Asuka is coming to Australia!

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

gwern
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby gwern » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:00 pm

/reads EML email, read through this thread

ಠ_ಠ

From e http://eva.onegeek.org/pipermail/evangelion/2011-September/007052.html

During a panel, Miyamura was commented that at one point Anno came to her asked her something along the lines of 'If you were lying in bed but couldn't move and someone came up to the bed and did something [bad] in front of you, what would your response be?' (Please bear in mind that it's been 3 months since this panel and I didn't take notes. What I've quoted is very rough - it was only the general gist of what she said.) Miyamura replied to Anno - "kimochi warui". It was only as she was making this comment during the panel that she seemed to make the connection between Anno's question and the hospital/Shinji masturbation scene.

At the panel, out of personal interest I asked the two actresses about their interpretations of the ending of the TV series: did Shinji reject Complementation at the end or not? Tiffany Grant gave a reply along the lines that she felt much of the series was in Shinji's head and she referred to the fact that in the series, when he's listening to his SDAT player, he keeps cycling back between tracks 25 and 26. Miyamura Yuko replied that she remembered that as the series progressed the actors were wondering how the series was going to end. but she has no particular view on whether Shinji rejected Complementation or not.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:13 pm

Fazmotron was there: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=470069#470069

But didn't mention the bit about the end of EoE (he does have a recording of Miyamura doing something)

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:44 am

I went to the one in Sydney, this guy is talking about the one in Perth.

The recording I got from that panel was of Miyamura doing a live dub of a scene from EoE when Asuka is kicking the shit out of the JSSDF. Quite impressive considering that at the time she was REALLY pregnant.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”