What are you watching right now? (tv series + see OP!)

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Gus Hanson
Tabris
Tabris

Re: What are you watching right now? (tv series + see OP!)

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:21 pm

Woke up early so I could catch up on Big Hero 6: The Series at noon. The episode was about Hiro, Fred, and Baymax snooping in on Gogo's private alone time in the woods where she likes to secretly go bird watching. One thing I am noticing is that Baymax being a personal healthcare companion is being given the instructor role in describing bacteria that appear in hot tubs as well as identifying a dung beetle. I also couldn't help but kind of agree with mountain man saying that technology will doom us all in the future since I kind of believe in that apocalyptic world shown in Terminator and The Matrix where the machines will one day kill us and/or enslave us. But that's just a crackpot theory, right? :bigeyes: :???:
And so Javert, you see it's true. This man bears no more guilt than you! Who am I? TWO-FOUR-SIX-OH-OOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! - Jean Valjean (Les Miserables)

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:01 pm

The Haunting of Hill House Netflix series. Flawed masterpiece. More of a journey over a destination thing. Episode 5 is some of the best television horror I have ever seen.
the prophecy is true
The wish for respectability, observed spiritual teacher Jiddu Krishnamurti, is the greatest deterrent to selfhood and progress.

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:31 pm

^ I had someone recommend this show to me too. They described as both "predictable in places" but "throughly enjoyable" so definitely gonna check it out now.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:01 pm

I have a hard time describing it without giving it away. Parts of it are phenomenal, parts of it are... not, but the overall experience is worth ten hours of your time. The show itself is beautiful (thought very dark- I mean literally, as befits much of it taking place in an old hulk of a house)
the prophecy is true
The wish for respectability, observed spiritual teacher Jiddu Krishnamurti, is the greatest deterrent to selfhood and progress.

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:25 pm

Rewatched much of Season 4 of Bosch. S5 can't get here fast enough. Supremely comfy procedural cop show.

View Original PostChuckman wrote:The Haunting of Hill House Netflix series. Flawed masterpiece. More of a journey over a destination thing. Episode 5 is some of the best television horror I have ever seen.

Nice. Will make a effort to watch the 2 films for the 1st time & start the show.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:49 pm

You can skip the 1999 movie, it's a travesty. If you want a fuller experience of the miniseries, read the book first. It's pretty short and it's a classic.
the prophecy is true

silvermoonlight
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:40 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:You can skip the 1999 movie, it's a travesty. If you want a fuller experience of the miniseries, read the book first. It's pretty short and it's a classic.

I'd agree with that though I did find some of the imagery in the 1999 movie really unsettling but its not true to the original at all but if you ever wanted to write a horror novel and needed nightmare ideas for an insane asylum the 1999 has some really terrible stuff going on that's very fitting.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:02 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:I have a hard time describing it without giving it away. Parts of it are phenomenal, parts of it are... not, but the overall experience is worth ten hours of your time. The show itself is beautiful (thought very dark- I mean literally, as befits much of it taking place in an old hulk of a house)

I totally understand, tring to describe a show is difficult without giving away certain things. But thank you for the good recommendation ^_^

Also, just finished watching an Aussie series called Rake. Fifth season came out, little disappointed that its the final season, but it was fucking hilarious. Show's about a drugged up, drunkass barrister in Sydney who makes loads of bad choices(personally and professionally), but always still ends up somehow winning his court cases. Definitely worth a watch if you like humor, the law, and hearing the word "fuckwit" a whole lot.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:20 pm

Let's see... Amazon Prime just got a bunch of new stuff in, so I'm currently doing a much needed rewatch of Babylon 5 (currently in season 4), which will be followed by Battlestar Galactica, and then the three Stargate series.

Return to “Film and Video”