Anime Recommendations Thread (READ RULES BEFORE POSTING)

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Anime Recommendations Thread (READ RULES BEFORE POSTING)

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:27 am

I though I would start up another thread about anime recommendations.

The users of the forum can post their recommendations for other users and also users can also us this forum to ask what to see next, as the first part of the sentence implies.

And please don't recommend EVA since we have all seen it.

The Eva Monkey wrote:IMPORTANT

Due to the nature of a recommendation thread to be just a bunch of people reciting all of their favourite anime, I'm imparting structure here.

You may only recommend ONE anime title. You must include a substantive explanation for why you liked it, what it is about, and why people should watch it. Also, if you can, include something in the way imagery or a link to another review or synopsis that you feel is pertinent.

Or Pick a show that is recommended, and after that, say if you liked it or not, and if the recommendation was helpful or not, and then you may post another recommendation. Flooding the thread with recommendations isn't particularly helpful, there should be a more intimate and meaningful feel to each recommendation.

And avoid making a recommendation that has been made, at least phrase it as a "Yes, I would second that recommendation".

Posts that fail to comply will be annihilated. :devil:

Mr. Tines wrote:Familiarity with getting fansubs will be assumed -- places like animesuki, clients like µTorrent, and importantly, media players...

CCCP (probably the most complete for windows)
VLC (windows, mac, linux, BSD)
mplayer (most complete but command line based) (along with MPUI which places enough of a UI over it so you never have to worry about the command line on windows).

VLC and MPUI are copy-installs (no registry nonsense); CCCP includes Media Player Classic and Zoomplayer, though the codecs it registers are also available to Windows Media player etc.

REVIEW LIST SO FAR

Penultimate update 29th Jan 2015
Final update 6th Feb 2021
This only includes substantive reviews (not the "It's about X. It's enjoyable" short shorts)

12 Kingdoms
Ai Yori Aoshi
Air
Aquarion
Aria the Animation
Azumanga Daioh
Baccano!
Bartender
Basilisk
Beck : Mongolian Chop squad
Berserk
Black Lagoon
Bleach
Blue Drop
Bokurano
Boogiepop Phantom
Bubblegum Crisis
Cat Soup
Chinmoku no Kantai
Code Geass
Cowboy Bebop
Cross Game
DaiCon IV OP
Dai Guard
Death Note
Digimon Tamers
Earthian
Elfen Lied
Eureka 7
Fake
Flag
Gankutsuou
Gasaraki
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Giant Robo: The Day The Earth Stood Still
Golden Boy
Grave of the Fireflies
Gravion
Gunslinger Girls
Haibane Renmei
Hellsing
Hellsing Ultimate
Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni & Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai
Infinte Ryvius
Kaiba
Kannagi (Crazy Shrine Maidens)
Kanokon
Kanon (2006)
Kara no Kyoukai (movie 1)
Kenko Zenrakei Suieibu Umisho
Kiddy Grade
Last Exile
Lucky Star
Mad Bull 34
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo!
Maria-sama ga miteru .... aka Marimite
Minami-ke
Mononoke
Mouryou_no_Hako (again)
Mushishi and again
Negima!? (Magister Negi Magi)
Neo-Ranga
Nightwalker
Noir
Ouran High School Host Club
Outlaw Star
Planetes
Princess Tutu
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Simoun
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (Goodbye, Mr. Despair)
Seirei no Moribito
Spice & Wolf
Summer Wars
Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
TexhnolyzE and again
Those who hunt elves
To Heart
ToraDora
Voices of a Distant Star
Welcome to the NHK!
Witch Hunter Robin
Wolfs Rain
Yamato 2199
Yūki Yūna wa Yūsha de Aru
Zambot 3
Zipang

"Visual Novels" (gb2 /jp/ :D )
Ever 17
Narcissu VM
Tsukihime
Last edited by Timesplitter 01 on Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:26 am, edited 15 times in total.
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:49 am

IMPORTANT

Due to the nature of a recommendation thread to be just a bunch of people reciting all of their favorite anime, I'm imparting structure here.

You may only recommend ONE anime title. You must include a substinate explanation for why you liked it, what it is about, and why people should watch it. Also, if you can, include something in the way imagery or a link to another review or synopsis that you feel is pertinent.

Posts that fail to comply will be annihilated. :twisted:

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:03 pm

Good structured guideline EM.

I highly recommend Gunslinger Girls.

It's set in modern day Italy. The Italian gov't takes abandoned/orphaned 10-14 year old (?) girls and rehabs them. They are enhanced physically as well as brainwashed. They are then paired with a handler, an older male that trains and watches over them. They are known as Fratellos and run dirty work missions for the gov't. The story revolves mainly around Henrietta (who is my favorite) but the other girls have screen time with background information revealed.

The greatest part of this series for me is the way they show the different relationships between the girls and their handlers. The action is limited throughout the series but when it happens, it's explosive. The attention to detail with the guns they use as well as the background environment is amazing. It's only a short 13 episode series that begs for a sequel.

I am normally a sci-fi anime fan but this was a pleasant change of pace for me. I was drawn into this series from the beginning. The music although a bit repetitive helped set the somber atmosphere. I felt the emotion in the stories between the girls and their handlers. I even bought the manga (3 volumes so far) because I couldn't get enough of it.

It is not complex as NGE as far as character development goes but does enough to give the viewer some insight. One other thing that was interesting was how they managed to keep the loli factor down to almost zero. I also loved the OP. I consider it one of my all-time favorites now.
Alex D.

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:07 pm

Man, Digitalex. I was about to do that one.

Jesus christ, the last episode of GG made me cry so much. :cry:
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:24 pm

Digitalex wrote:I highly recommend Gunslinger Girls.

Gunslinger Girl is a good series, it had quite a considerable budget, and it shows. I was a bit dissapointed to find that the characters were actually cybernetic to some degree. I wish the show would have remained rooted in reality to a greater degree. What I enjoy most is that the series is a lot like one of my favorite movies, "Leon: The Professional", starring Jean Reno, Gary Oldman, and a very young Natalie Portman.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:42 pm

I'll vote for Noir.

I picked the title up because it looked like another no-nonsense girls'n'guns title, with shades of various action series I remember fondly from my youth. And indeed it was exactly that sort of thing, with an overarching plotline thrown in. It steered a course between being a pure actioner (somewhere in Dirty-Pair land) and being a Marimite-like slice-of-life.

And it manages to do all this without pandering to anime cliches - there is (almost) no weird coloured hair; and possibly five seconds total of what might be considered "fan service" (well, slightly more if you count Mireille in a bikini, lying in a deckchair in ep#4).
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Shwiggie
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Shwiggie » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:33 pm

Recommended Rule Circumvention Maneuver! :P

In any case, my current favorite anime is Azumanga Daioh. Most are probably familiar with it, but for the sake of my cut and paste purposes, I'll assume you're not:
Shwiggie, Feb 17 2005, 04:48 PM, at his own board wrote:SETUP:
Azumanga Daioh is unlike a lot of anime I've seen, with a premise so simple as to sound dull and uninteresting. It's a story about a half-dozen or so girls starting high school together, and just sort of follows them around during the three years they are together. But as bland and uneventful as this sounds, I had to think back to when I was in high school and remember how important every little thing was to me back then. And I began to see where it'd be interesting to see how it'd work here. I'm pleased to say, it flat out worked.

We begin in the first year with Mrs. Yukari Tanizaki's class. Yukari, who's still fairly young and still pretty immature, pretty much sets the tone for the rest of the characters. Her class includes Chiyosuke (Chiyo-chan) Mihama, a ten-year old prodigy who moved straight from elementary to high school; resident sports star, animal lover (though it's one-sided), and cuteness connoisseur Sakaki; Koyomi (Yomi) Mizuhara, the most mature and most normal of the students; transfer student and mental midget, Ayumu (Osaka) Kasuga; co-mental midget and competitor extraordinaire Tomo Takino; stereotypical athletic anime student Kagura; and sheepish Kaorin, who's got a crush on Sakaki. Yukari clashes with P.E. teacher and friend from high school and college, Minamo (Nyamo) Kurosawa, as well as literature teacher Mr. Kimura, the only man in the show, who teaches only so he can ogle schoolgirls.

The reason I mention the characters is because their interactions are solely what drive the show. It's been called the "Seinfeld" of anime, since it's really about nothing in particular...but that's a big part of the charm.

PLUSSES:
The characters put forth in this show are quite interesting, in that they're simultaneously sincere and over-the-top. In high school, who didn't know a spazzy girl like Tomo, or an athletic major like Kagura? They all sort of fit in, with the exception of Chiyo, who as a ten year-old prodigy, is a major anomoly. But this circle of friends work and interact just great together, and each really earns their place in the show. Even the few teachers we meet are likeable...even perverted Kimura :)

The strong core of characters allow the show to exist without a real story or plotline...it's just days in the life of these students and teachers as they go through high school. And that's a subject we can all identify with. In the weird situations they find themselves in and the odd circumstances in which each episode moves along, despite being from the United States, I can see and remember things from that period of my own life reflected herein.

The unique, 5 minute "episodes" was a rather interesting way of approaching the show. The comic-strip style can be part of an arc, exist within one, or stand-alone. What I liked about this is how it was able to switch gears so quickly depending on the character and situation they're in...if attempted in a regular, plotted episode, it'd have been abrupt, and I don't see the setting being conducive to many episode-length stories outside the summer vacations and sports/culture fests.

In itself, the show is endearing through the quality that it's so accessible, has many likeable characters, has some really humorous moments, and really doesn't host any real conflict. It's not "heavy" in any way and is a great way to pleasureably waste a few afternoons or evenings.

MINUSES:
One thing that was a little offputting was the rather bland character designs. When you first start watching, it can be hard to tell any of the kids apart from one another, but eventually you pick it up. There's not much detail going on here, and things are just really "cutesy". Then again, it works well for what it is.

However, one true minus for the series is the recurring themes of the sports/culture fest and the visits to Chiyo's summer home. It just seemed that they revisited this more than they needed to, with not a whole heck of a lot of differences between visits. While these events are just another part of the school setting and are major parts of the lives of the characters, it just felt like retreading old territory while watching it.

Therein lies the real failing of the show...there is no ambition to really show anything new and the characters you meet in the beginning don't grow or change at all, with the exception of Sakaki. It'd have been a nice thing to look back on this series at the end and see where the kids had come and where they'd made strides in simply growing up. That was a bit disappointing, and highlights the fact that this show is all about nothing in particular. You could restart the story after graduation and put everyone back in the 10th grade, and nothing would be any different.

FINAL COMMENTS:
However, the minuses I mentioned are not really serious in any way, and the positives far outweigh the negatives. I thoroughly enjoyed this program (the first I'd ever watched via Netflix), and I highly encourage anyone looking for a light comedic show that's easy on the plot and majors in sophomoric humor to give Azumanga Daioh an honest try, as I did. I wasn't disappointed, and I don't think you would be, either.

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:24 pm

Space Penis wrote:Man, Digitalex. I was about to do that one.

Yeah, I'd be lying if I said that I didn't feel a little blurry eyed at the end. I've been arguing that it was not as it seemed...

SPOILER: Show
SHE LIVES DAMMIT...SHE LIVES!!! If it follows the manga she is ALIVE!!! ALIVE I SAY!!!

For me, I still cringe at the thought of Henrietta's past. It makes my blood boil. I feel for Henrietta the way Mr. Tines feels for Asuka.
Alex D.

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:25 pm

Digitalex wrote:
Space Penis wrote:Man, Digitalex. I was about to do that one.

Yeah, I'd be lying if I said that I didn't feel a little blurry eyed at the end. I've been arguing that it was not as it seemed...

SPOILER: Show
SHE LIVES DAMMIT...SHE LIVES!!! If it follows the manga she is ALIVE!!! ALIVE I SAY!!!

For me, I still cringe at the thought of Henrietta's past. It makes my blood boil. I feel for Henrietta the way Mr. Tines feels for Asuka.

I need to find the manga. The dude at the bookshop says they might get some in next time they restock, but it's not likely.

I shouyld really watch the first 4 episodes, but my friend who I borrowed them off didn't have them. And it's a bitch to find.
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:29 pm

The manga covers a few more episode worthy chapters too. I didn't realize it was still ongoing. We only have 1-3 in the US so far. I am eagerly awaiting volume 4. I just have no clue when it will come out (or if it's in print in Japanese yet).

I would LOVE a sequel. I want a Disney ending dammit. :lol:
Alex D.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:00 pm

*grumbles at Mr. Tines for stealing his pick*

Another anime I have been enjoying lately is The 12 Kingdoms. While the actual animation is not the greatest in it I have enjoyed the way they tell the story. It has a good mix of narrative and normal story telling that I find enjoyable. Plus the character development is very good in it and I liked the internal demons struggles that most of the characters have to go thru as they are very common ones that everyone deals with. Plus the main star is a redhead and that almost always gets a thumbs up from me.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:44 pm

Hey EM I will be doing some more work on my first post after the 18th Novmber to to make it look nice , etc.

Anyways.

I recommend Witch Hunter Robin

To sum it up the story is great and so is the music.

animeondvd.com wrote:In a world where witches abuse their supernatural powers, a special team is tasked with hunting this new threat to society. This organization is known as the STN and comprises of several highly skilled craft users and experts in covert operations. But their most powerful craft user is a young woman named Robin. Her mysterious gift to summon deadly flames will determine the fates of her colleagues and lead her into a dark world of mystique and witchcraft.

Style and substance all wrapped up in an attractive package. This is a winner in my eyes.

In the story, Robin is a "craft user", i.e. a secret trainee of The Catholic Church in Italy that uses her craft (fire) to hunt down witches. Thus witchcraft is seen as a genetic anomaly that is passed down in the human genome and may surface at any time as the species reproduces. Therefore witches are simply people whose genes contain the witchcraft genetic traits. Once they learn of their power(s) ("awaken"), unfortunately, they begin using them toward personal gain. And that is when secret organizations, such as "Solomon" (and the Japanese "STN-J" in Japan) come in to eliminate their threat on society.

Robin is sent to Japan to aid the STN-J in their efforts to capture witches. The STN-J are however working on a liquid called "Orbo" capable of deactivating a witch's craft. Eventually, as the story progresses, Robin herself becomes a target of the STN-J and labeled a witch, and thus "hunted".

The story hence asks the viewers the question: Are we innocent until proven guilty, or guilty until proven innocent? Especially if we are born with unique abilities? Who has the right to judge others? For example, in one episode, a physician working in a hospital, realizes that he has a "magic touch"; he has the power to handle and transfer "life forces". So he drains the life force out of criminals and greedy mafia bosses, and gives them to terminally ill children dying in hospitals. The STN-J hunts him down without hesitation.

What appeals to many fans of this TV series is the soundtrack (composed by Taku Iwasaki), the sleek Matrix-like styles of the characters, the well done dubbing, and the concept behind the stories themselves such as mysticism, telekinesis, remote viewing, PK tests, causality violations, etc. In addition, the time devoted to the character development of Robin (especially in the later episodes) is also quite rare in animation, Japanese or otherwise.

http://www.animegalleries.net/albums/whr/robin_sena/thumb_whr_robin0052.jpg
http://www.animegalleries.net/albums/whr/robin_sena/thumb_whr_robin0083.jpg
http://www.animegalleries.net/albums/whr/robin_sena/thumb_whr_robin0144.jpg
http://www.animegalleries.net/albums/whr/robin_sena/thumb_whr_robin0020.jpg
http://www.animegalleries.net/albums/whr/robin_sena/thumb_whr_robin0033.jpg

I will write my own review in this post later on. I would now but I got things to do. But this little bit from animeondvd.com should surfice for now. And if you want to watch the trailer just click on the picture in my signature and it will take you to the official website
Last edited by Timesplitter 01 on Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:21 pm, edited 12 times in total.
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:46 pm

Elfen Lied

In short, Elfen Lied has a strong duality, compelling characters, and plenty of shocks and a strong depiction of the horrors of human nature, dehumanization, and loneliness. If you want more info, I wrote this review for my school paper:

Anyone can observe that in popular culture, truly unique ideas only come around once in a blue moon, and that much of creativity is finding ways of meshing together ideas that already exist into a composition that is unlike the work of others. This is true for just about anything that creativity can be applied to. We often associate quality with being unique, and Elfen Lied is the perfect counter argument to this.

From the very beginning, the viewer gets the impression that Elfen Lied is different, from the intro animation utilizing and referencing artwork from the Austrian Symbolist painter Gustav Klimt, to the morbidly violent introductory sequence, in which the very first shot of animation is that of a severed arm twitching in a pool of blood. And make no mistake, this is not a show for the faint of heart.

We follow a nude woman, wearing only a toothy metal mask reminiscent of H. R. Giger's creature design for Alien, as she dismembers dozens of military guards, and effortlessly escapes from her high security confines. She is a "Diclonius", the next stage of human evolution, possessing a set of four ephemeral arms called "Vectors". In the end, a sniper clips her in her mask from afar, causing her to fall into the ocean from atop a cliff. She surfaces on a beach, suffering from a personality split that causes her to degenerate to child-like behavior. Unable to do anything besides cry and yell unintelligibly, she is taken in by a pair of cousins named Kouta and Yuka.

Predictably, it is foreshadowed right off the bat that Kouta and "Nyuu", as she is referred to, have some degree of history. Unfortunately for them both, they are unaware, due to Nyuu's personality split, and Kouta's amnesia, which as we will come to find are both very similar in nature. This is by far the most contrived aspect of Elfen Lied, and it can't really be gotten around, it is pure unadulterated plot convenience.

There are many references and similarities. The predominant conflict is between the diclonius and the human. Neo Sapien versus Homo Sapien, if you will. This sort of idea has already been explored before, in various mediums, from series such as X-Men, Exosquad, and Robot Hunter Casshan, to similar series about man versus machine such as The Matrix, Armitage, and The Terminator. This is nothing new, but the difference is that in Elfen Lied, they really drove home the idea of dehumanization. The diclonius by nature is not necessarily dangerous, but due to abuse and discrimination, is forced to defend itself in the ways that it is truly superior. And like Magneto in X-Men, the diclonius has seen what atrocities man is capable of, and has decided that man is an unfit steward of the Earth, and deserves to face extinction.

There are some other minor similarities. The diclonius have horns quite similar to that of Lum in Urusei Yatsura. Nyuu's violent personality split is not unlike Hikari's from Kono Minikuku Mo Utsukushii Sekai. Kouta's amnesia, and the plot backing it, is not unlike that of Kanon's Yuuichi or Tsukihime's Shiki. And finally, Nyuu's behavior and personality is not unlike that of characters such as Chobits' iconic Chii and Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai's uniconic Hikari.

Yet despite all the similarities and contrivances, Elfen Lied manages to differentiate itself through a duality. On one side, it is shock entertainment. On the other, it has a gentle side with compassionate and well portrayed characters. And for good measure, it has a touch of cuteness. The messages of dehumanization, torment, and acceptance are powerful, and frequently heartfelt. Though it isn't for the faint of heart, Elfen Lied is an enjoyable series which I would recommend to anyone who wants to watch something different.

Some images:

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:15 pm

I will add Elfen Lied to the list when I get back from vacation. Nice writeup. Interesting reference to Shiki since I am also a pretty big Tsukihime fan.
Alex D.

Shnooks
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Shnooks » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:06 pm

Okay, so I gotta explain why I liked Planetes? Makes sense. I'll try to tell it without getting into too much detail

Okay, well, Planetes takes place in the year 2075. People travel through space, to the moon and back. A few years back, a space airplane was making a trip to the moon, when a screw, a peice of space debris, hit the window and cracked the plane open.
Then, present day - a section in Technora, a spacestation of sorts, called the "Half-section", 'cause they get half of everything, half pay, half equipment. it sucks. Think "Garbage collectors of space".
The anime shows the troubles that they go through, from trying to pick up little debris such as screws and bolts to large scale things such as bodies and old war satellites.

Why do I like it? Not only is there lots of different types of...races, maybe? In the series (I've seen russians, americans, middle-eastern. everything. They even got a fat chick) the ideal that continues through the series - with love, everything will persevere, and that as long as you dream big, and never stop dreaming, one day it might just become a reality.
The animation is...exceptional - Sunrise Studios (they did Gundam) had to animate lots, and I mean A LOT of scenes where people are just floating. The people look natural when they float, too. Just how the characters move around in 0 gravity is amazing.
The music is okay. Its very spacy. I'd give it a 7. The music fits the scenes, and the scenarios, but its not anything i've never heard before.

Uhm, I think that pretty much summed up "why I watch it" and "why you should"

People also suggest that you should read the manga, 'cause its different from the anime. I gotta do that -_-;;

heres some additional info, 'cause I aint too good at explaining.

Anime News Network
Planetes via Wikipedia

And here's Hachimaki in space Lol. I'm flowting

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:33 pm

Since we're restricted to one anime, I'll pick something that seems somewhat thematically similar to others mentioned here:

Last Exile.

Some of you may be aware of what "steampunk" is; I had heard the term but this was my first experience with the genre. The series revolves around a boy and a girl, both around 14 years old, who co-pilot a fighter craft called a "vanship." I don't want to call it an airplane because it doesn't have wings, but it performs much like a WW2 fighter. The world they inhabit plays on a lot of Victorian motifs; pitched battles occur between footsoldiers on what are effectively flying battleships powered by steam engines and commanded by grand dukes, but radio hasn't been invented and ships communicate with each other using Morse lamps.

I'm currently on episode nine, and the story is taking a long time to develop. Whether it will live up to its promise remains to be seen, but so far it's been an interesting ride.

Really, though, there has to be one of these threads about once a week if everyone's recommendations are going to get through...

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:09 pm

Elfen Lied, or when Chobits and Love Hina forgot condoms.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:23 pm

drinian wrote:Since we're restricted to one anime

For the time being, yes. I think the best way to do this will be to limit people to one recommendation. Pick a show that is recommended, and after that, say if you liked it or not, and if the recommendation was helpful or not, and then you may post another recommendation. Flooding the thread with recommendations isn't particularly helpful, there should be a more intimate and meaningful feel to each recommendation.

And avoid making a recommendation that has been made, at least phrase it as a "Yes, I would second that recommendation".

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Ryo » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:46 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:Elfen Lied

Very seconded. Nice review, by the way.
Asuka > Rei

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:13 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:Image

So long as I liv, can no1 ever give me shit if I ever post hentai.....
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

Return to “Anime and Manga”