[LAEM] Possible........ REVELATION!!!!

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

ice reaper
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Possible........ REVELATION!!!!

Postby ice reaper » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:57 am

last night, on Friday night with Johnathen Ross (British celebrity chat show) Daniel Radcliffe AKA 'Harry Potter' was chatting away and revealed a new film which would begin filming at the end of the year and commented on it being absolutely brilliant (as an idea) and something 100% origianl. it's to be filmed in Australia.

if you scower the facts mentioned above you will notice (hopefully) that a lot of Live action eva rumours have smacked themselves together there. Daniel was mentioned as being a 'good' person for the job of Shinji, Australia has be said to be the filming location of LA eva and finally, the end of the year would be a good time to start filming Eva i.e. it's almost here.

talk

"The divine fall silent as the freil plea aloud"

ThroneofDravaris
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ThroneofDravaris » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:16 am

I think casting David Radcliffe as Shinji would be a mistake. The last thing we want Eva to be known as is ‘that other movie he stared in’.
BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND

Six Winged Angel
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Six Winged Angel » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:35 am

I disagree,

I think daniel is much like Shinji, it would be great to have him in the movie, it could also raise the sales record ;P
~But someday you will come to understand that on your back, there are wings with which you can fly on the distant future.

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Space Penis » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:28 am

I'd just like to say that it is entirely possible that Eva isn't the only film to be made in australia. It's a big place. Also, the script for Eva hasn't been finished AFAIK, so I don't see how they could have done casting yet.

There's also the problem that I can't think of one good film this kid has been in.
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Re: possable........ REVELATION!!!!

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:10 pm

ice reaper wrote:last night, on Friday night with Johnathen Ross (British celebrity chat show) Daniel Radcliffe AKA 'Harry Potter' was chatting away and revealed a new film which would begin filming at the end of the year and commented on it being absolutely brilliant (as an idea) and something 100% origianl. it's to be filmed in Australia.

if you scower the facts mentioned above you will notice (hopefully) that a lot of Live action eva rumours have smacked themselves together there. Daniel was mentioned as being a 'good' person for the job of Shinji, Australia has be said to be the filming location of LA eva and finally, the end of the year would be a good time to start filming Eva i.e. it's almost here.

talk

Your conclusion is almost completely illogical. An adaptation is not 100% original. There are no rumors that Evangelion will be filmed in Australia; there has only been speculation that it will be filmed in New Zealand. There is absolutely no evidence that the project will be ready to begin filming by the end of the year; they don't even have a cast, or a script for that matter. And it's even been stated by ADV that Daniel Radcliffe is now too old to star in the film.

You must be pretty desparate to see that this thing is still alive.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

klanco
Embryo

Postby klanco » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:30 pm

daniel radcliffe is too old even for harry potter!!! he has to shave himself 10 minutes before every shot and she has a 20 years girlfriend (well not much problem with Shinji who has all the fucking japanse-babes harem )

ZANKOKU LEVIOSA???? mmmm....

ice reaper
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby ice reaper » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:44 am

You must be pretty desparate to see that this thing is still alive.

yes, i am.

and i was just quoting what he said by the way of '100% original' after all he's probably oblivious to eva and so seems completelt new to him. i'm sorry for the australia bit; i meant new zealand, i was just using the location of the WETA HQ and the two countries have always been confused.

and who said anything about daniel actually playing Shinji? i said a certain magazine sugested it but not that he was actually going to play him.

klanco
Embryo

Postby klanco » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:16 am

he`s gonna play fuyutsuki then :wink:

Phoenix Feet
Adam

Postby Phoenix Feet » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:36 am

ice reaper wrote:yes, i am.

and i was just quoting what he said by the way of '100% original' after all he's probably oblivious to eva and so seems completelt new to him. i'm sorry for the australia bit; i meant new zealand, i was just using the location of the WETA HQ and the two countries have always been confused.

and who said anything about daniel actually playing Shinji? i said a certain magazine sugested it but not that he was actually going to play him.

He might make a good Hyuga. He'd make a GREAT Rei.

And what do you mean, "always been confused"? You're english! You OWN us! You should know better.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:41 pm

and i was just quoting what he said by the way of '100% original' after all he's probably oblivious to eva and so seems completelt new to him.

If Daniel is not going to star in the movie, then what relevance does it have for him, especially if he's oblivious to Evangelion? Why would he be talking about it at all? If he had any involvement, even from the sidelines as the formerly "rumored" star and a good sport, he would not be obvlivious to a detail such as the existence of the cartoon, either.

And the bit about the prepro progress stands. If you do hear anything relevant, it won't be for a while.

_get some help

Hand of God
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Hand of God » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:46 pm

Phoenix Feet wrote:

And what do you mean, "always been confused"? You're english! You OWN us! You should know better.

they dont own me I'm not american, the idea of that kid being Shinji is cool but no hilary duff being Asuka, I heard that like a year or 2 back! :(
the world is just a sick and twisted place

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby rip3mwk » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:57 pm

D.R. MUST NOT be in this film for this one reason: THE KIK CANNOT ACT!!
Thus, he cannot be Shinji for fucks sake...

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:44 pm

Well closer to the time we may find out where it is being shot.

And if it is being filmed in Australia maybe I can be an extra :D
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Phoenix Feet
Adam

Postby Phoenix Feet » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:56 pm

New Zealand has doubled as ancient Japan before, though how well it did is a matter of opinion.

I hope it get's filmed in this area too. It's at least a few years away, (if it happens at all), and hopefully by then I'll be good enough to apply to be script supervisor on it.

ice reaper
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby ice reaper » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:11 am

Phoenix Feet wrote:

lol. owning you means we don't have to care about you-- we've already filled the country with our worst criminals and watched to see what happens. so far they've just developed their own accent.

If Daniel is not going to star in the movie, then what relevance does it have for him, especially if he's oblivious to Evangelion? Why would he be talking about it at all? If he had any involvement, even from the sidelines as the formerly "rumored" star and a good sport, he would not be obvlivious to a detail such as the existence of the cartoon, either.

*exhausted sigh* at no point have i stated he wasn't going to star in it, just that he isn't neceserally Shinji, maybe a shit add on character? or maybe a very very young Kaji, who shags everything in sight and some things which aren't. who knows.

the reason he mentioned it was because he was asked if he was involved in any other projects, he didn't even mention the name of the film! hence this speculation.

as for the oblivious statement; he could have just been shown the material he needed to know, it would be cheaper and faster for the.....boss.

*awaits inevitable round 3*

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:01 pm

Stretch.

_get some help

Phoenix Feet
Adam

Postby Phoenix Feet » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:15 pm

Agreed.

To repeat:

...a new film which would begin filming at the end of the year...

It's very unlikely that the LAE project is even close to the production phase.

...it's to be filmed in Australia.

We don't know the location it's going to be filmed in. Just because WETA's doing the concept work doesn't make it certain that it's going to be filmed in New Zealand (which isn't Australia :? ).

Besides, Australia would be an odd choice. Apart from the cities, it doesn't really resemble anything other than itself. So unless they're moving the story from Japan to Australia, I think it's unlikely to be filmed in Australia.

The other stuff about Daniel playing someone else and it being "100% original" could fit with the LAE project, but it could also fit with almost any other film being made over here. It doesn't actually point to Eva specifically.

The chances that he's talking about the Eva project are pretty slim.

superdoughboy4
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby superdoughboy4 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:56 pm

Danielle Radcliffe...
Lol... Some English kid, er, adult as ya'll said, playing Shinji...?
Hah! As a spoof, maybe, but for real, hell no.
Danielle Radcliffe would only be good for one series, and that series is Harry Potter.
That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

akda1ndaonly1
Adam

Postby akda1ndaonly1 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:46 am

superdoughboy4 wrote:Danielle Radcliffe would only be good for one series, and that series is Harry Potter.

Not even that IMO.
"-Deus ex machina. -What? -Our saviour."

- Donnie Darko

superdoughboy4
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby superdoughboy4 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:09 am

He was the one that looked closest to the pictures of the book covers though.

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”