Curious about "The Blackboard"

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

Fireand'chutes77
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Curious about "The Blackboard"

•      
  •      

Postby Fireand'chutes77 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:21 pm

This seems like the place to put it:

The "blackboard" of cryptic phrases that heads each and every page of this form and the wiki was one of the first things I saw when I stumbled across EvaGeeks. The longer I've been in the Eva community, the more and more I've come to understand some of the references (LAEM, Uber Pimp, Go Hikari, etc).

But now that I took a few minutes to read the blackboard, I'm interested: what is the story behind it? Who put it together? Why did certain phrases make it up there, and what are the stories behind them? Are there large-scale versions that don't have the navigation bars and have readable small text?

Is there a central compendium (The Geektionary?) that explains it all, or are they in-jokes that are only revealed by time and participation?
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. JSDF attack ships on fire during Operation Yashima. I watched particle beams glitter in the dark near the Geofront. All these moments will be lost in time. Like LCL in rain. Time to die." ~ ANT Pogo
Asuka: founder of

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:39 pm

This thread may help: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=4275
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”