Any fans of the LittleKuriboh guy?(Eva related)

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

TonyTH
Adam

Any fans of the LittleKuriboh guy?(Eva related)

•      
  •      

Postby TonyTH » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:53 pm

Creator of YGO abridged? If you guys are fans of his, you should check out this video. He's collecting charity money. And he's also taking money for a one shot parody, and Eva is in the running.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ1ACS-26E4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg0eJmyqkZw&feature=feedu

He says in the second one Eva still has a shot, it's just lagging behind a bit. If you guys wanna see a funny one shot video from LK, you should donate some cash. It's for the Japan relief effort, so it's for a good cause!

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: Any fans of the LittleKuriboh guy?(Eva related)

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:36 pm

View Original PostTonyTH wrote:He says in the second one Eva still has a shot, it's just lagging behind a bit. If you guys wanna see a funny one shot video from LK, you should donate some cash. It's for the Japan relief effort, so it's for a good cause!

Except that the auction is closed. The winner should have been announced on the 15th. What's the deal, did Evangelion win?

TonyTH
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby TonyTH » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:01 pm

I assumed that the second video was for last minute things and that we had more time on that one...and since there's no time limit counter for that particular thing...well, I thought there was more time. It's not REALLY an auction.

...I shall email about this! And yeah, like you said, we won't know til May. But I hope so, would be rather funny.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:19 pm

View Original PostTonyTH wrote:I assumed that the second video was for last minute things and that we had more time on that one...and since there's no time limit counter for that particular thing...well, I thought there was more time. It's not REALLY an auction.

...I shall email about this! And yeah, like you said, we won't know til May. But I hope so, would be rather funny.

Yeah, but even the second video was uploaded over a week ago. And both videos and the website say that the auction is closed. It also says on the website that the winning series would be announced on April 15th, and then no more donations would be accepted.

Rebbie
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Rebbie » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:43 am

Yeah, Eva won.

http://twitter.com/yugiohtas/status/58967154934034432

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:36 pm

View Original PostRebbie wrote:Yeah, Eva won.

...apparently by a landslide.

As an old-school fan of LK who believes that he's spent the last couple years in a downward spiral, I posit that the Eva parody will either be extremely awesome or extremely lame. One of the two. THERE IS NO MIDDLE GROUND. He's a big fan of the series, at least, so that helps.
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

BornIn1142
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby BornIn1142 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:40 am

But... LK has already parodied NGE in his guide to creating an abridged series video.
"I'm afraid you can't create tragedy out of abnormal psychology." - Andrew Sarris.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:46 am

View Original PostBornIn1142 wrote:But... LK has already parodied NGE in his guide to creating an abridged series video.

What's your point? Nobody is saying he's never done anything Eva-related.

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dartz » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:25 am

Apparently, grapevine is that LK is a bit of a douche to con-staff, and has an inflated sense of self-importance. But you didn't hear that from me at all... no, no scurrillous and unsubstantiated allegations here....
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:50 am

View Original PostDartz wrote:Apparently, grapevine is that LK is a bit of a douche to con-staff, and has an inflated sense of self-importance. But you didn't hear that from me at all... no, no scurrillous and unsubstantiated allegations here....

Well, I can tell you that when I had him as a panelist at Otakon last year, he was a perfect gentleman. Despite some bumps along the way, he was very polite, patient, and understanding. If it were up to me, I would have him back in a heartbeat.

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:18 pm

View Original PostBornIn1142 wrote:But... LK has already parodied NGE in his guide to creating an abridged series video.

That was more a parody of Eva parodies than a parody of Eva itself.
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:29 pm

LittleKurbioh? Never heard of him.

He stated in his latest "Card Games for Charity" video the Eva Parody he's going to do isn't going to be like the "gay emo slut jokes" he did back in Abridging 101.

That was more a parody of Eva parodies than a parody of Eva itself.

No it wasn't. The only well known Eva parody at the time was Redeath (was that the title?) and there had been only one "Abridged" titled parody around that time as well. If I remember correctly, he stated a large majority of that video was simply poking fun at himself. Don't remember when he said that and I don't remember where either, maybe his LiveJournal or an interview.

Edit: Comment section of that video. That's where he stated it.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:36 pm

Are you kidding? Eva parodies have been around for as long as Eva has, as the pre-Youtube popularity of ReDeath will attest to. I'll concede that, if you want to be really particular, the main target of the "Abridging 101" video were "Abridged Series" copycats in general (specifically the lazy, talentless ones, of which there are many), but it aimed a few jokes at Eva parodies in particular ("WHY, THERE GOES A GAY EMO KID!").

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:57 am

I said "well known" at that time. Not generally.
And yeah, I should've said that in addition to poking fun at himself he was also poking fun at other parody attempts. He's stated that as well.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Da Games Elite
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Da Games Elite » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:29 am

lol, Eva's been abridged before abridging even existed. >_< It's not a matter of whether or not it's been done before, but how well he can do it. Truthfully, I think he'll do an awesome job. ^_^ It'll be neat to see his type of humor applied to the series.

Also, LK did a parody where he changed the lyrics of the opening, parodying more the reputation the show had than the actual show.

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:00 pm

I'll eat my hat as a three course meal if this publicity one-shot is actually good.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:41 pm

View Original PostC.A.P. wrote:I'll eat my hat as a three course meal if this publicity one-shot is actually good.

TYPICAL. Someone tries to do something good for others, and someone else is quick to label it as a publicity stunt. Can't you just be happy that he's using what he has at his disposal to do some real, tangible good in this world?

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:53 pm

...I'll be quiet Aaron.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

psychosis090
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby psychosis090 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:18 am

View Original PostC.A.P. wrote:...I'll be quiet Aaron.

No, C.A.P, you're perfectly right in saying that. Martin does not suddenly become immune to criticism just because he held a charity fundraiser. LK already has enough sycophantic white-knights to come and hug him and pat him on the head when he releases his next bomb.
You think ignorance is cute? Well, I suppose you think mental retardation is downright adorable! - Ed Wuncler, Sr.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:49 am

View Original Postpsychosis090 wrote:No, C.A.P, you're perfectly right in saying that. Martin does not suddenly become immune to criticism just because he held a charity fundraiser. LK already has enough sycophantic white-knights to come and hug him and pat him on the head when he releases his next bomb.

Return to “Fan Works”