[LAEM] Director?

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

Crazyman42
Lilith

Director?

Postby Crazyman42 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:34 am

What director do you think could best capture the feeling of Evangelion?

In my opnion it would have to be someone commited and able to capture the feeling, but still add in there own style. Martin Scorsese might be a good choice. Eh, that's what I think. What do you think?

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

Postby MongolSquad » Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:13 am

QUENTIN TARANTINO YOU BASTARDS!!!!!!!!

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:30 am

Best bet would be some indie who knows and likes the anime, the bigger names would most likely change the story big time to fit their own image.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Slade
Embryo

Postby Slade » Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:48 pm

Names like Tarantino and Gueillermo Del Toro come to mind. But I dont think that havening a big name director attached to this project is a neccisity. As lon as it isnt Paul W. Anderson.
"All I have ever asked of this world is that when my time comes, let it be for something, not of something."

- Slade

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby EVA-01X » Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:19 pm

I don't care who the director is, but I only care I he or she can make a faithfull adaptation without having this go down the toilet. That is all I ask for.
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

Asuka Loves Toji
Adam

Postby Asuka Loves Toji » Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:17 pm

i back Tarintino, but rumor has it he's working on a war film
comming soon so a siggy near you

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

Postby MongolSquad » Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:23 pm

>.< Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:12 am

Tarantino is a good director, but do you really want to be starring at the cast's, and EVA's feet for half the time, the guys foot fetish has gotten out of hand. :lol:
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Vulkurt
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Vulkurt » Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:42 am

Ang Lee, John Woo (with a mindset of before he crossed the Pacific Ocean), or (and no throwing of objects) Steven Spielberg. All of whom work well with characterization and action in their movies, and can direct on an epic scale. I am wont to say Terry Gilliam, but then you can guarentee a complete rewrite and a compromise of plot.
Done. Guarding.

Asuka Loves Toji
Adam

Postby Asuka Loves Toji » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:11 pm

Hunter21 wrote:Tarantino is a good director, but do you really want to be starring at the cast's, and EVA's feet for half the time, the guys foot fetish has gotten out of hand. :lol:

i dunno but i think if he did direct the film (and you know how he pusts himself in the films) who do you think he'd play?
comming soon so a siggy near you

utero2001
Embryo

Postby utero2001 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:23 pm

I always find that determining the direct, does'nt matter what their project, that it has the same style and good quality.

So directors like Ridley Scott, or James Cameroon would be a really cool idea. Spielberg can do the highly original ideas and they've always impressed

I'm not too sure with Tarrantino though lol, I love his films, (but they are very much "his" films), and I doubt he could do the EVA project, it would'nt be crap thats for sure, but I don't think it would be exceptional.

Put someone like Paul Anderson in and you'll have crap action, inrealistic sets, and lots of plastic ice. Whonse his name was announced to make Alien Vs Predator I already knew what to expect this film to be like

Kiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Kiel » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:44 pm

Speilberg, Ridley Scott, Cameron, Tarentino...

These names are meaningless :twisted:

Mwa hahhahahah!

:shock: excuse...did I just say that?!

no...i didn't think so...

Maybe Eva is the perfect chance for somebody new! I think the best choice would be somone who knows Eva well and who knows that the best choice is to, well, change things as little as possible, i guess.

I don't want an exact Eva clone, but I'd rather see that than something utterly mindless and devoid of what made NGE...well, NGE!

So, In closing, I feel that we should dig up ol' Stanley Kubric's corpse, tie strings to his arms, legs and head, and have him direct!

:twisted: MWA HAHAHAHAHAGG *coughs*

excuse me...I lost control...
The Amytiville Toaster

Makes Breakfast Spooky!

houtaru
Lilith

Postby houtaru » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:12 am

Perhaps Sam Raimi. He did a fantastic job translating a comic book to the screen (Spiderman 1 & 2). He could do a good job translating an anime.

Kiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Kiel » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:51 am

Sam Raimi, eh?

Not a bad choice!

I'm pretty sure it's official that Pete Jackson won't be involved with the Eva movie, since he's busy with his King Kong flick.

But hey! If he ends up being good at directing giant things smashing buildings, Maybe he'd be right for the job...

Gotta keep an open mind
The Amytiville Toaster

Makes Breakfast Spooky!

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby EVA-01X » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:28 am

Maybe we could get EM to direct? I pretty sure he knows what hes talking about at times.
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

utero2001
Embryo

Postby utero2001 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:33 pm

Maybe Eva is the perfect chance for somebody new! I think the best choice would be somone who knows Eva well and who knows that the best choice is to, well, change things as little as possible, i guess.

don't want to be negative, but thats what Paul Anderson says about Alien vs Predator. I knows too much about the older films and loves them. But his film will still smell as bad as mortal kombat

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:10 pm

EVA-01X wrote:Maybe we could get EM to direct? I pretty sure he knows what hes talking about at times.

Thanks, although I'm FAR from being qualified to direct a major motion picture.

However, I do intend to serve as an advisor for the film if at all possible. Something tells me that they could use a few Eva geeks with an understanding of good taste, and whom have seen and agonized over quite a few adaptations.

coff
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby coff » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:33 pm

utero2001 wrote:don't want to be negative, but thats what Paul Anderson says about Alien vs Predator. I knows too much about the older films and loves them. But his film will still smell as bad as mortal kombat

I'm pretty sure the AvP movie is based of the computer games with the same name, not the movies themselves. So it really shouldn't be compared to previous Alien or Predator movies.

Sorry for going off topic. :oops:

Slade
Embryo

Postby Slade » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:08 pm

Sorry for being even more off topic, but AvP was a comic book long before it was a game, and the movie has nothing to do with the game. Totally different time frame. you may kill me now
"All I have ever asked of this world is that when my time comes, let it be for something, not of something."

- Slade

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:58 pm

(Aliens Versus Predator is going to own all, and fuck you if you think otherwise.)

I remembered something Peter Jackson said, when asked if he would like to do some large project like the Lord of the Rings again. And his response was something along the lines of "No, absolutely not. As great as its been, its simply something I would not want to go through again."

So with that in mind, you can rule him out if Eva turns out to be a huge project like Lord of the Rings.

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”