That's One Hell of an April Fool's Joke Guys!

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Re: That's One Hell of an April Fool's Joke Guys!

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:38 am

I must say I kinda like seeing the avatars left/right, it feels like a conversation.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:08 am

Tumbling down, y'all :harpy_liplick:

I am glad I dropped by today.
Voluntary Illusion.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:34 am

That's a clever April Fool's prank guys. Now, can you make it do a barrel roll?
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:47 am

Pretty neat. Just got it to work for me.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:18 am

I actually didnt even notice it at first :bigeyes:
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:16 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:That's a clever April Fool's prank guys. Now, can you make it do a barrel roll?

I could, but I really can't be bothered - more to the point, I have visitors, so I can't take the extra time. What I've done took a grand total of 80 characters to implement, but it would take several times that for an animation.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:20 pm

To anyone not seeing the flipped banner and post profiles: Hit Ctrl+F5 (or at least that's what works on my Chrome and Firefox) to refresh your browser cache.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:39 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:I could, but I really can't be bothered - more to the point, I have visitors, so I can't take the extra time. What I've done took a grand total of 80 characters to implement, but it would take several times that for an animation.

Maybe next year :wink:
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:59 pm

I started using a new browser on my phone last night when this went up....just thought this new browser had problems displaying Evageeks, haha. I was truly tricked.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:04 pm

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:I started using a new browser on my phone last night when this went up....just thought this new browser had problems displaying Evageeks, haha. I was truly tricked.

Haha, this is actually brilliant :'D
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:20 pm

It does have a practical problem with it, though: I can't check my notifications, because the dropdown is now a dropup that extends off the page!
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:44 pm

One extra click - go to your user control panel and select "manage notifications", the bottom option on the first tab - that lists them.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:21 pm

At first, I had no idea what the fuck anyone was talking about so I decided to look at the EvaGeeks page in a Private Window and whaddaya know, everything is upside down.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:46 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:One extra click - go to your user control panel and select "manage notifications", the bottom option on the first tab - that lists them.

That wasn't one extra click -- it was two, and a scroll!

...But it worked, so, thanks.

What do you mean I installed and maintain this software, that doesn't mean I know how it works!
System Administrator

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:13 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:That wasn't one extra click -- it was two, and a scroll!

...But it worked, so, thanks.

I know, all that extra work, I'm starting to get carpal tunniel

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:31 pm

I missed this. :(
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:55 pm

*Bugs Bunny imitating Joseph Stalin* - "Does your tobacco taste different lately?"

For those in the Americas, particularly on the West Coast - it's already midnight across most of Europe.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:00 pm

That explains a lot... -o-;
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

The Dragon Mask
Lilith

Fool's Day 2021 split

•      
  •      

Postby The Dragon Mask » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:20 pm

EDIT: Split out from after this post

Haha yeah I noticed that and did a double take lol.

Let's test this out:

Shinji s h i n j i
Rei r e i
Misato m i s a t o
Sachiel s a c h i e l
Gendo g e n d o
Yui y u i
Fuyutsuki f u y u t s u k i
Ritsuko r i t s u k o
Kaji k a j i
Asuka a s u k a
Toji t o j i
Kensuke k e n s u k e
Hikari h i k a r i
Kaworu k a w o r u
Keel k e e l
Maya m a y a
Aoba a o b a
Hyuga h y u g a
Mari m a r i
Hideaki Anno h i d e a k i a n n o

BusterMachine4
Matarael
Matarael

Re: Amazon Prime Video release

•      
  •      

Postby BusterMachine4 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:35 pm

Also, N a o k o has been changed to "Sarai." An in-joke I wouldn't have gotten if I didn't go on a wiki-walk through the EvaGeeks wiki a few months ago.

EDIT: Holy crap, the names are even changed when you quote posts. I hope the mods know how to undo this joke.

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”