all pretense of relating them to real world weapons. You can't just swap out a receiver that looks identical and convert a rifle that shoots a pistol caliber (is .38 supposed to be .38 special?) or .308/7.62 and have it shoot fucking .50 caliber. Where's the anti-materiel rifle?

I would be able to accept it if they just made the modification make sense, like making the hunting rifle look different when you change it from shooting this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.38_Speci ... SB_-_2.jpg to this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... arison.jpg (left)

This is a .357 Magnum bolt action rifle (Ruger made these for a while) http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... 811690#PIC
This is a .50 BMG rifle: http://files.harrispublications.com/wp- ... tional.jpg

The fact that the game lets you shoot .50 without a muzzle brake drives me bananas (B-A-N-A-N-A-S)

Not to mention a machine gun built from scraps that functions flawlessly with rimmed revolver ammo, ffs

It annoys me to no end.

I'd have preferred that they made the receiver the item and have all the mods built onto that. Changing the "receiver" irks me as a person who handles real life firearms because the receiver is the gun.

I don't know why they did that. Just have a receiver for each caliber and then mods that attach to that specific receiver. I would be neat if they had to be repaired, too. Machine gun barrels wear out and have to be replaced more often, etc. Something to balance full auto besides making the bullets do 10% of the damage of the semi auto from the same gun for no fucking reason aaaaaaarrghththtbthtllllllthhhhhh

I know the weapons are a big target of interest for the modding community, however. They'll fix that as much as they can, I'm sure. People did some amazing things with Skyrim so they can probably completely overhaul the F04 weapons mechanics unless it's hard coded into the engine or whatever.

Power Armor could be so cool. Shoulder-mounted rocket launcher and mini gun dual wielding axes or some shit.

Underslung grenade launchers would be awesome, too.
Last edited by Chuckman on Sun May 15, 2016 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the prophecy is true

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun May 15, 2016 7:31 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:There will be Eva power armor.

It's times like this I wish I'd pursued an art degree so I could do my own game art, cuz it's like the one thing I'm missing (besides audio, which I have no interest in) from being a one man dev team.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun May 15, 2016 7:32 pm

Chuck, when you finish fixing comics you should move on to fixing video games. :salute:

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun May 15, 2016 7:39 pm

You know what else would be awesome? If they made that grenade button an alt-fire button and let it do different shit and put us back to equipping grenades like FO3/NV.

Using that key for a selector switch on full/semi weapons would be amazing. You can go panic mode and shoot full power full auto but it burns up your barrel and you"ll have to replace, and if ammunition were actually precious...

It would be neat if full auto had a role in the game, is what I'm saying. It's useless in VATS and pretty useless outside of it when the game lets you mod every semi-auto gun to have zero recoil and shoot just as fast anyway by tapping the trigger.

Rather than different barrels, stocks, etc, that don't do anything and carry irrational magic-y bonuses, how about the weapon "mods" let me mount grenade launcher or make the weapon select fire or attach an underslung shotgun (for the pipe weapons (which really should be called scrap weapons, building a revolver like a zip gun is ludicrous) it would be awesome if "attaching" underslung weapons just meant literally taping them on)

That any attachment on any weapon mod should be in the base game. This is Fallout. If you're going to let me build weapons from scrap and you're not letting me built a ludicrous looking gatling gun that alternates barrels that are rocket launchers with barrels that are themselves machine guns, you're doing it wrong.

I'll stop now.
the prophecy is true

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Sun May 15, 2016 7:46 pm

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:There aren't that many eva fans that would be dedicated to making eva themed Power armor. I don't recall ever seeing a mod in NV or 3.

I downloaded a mod for NV years ago that added special suits of Enclave PA retextured in Eva colors. There was a Unit 0, Unit 01, Unit 02, and Harpy in that one IIRC. They didn't really look that great, but they did come in a neat black Enclave crate that had the NERV logo on it.

Also I really hope the console versions of FO4 are getting the GECK too. If they are I'm going to go crazy with it, there are so many things in this game I want to improve. :devil:
[Redacted]

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun May 15, 2016 8:16 pm

Meh, I don't use VATS at all. Intentionally shooting limbs in real time is totally doable.

The dedicated grenade thing is a carryover from modern shooters so that likely isn't going anywhere, and it's already doing multiple contextual things with bashing and power attacks. The problem with all that stuff is that there aren't enough buttons on a console controller, and since the games are clearly being made for consoles foremost at this point (seriously, why do I have to play with text files to enable keyboard/mouse as an option for the pc version, Bethesda?!) so that is a hard wall unless they somehow come up with a reworked UI.

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Sun May 15, 2016 10:03 pm

Proud Member of F.A.P.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”