June Newtype Discussion

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
LIwarriorTKD
Embryo

June Newtype Discussion

•      
  •      

Postby LIwarriorTKD » Sun May 08, 2011 11:37 pm

Hey all, I'm living in Kyoto and I got my hands on the new issue of Newtype that was supposed to come out tomorrow. I'm at work now so when I get back home I'll try and take some good scans and my girlfriend and I will start translating for everybody.

Right off the bat though I'm gonna warn you guys that there are NO new photos of Q that I've seen so far with a quick glance when I picked it up. :-(

Taking a quick look the only thing I've seen so far about Q is a quote from Anno asking us to be patient. :-(

I'll be back soon with some more info ASAP and I'll sneak some peaks and try and relay some info as often as I can.

I'm updating this from my phone so I don't know how to post some pics. I hope you can all trust that I'm not trolling.
ONE LOVE Productions

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Sun May 08, 2011 11:49 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun May 08, 2011 11:56 pm

I've been taking it pretty chill where 3.0 is concerned and keeping myself occupied with other things, so I was already barricaded against disappointment. I'm just shrugging and going "meh, figures" about this. I don't mind waiting for the perfect sign that it's REALLY time to get excited. I'm going to surprise myself and admit that there's more to my life than anticipating the next big Eva event.

Letting your disappointment reach "seething" levels seems like a waste of psychological energy, IMO. Keep it all in perspective, y'know? That's sage advice for a lot of things.
Last edited by Reichu on Mon May 09, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon May 09, 2011 12:01 am

View Original PostSeele00TextOnly wrote:Okay, I'll go ahead and ask what many of us in our further seething disappointment are thinking... ... if there's no release date and no obvious artwork from the new film aside from the cover concept art, WHY did they hype everyone up so much with this thing? And it's not just Newtype hyping up their own magazine... no, Khara was in on this too with their tweeting and webposting (though I can't read the language, I may have been mislead on that).

Their posts on the eva2.0 site says something about 7 (maybe?) staff interviews. And something about the complete records collection. The release date stuff was just wishful thinking, they never said there was going to be any announcement.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Mon May 09, 2011 12:05 am

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Mon May 09, 2011 12:11 am

that's pretty silly and a waste of many fans' time, admittedly
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Nonoriri
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Nonoriri » Mon May 09, 2011 12:15 am

I'm still buying it for the cover. ヽ(´ー`)┌

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon May 09, 2011 12:16 am

Seele00: When you're trying to sell something like a dead-tree magazine in a world like this, the last thing you want to do is shoot yourself in the foot by revealing too much about what will (not) be in the upcoming issue. I dunno, putting "Director Anno says to please be patient" in all the promos smacks of a naively terrible commercial strategy...

I wish I didn't have to be cynical, but this is just how it is.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Strayn
Adam

Re: June Newtype Discussion

•      
  •      

Postby Strayn » Mon May 09, 2011 12:22 am

View Original PostLIwarriorTKD wrote: Anno asking us to be patient.

:shinji_boohoo:
Gainax?
Trollnax.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Mon May 09, 2011 12:23 am

It's a good idea to wait until we get scans/ a solid translation before drawing any conclusions. Maybe LI's quick glance represents all there is, maybe not.

LIwarriorTKD
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby LIwarriorTKD » Mon May 09, 2011 1:28 am

Yea, I don't wanna crush any hopes and dreams yet since I haven't read it thru completely yet.

But unfortunately the one solid thing I know from the very first page of the article is that the article is about Studio Khara first and foremost. The intro to article is in red print talking about the increasing success from 1.0 and 2.0 theatrically and on DVD. As an independent company they say it is difficult because they handle all of the aspects of the production cycle including distribution of their content. They talk about how the success of the new Eva films is helping them grow but even despite all of that, they are still not very well known as a company for exactly what they do. They are saying this is the first time they are having photos of the studio and are talking directly with the different directors and higher-ups in the production department.

That serves as an intro for what seems to be an article mostly about the studio itself and the way that they work.

I'll check back with more soon
ONE LOVE Productions

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon May 09, 2011 1:40 am

Still sounds interesting even if it's not about 3.0. Looking forward to hearing about their inner workings! Maybe Khara not being well-known is partly why they've worked on various projects lately?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon May 09, 2011 2:04 am

LOL

Anno trolls again!

Brilliant!

shinji_ryoji_89
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby shinji_ryoji_89 » Mon May 09, 2011 3:44 am

Oh well, I guess we will have to wait even longer. That said, I would still love to read it. As a filmmaker, the ongoings of Khara fascinate me in other ways than just an Eva fan.

LIwarriorTKD
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby LIwarriorTKD » Mon May 09, 2011 4:14 am

ok here are the pics of the mag cover and the article on Khara, i dont have a scanner so bear with me but I was able to use my DSLR so they are pretty high res for what I have available to me

SPOILER: Show

I apologize in advance if I'm breaking any forum rules about posting this many pics, but here ya go.

BTW this is the entirety of the Eva content in the June issue of Newtype.[/spoiler]
ONE LOVE Productions

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon May 09, 2011 4:27 am

I love that 4koma and the illustration on page next to it

lolanno :rofl:

So, you're going to translate this or what? :drool:

LIwarriorTKD
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby LIwarriorTKD » Mon May 09, 2011 7:19 am

I'm gonna try and translate as much stuff as I can. I'm not perfectly fluent yet, especially with Kanji, but I'll try and paraphrase as much as I can without losing any majorly important quotes.

I'm really busy for the next few weeks but I'll try and update as much and as often as possible.

If I can get some extra help from my gf I'll be able to move much faster so as soon as I learn stuff I'll pass it on.

Cheers, and here's hoping we'll still find some good news buried in there somewhere!
ONE LOVE Productions

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon May 09, 2011 7:29 am

Well, it's better than nothing. Also, that illustration is teh fun. give me a huge version of that, it's teh only new EVA material I'm gonna get in a few months XD and what does the text on the pic say? It seems to mention Q.
Probably something like "You want more action scenes? well then, Shinji, draw them yourself XD"
Misato and Rei seem to be holding storyboards.

Anyway, even if it isn't teh juicy stuff, we're grateful for the service you're doing to this community, LT.
I'll stay tuned for teh translation, at least it's a lot of text, there HAS to be some tiny Q related thing in it XD
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Da Games Elite
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Da Games Elite » Mon May 09, 2011 7:46 am

...that picture of Evil Overlord Anno is PROBABLY how they made Eva 3.0...

Also, those CGI images on the bottom look fairly familiar, except the one where Mari is in her Eva Unit-05 plug suit...

LIwarriorTKD
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby LIwarriorTKD » Mon May 09, 2011 7:48 am

Regarding the illustration with puppeteer Anno, Rei, Misato, and Shinji:

The top left says "EVA Q!"

The top right essentially says: "Work!Work!Work!"

And the bottom of the frame it says: "Already, the countdown has begun!"

We can only hope that Anno is truly pushing his staff that hard... (:kensuke_drool: at least for our sakes.) Too bad for his staff lol
ONE LOVE Productions

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”