Notes on the "Barons of Hell" and other things...

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only.

Moderator: Board Staff

Mr.Guy
Adam

Notes on the "Barons of Hell" and other things...

•      
  •      

Postby Mr.Guy » Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:36 pm

Ick— here’s what happens when you get bored. Just some things we managed to find on the “Barons of Hell” (now known as the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse) and other things. So symbolnismness abounds—

My friend has also written up a theory on Rei, who he believes is the "Lamb of God" (Jesus). You can find this at the end of the post.

You may also find random other bits of info that we managed to discover on our searches.

Also note, very little of this was proofread, he were a little overwhelmed by finding it, so forgive any spelling errors and such ^_^;

All info on the Horsemen are found in Revelations 6.

The TRUE Israel People have, on their "Coat of Arms", a lion and a unicorn which is shown as a white horse with one horn. The lion is the main emblem of the two-tribed "House of Judah" and the unicorn is the main emblem of the ten-tribed "House of Israel".

The one horned horse is Eva-01. Unit 01 has one horn, so does that horse.

Note: The horsemen of this horse is also known as the anti christ. Which would lead us to believe that Shinji is the anti christ... and a lot of Shinji's actions up until EoE are pretty un-Jesus like (selfishness).

Now we come to the second of the four horsemen "And there went out another horse that was RED: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another (the red and white horsemen): and there was given unto him a great sword."

That is referring to Eva 01 and Eva 02 fighting (Shinji and Tabris). The Red horsemen was out to take away peace from the world, as was Tabris. 01 and 02 were meant to fight

The third horseman of the Apocalypse rode a black horse. "And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances (weighing-scales) in his hand." He was told the weights and measures and told not to hurt the oil and the wine - Israel and Judah - the people of the 12 tribes

Eva 03, the black horse.

his horseman represents unfair (black) trading and "ripping people off", driving entire nations into poverty for monetary gain, by the rich rulers of the world. These people are not kings and presidents. Kings and presidents do not rule the world any more than prime-ministers and politicians do. This world is run by a small group of EXTREMELY rich Jews who are known as "The Hidden Hand".

SEELE anyone?

the third horseman was told not to hurt the oil and the wine - the 12 tribes of Israel - but they have been hurt..

Possibly an attempt at Third Impact? Something designed to protect rebelled (Bardiel) in turn turned against those who it was to protect?

This fits right in with 03 and Bardiel. 03 was made to protect from Third Impact, yet he was taken over by Bardiel (rebelled). He then became the enemy of those he was originally made to protect. If he were to successfully rebelled he would’ve cause 3rd Impact.

The fourth horseman of the Apocalypse rode a pale horse. "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was DEATH, and HELL followed with him. And power was given unto them (the four horsemen) over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth." This horseman rode on a pale/sick horse

Unit 04 (or the MP Evas). If you don't see a trend, I'll need to hurt you. He had the power’s DEATH and HELL (the most power, the S^2 engine).

Both the MP Evas and 04 can fit the description of the fourth horse (S^2 engine and coloration). But the two authors are torn on which. I believe that it's Sangouki (order) and he believes it's the MP Evas... I've also found something on the "eyes" that appear on the MP Eva's wings in EoE, suggesting that the MP Evas may be something else. If someone wants me to post a little thing on that as well, I shall (though I need to write it first :oops: ).

The 4 horsemen are units 01, 02, 03, and Seele Eva. But what about Unit 00? My theory is Rei is the Lamb of God, Jesus... and that Eva 00 is her horse (as it shows the Evas are all horses to the horsemen).

For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

Unit-00 was the first Evangelion succesfully made, and Rei was the first Child "Firstborn among many brothers." Units 01 through 03 follow soon after, and then the "Fourth Horsemen" and horse, the Seele Eva/Nagisa.

The sixth seal reveals the day of the Lord, which brings the Lamb's wrath to those on the earth.

This reminds me of Eva-00's and Eva-01’s compatibility test, before this, Unit-00 had only worked with Rei. But when the anti Christ (Shinji) was put into the cockpit, it went berserk.

After taking the scroll from God and being worshipped by all creation the Lamb now opens the seven seals of the scroll to reveal its contents.

Notice first that only the Lamb (Rei/Zerogouki) is able to take the scroll from God and to break the seals and reveal its contents. Picture the scroll being the Lance of Longinus, they feared allowing the Evangelions to touch the Lance, due to Third impact. Unit-00 had made contact with the Lance.

Jesus also had sacrificed himself for the sins of humanity. In a sense, he had saved humanity. Now look at what Rei and Zerogouki did. She sacrificed herself to save humanity in the battle against Armisael

A/N: This information is mostly from Revelation. But in other books it is written in a similar context, practically everything Rei and Unit-00 do is written as actions of Jesus, this is what brings me to my belief, and seeing as I haven't seen anybody link Unit-00 to him I have written this theory.

~ Jason-James Tinkler Alias: Tatsuhiku

NOTE: All of this is just finding symbolism. None of this really affects the story line. In example, most people believe that 00 went berserk because Naoko’s soul was in the Eva and she tried to kill Gendou and Rei out of spite. Our explanation is based on and symbolism should be taken with a grain of salt—

Er— so any comments? It seems that the Barons of Hell were based off these horsemen. Kinda like a folktale from generation to generation, sometimes things are lost or changed (in this case, the names).

Rev 6:1 I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come!" 2. I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.

*EDIT* Added some more info on the first horsemen.
*EDIT 2* Got rid of the Japanese names, I had a few wrong XD
Last edited by Mr.Guy on Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:41 pm

Oro? Facinating find there mr. guy. I never would have caught any of that. Maybe there is more to EVA than first meets the eye...
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TheMessiah » Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:34 pm

to say there is more to eva then meets the eye is beyond an understatement. i truly wish i could add more seeing as this is my favorite division of Evangelion. but i am severly lacking in my knowledge of the New Testament
monstrum in fronte, monstrum in animo

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:44 pm

Yeah, I guess you could call that an understatment I suppose... But I wonder, is all this intentional or are we fans just looking wayyyyyyy to into things?
^Clicky for Evamade!

TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TheMessiah » Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:25 pm

i for one refuse to believe that this is just made up in our heads due mostly to the amount of fan base

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:28 pm

yeah, all these conicidences are definitly a sign... GAINAX isn't telling us something I'm sure...
^Clicky for Evamade!

Mr.Guy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Mr.Guy » Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:33 pm

I added some more info to Unit 01... pertaining to the anti christ.

So what do you people think about the info? Do you believe it's correct? Any questions regarding it?

TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TheMessiah » Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:38 pm

where did you add it, i dont want to read it again to try and find it ^_^

sadsadshinji
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:03 pm

i dont think that Shinji was that selfish...like he stopped instrumentality even though it was what he originally wanted and sacrificed his mental health to save the world by piloting eva....

Mr.Guy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Mr.Guy » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:17 pm

sadsadshinji wrote:i dont think that Shinji was that selfish...like he stopped instrumentality even though it was what he originally wanted and sacrificed his mental health to save the world by piloting eva....

I said up until EoE.

You've heard all the dream sequences. They state about how he was only seeing what he wanted to see, that he was being selfish.

As for the new notes on unit 01, they're right up at the top with Shogouki.

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:40 pm

BTW, thanks for the Japanese names for Units-03 and 05. By anychance do you know Unit-04's?
^Clicky for Evamade!

TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TheMessiah » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:27 pm

shigoki

ichi
ni
san
shi
go
roku
shi-chi
haji
ku
ju

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:32 pm

Ah, thanks Messiah. My Japanese is a little rusty... :oops:
^Clicky for Evamade!

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:35 pm

I for one believe that GAINIAX/Anno did not intentionally include references to the passages you quoted from the new testament. Which makes it even weirder, because I most certainly can see the connection without trying that hard at all.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:41 pm

Anno definately knew what he was doing because these connections are not just coincidental. I don't think he scrutinized over the details but he made sure the reference was correct.

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:44 pm

Didn't GAINAX say that Evangelion had nothing to do with the Christian/Judaic religions and that it simply used symbols from that to make it look cool/mysterious? I think some of the above references are going above just "cool and/or mysterious" and into the religios. Hope that made sense...
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TheMessiah » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:48 pm

Anno has been refered to an Occult master more than once

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:58 pm

yeah, as I said all this stuff is eithe deranged rambelings of fans or there is more to NGE than first meets the eye... weird huh?
^Clicky for Evamade!

sadsadshinji
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:54 am

he has a right to be selfish...look at what he goes through...

Timesplitter 01
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:32 am

cain luppus wrote:Anno definately knew what he was doing because these connections are not just coincidental. I don't think he scrutinized over the details but he made sure the reference was correct.

I agree. There are to many references to be coincidental .
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Return to “Evangelion Discussion”