[films] The Bourne Triology

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

[films] The Bourne Triology

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Tue May 24, 2011 11:22 am

Had to make a thread. These are possibly the best movies ever made.
It consists of

*The Bourne Identity
*The Bourne Supremacy
*The Bourne Ultimatum

Discuss!

And the Bourne Legacy has been announced for 2012! YAY! :w00:

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

Re: [films] The Bourne Triology

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Wed May 25, 2011 1:31 am

View Original PostSomeone wrote:These are possibly the best movies ever made.

Nope, sorry.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Neane
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Neane » Wed May 25, 2011 1:33 am

View Original PostSomeone wrote:Had to make a thread. These are possibly the best movies ever made.
It consists of

*The Bourne Identity
*The Bourne Supremacy
*The Bourne Ultimatum

Discuss!

And the Bourne Legacy has been announced for 2012! YAY! :w00:

My Mom loved those films. And she is a great Movie Critic.

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Wed May 25, 2011 7:10 am

View Original PostFazmotron wrote:THEY ARE AWESOME

IKR!

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Wed May 25, 2011 7:19 am

Liman did a fairly good job with the first film, but Greengrass ruined the direction in the latter two.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed May 25, 2011 1:10 pm

I view it the exact opposite. I'm a huge fan of Greengrass' work on the second two Bournes. There's something about his frenetic style. I hate shaky cam but there's a method to his madness I find that really lets the "shaky cam" aesthetic work.

Anywho, it's sadly not a Trilogy anymore. Hollywood won't let a good thing die & has put "The Bourne Legacy" into production WITHOUT Matt Damon. I don't remember if it's a prequel, spinoff, or if Jason Bourne is even going to be in the film at all.

All that comes to mind is Jeremy Renner is playing the lead role & continues to misuse his good will earned from "The Hurt Locker".

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Wed May 25, 2011 1:32 pm

^I agree, i liked part 2 and 3.
The Bourne Legacy will be a sequel....WITHOUT Jason Bourne.
But it is called "The Bourne Legacy" so it must be related to Jason Bourne...

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby toe mash » Fri May 27, 2011 5:12 am

@ Oz: LOLWUT (as usual..)

I thought parts 1 and 2 weren't too impressive and a bit boring, while part 3 was better by miles and very enjoyable - a great ending to the series. The shaky cam didn't bother me to be honest, and some of the scenes were very clever and fun to watch (I loved that scene where Jason guides that newspaper guy through a train station).

Making a part 4 baffles me as well :ehh:

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Fri May 27, 2011 5:21 am

The second film is quite nauseating thanks to the crazy sound design and bad cinematography. The third film is much more bearable, probably due to a more interesting screenplay.
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Fri May 27, 2011 10:59 pm

View Original PostOz wrote:The second film is quite nauseating thanks to the crazy sound design and bad cinematography. The third film is much more bearable, probably due to a more interesting screenplay.
^THIS, and relevant (you're welcome in advance)

I am interested in this upcoming movie though, hopefully the shaky cam will play a significantly reduced role

a big reason I liked the first film a lot was because of how realistic the action sequences felt
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Sat May 28, 2011 6:35 am

Your simple minds are just unable to deal with the great "shaky"cam!
:rageface:

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Sat May 28, 2011 6:46 am

Or maybe your simple minds are just unable to see beyond the shaky cam.

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Sat May 28, 2011 7:38 am

:rei_meh:

shinji_ryoji_89
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby shinji_ryoji_89 » Sat May 28, 2011 7:12 pm

Great films all of them. One of the rare ocassions where a trilogy was uniformly fantastic from installment to installment. Unfortunately, it looks like Hollywood will now ruin it with the new one coming up. Although there is good talent involved, the whole thing seems unnecessary because the third one ended the whole story perfectly IMO.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sat May 28, 2011 9:41 pm

View Original PostOz wrote:Or maybe your simple mind is just unable to see beyond the shaky cam.
FIXED, unless you were implying Someone has multiple personalities or bipolar disorder
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Mon May 30, 2011 4:36 pm

Someone needs to inform TDSA that there's a pretender to the throne.

That said: Identity > Ultimatum > Supremacy
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed May 18, 2016 11:44 pm

Old thread but the only one I could find on the series so...
Trailer for the 5th film with Bourne returning after Legacy did poorly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4gJsKZvqE4

I just re watched the first 3 tonight for the first time since probably 09 or so. (Haven't seen Legacy but soon)
I was a bit distracted while watching the first so it felt way too slow (And I like slow build films so that is saying something), however I watched the 2nd & 3rd with no distraction and was strongly immersed and enjoyed them.
I absolutely adore Joan Allen as Pamela Landy (just watched Allen in The Contender also which she was inevitably great in)
The final fight on the farm with Bourne & Clive Owen in Identity was genuinely fantastic I will say.

With 5 it looks like Nickey Parsons who went rogue in Ultimatum has become something of a whistleblower and Bourne is protecting her.
In Ultimatum she implied they were lovers hence why she was the one to believe he had Amnesia after he did not recognize her at the end of Identity.

Also interested to see Tommy Lee Jones's connection to Bourne in this.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu May 19, 2016 7:41 pm

Ok saw Legacy, was much much better then I had been led to believe. Absolutely on par with the other films in the franchise.
I had heard Renner's character was just a unlikable drug addict, and there is 1 moment at about 1 hour 3 minutes into the film where he demands Weisz tell him where the Chems are that I thought it might go that way, but after that scene is finished, him and Weisz quickly develop some good chemistry together and Renner stays likable. They spell out why he needs the Chems so it never came off as him just being a reckless addict.

Anyone else who has seen in have any opinions on Legacy?

Return to “Film and Video”